Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Can you guys order from Beretta? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking for something specific from Beretta, I think. I don't want a used model of a 3032 Tomcat due to the older model's risk of frame cracking (which apparently has been corrected). I figure this would be a perfect gun for that 'special' person, ie my wife, who has some issues with hand strength related to MS.

If you can do this let me know and I will see about placing an order. If you want her to come in and do a background check on her also let me know and I can have her do that. She has her CPL so it would be a same day thing.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:44 pm

I'll take a look and see if any of our distributors carry them.

Also take a look at the Walther PK380. It's a larger gun, but little recoil and a very easy to operate slide. Though the tip up barrel of the Beretta is even easier.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks. She can rack the S&W Sd9 but it is work for her. She wants something relatively small and light for concealed carry. She isn't very big herself so anything big, like my ACP tends to stick out on her. I'm not too thrilled about having another gun caliber in the house (8mm mauser, 45ACP, 30-06, 9mm, 22Lr, 556/223 and now 32ACP) but if she is confident on using the gun and comfortable carrying it I will certainly be happy to get it for her. It would be a nice Mother's day present.

I need to come in anyway and pick up my RC Mauser that you have. It doesn't look like it will sell. I might just keep it as a shooter so I don't run too many rounds down my numbers matching K98. Let me know what you find out and thanks.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 am

I can't find the Beretta in stock at any of our distributors. Have you tried Mary's Pistol's? They might be able to get you one at a decent price.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No, but I can. Nice of you to recommend a competitor.

How long would it take to get one if you ordered it from a distributor? As I said I'm looking for Mother's day so a month or so wait won't be a problem.

Adolf Hitler

Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know you said you are looking for a Tomcat (which are cool little guns I never should have sold mine years ago), but would a hammerless revolver be a viable option? I ask because I just went through this with my Mother In Law and she decided on a S&W 442 in 38SPL which IMO is a great SD caliber and pretty common.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She has a similar one from Ruger right now Zombie. The last time she went shooting she had a helluva time just firing the thing. I'm afraid any revolver will be like this for her. That is the hard part about MS with her. If you met her you would never know she has a problem but her hand weakness has gotten much more severe over the last couple of years. It is too bad, she liked her little 38 too.

Adolf Hitler

Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wklink wrote:
She has a similar one from Ruger right now Zombie. The last time she went shooting she had a helluva time just firing the thing. I'm afraid any revolver will be like this for her. That is the hard part about MS with her. If you met her you would never know she has a problem but her hand weakness has gotten much more severe over the last couple of years. It is too bad, she liked her little 38 too.

Ahh I gotcha, yea the trigger pull on those DA Revolvers can be a pain in the ass. Good luck in your quest like I stated above those Tomcats are pretty cool little pistols, the INOX models are pretty slick looking.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:19 pm

I don't have an estimate at all, since the distributor has to get it from Beretta and nobody knows how long that might be. I can add one to a couple wish lists if you want me to keep an eye out. Might be tomorrow, might not be until next month.
The firearms industry, and hell most anything related, seem to be some of the most unorganized in the country. Most everything is nearly always hit and miss. 99 of a model in stock one day, 5 days later all are sold out and no estimate. Orders from SHOT still trickling in... one gun at a time.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll try to swing by and chat with you when the wife isn't around. I have friends that live in other states so I might have them keep an eye out for me as well.

I'll give Mary's a call tomorrow too. If I have to I can go via gunbroker and have an ffl to ffl to you.

Adolf Hitler

Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]