Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Lumberjack Pellets

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:42 pm

Who's got em? Lamrith moved on, right? Anyone in the Morth carry them? Dealer for them? I got a new Camp Chef Woodwind on the way and will need some pellets. Any and all help appreciated.

Re: Lumberjack Pellets

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:44 pm

Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:56 pm

MadPick wrote:Image

Dont you have toilet plans to royally fuck up? Maybe reach to the bottom of one of your gun piles and polish it up or something?

Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:11 pm

Lumber Jack BBQ 80 Pounds Pellet Assortment (Pick 4 x 20 Pound Bags) See Description for Flavors https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07MB7W9KL/ ... 8VK8EP56EB

Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:26 pm

I can do Amazon for the short term, would rather buy local if I can though. So what is everyone using? I smoke Hickory Charcoal, or Maple and some Alder wood in my stick burners.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:40 pm

I've been buying Bear Mountain from Coastal. No particular reason other than I like going in there and they had a buy-2-get-1 sale going so I got like 15 bags.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:05 pm

KeystoneCowboy wrote:So what is everyone using? I smoke Hickory Charcoal, or Maple and some Alder wood in my stick burners.

After several years of sporadic and unscientific use, I have formally concluded that it makes no difference which type you use.

Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:58 pm

MadPick wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:So what is everyone using? I smoke Hickory Charcoal, or Maple and some Alder wood in my stick burners.

After several years of sporadic and unscientific use, I have formally concluded that it makes no difference which type you use.

EERRRR, hickory if in stock and mystique do the most flavor. cherry too i wanna say tarty,

Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:22 pm

Just make sure to buy Pellets that are 100% the wood they are advertised as. So forget Traeger pellets for starters.

I can hook you up with a couple bag's of LumberJack Pellets though.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:08 am

KeystoneCowboy wrote:I can do Amazon for the short term, would rather buy local if I can though. So what is everyone using? I smoke Hickory Charcoal, or Maple and some Alder wood in my stick burners.

We are in the same boat there. I am out of a couple flavors now. Apple mash for one, but those are not Lumberjack: https://smile.amazon.com/CookinPellets- ... 226&sr=8-1

Alder, Apple, Hickory, Maple

Maybe some type of north end bulk buy? I'm not ready with my shop and shed, but maybe next year I can get a pallet or two delivered (I have not checked this out)

Of course wood type makes a difference. Exact same meat. Do one mesquite, one hickory, one apple mash. If you can't taste the difference, not sure what to say.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:11 am

Pablo wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:I can do Amazon for the short term, would rather buy local if I can though. So what is everyone using? I smoke Hickory Charcoal, or Maple and some Alder wood in my stick burners.

We are in the same boat there. I am out of a couple flavors now. Apple mash for one, but those are not Lumberjack: https://smile.amazon.com/CookinPellets- ... 226&sr=8-1

Maybe some type of north end bulk buy? I'm not ready with my shop and shed, but maybe next year I can get a pallet or two delivered (I have not checked this out)

Of course wood type makes a difference. Exact same meat. Do one mesquite, one hickory, one apple mash. If you can't taste the difference, not sure what to say.

Just ordered up 4 bags of Lumberjack from Amazon. Will be here next week. May have to check Coastal or Tractor Supply for something in the immediate. Can try these Lumberjack's I have for future purchases. I'd be in on a bulk buy though.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:15 am

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Just ordered up 4 bags of Lumberjack from Amazon. Will be here next week. May have to check Coastal or Tractor Supply for something in the immediate. Can try these Lumberjack's I have for future purchases. I'd be in on a bulk buy though.

I was in Coastal in Monroe one and only one time last winter. I don't remember what pellets they had - looked at their shitty site and saw no pellets :anyone: . TS - no Lumberjack that I remember.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:38 am

If'n I had the capital around, I was seriously considering becoming a dealer. Seems like a decent side-hustle. Just need some place to store and display some of it and buy a yearly minimum. Which shouldn't be hard with the growing popularity of pellet grills. And there isn't any Lumberjack dealer in Skagit Co.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:42 am

Pvanderzee wrote:If'n I had the capital around, I was seriously considering becoming a dealer. Seems like a decent side-hustle. Just need some place to store and display some of it and buy a yearly minimum. Which shouldn't be hard with the growing popularity of pellet grills. And there isn't any Lumberjack dealer in Skagit Co.

I reached out to Lamrith a couple years ago about this very thing. I'd love to do it, he seemed to think they wouldn't grant a dealership with one in Canada and one in Marysville area if I remember right.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:46 am

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:If'n I had the capital around, I was seriously considering becoming a dealer. Seems like a decent side-hustle. Just need some place to store and display some of it and buy a yearly minimum. Which shouldn't be hard with the growing popularity of pellet grills. And there isn't any Lumberjack dealer in Skagit Co.

I reached out to Lamrith a couple years ago about this very thing. I'd love to do it, he seemed to think they wouldn't grant a dealership with one in Canada and one in Marysville area if I remember right.

Interesting.

Border all but closed....yeah kinda sorta open no one going except people with Canada spouse.
Bellingham, near exponential growth and Marysville nowhere close worth driving.......

I will ask them now.
Post a reply