Let's talk about anything food- or drink-related, whether it be home cooking, bars or restaurants!
Post a reply

Grocery Store Deals of the Week

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:37 am

Instead of making a thread for one deal, I thought I'd make a thread where we can post up the deals of the week.

So.... I noticed Safeway has McCormick seasonings advertised for $.99 each in their 'buy 4' deal.... not bad.
But if you look in the Just for You deals.... you can find a digital deal for $1 off on 2.... unlimited.
So --- $.50 each if you buy them in pairs or sets of 4.

I find the Montreal Steak seasoning to be perfect for seasoning hamburgers --- and Montreal Chicken is always nice on chicken and turkey. I'm gonna see if there are any different flavors to try out too. I'm planning on stocking up with 6 and two Franks Hot Sauce.

They also have whole turkey breasts for $1.79/# --- not bad for this time of year. Perfect for smokin!!! I'd grab one, but I've got 3 whole chickens in the freezer right now.

(Mods --- feel free to move this over to WAGrubs if you think its more appropriate --- I just realized it probably is)

Re: Grocery Store Deals of the Week

Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:18 am

This is definitely the right subforum for grocery deals. Right now, it meets the criteria for a "Good Deal", and in a few months it'll meet the criteria for "Hard to Find"...

Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:26 am

JohnMBrowning wrote:Instead of making a thread for one deal, I thought I'd make a thread where we can post up the deals of the week.

So.... I noticed Safeway has McCormick seasonings advertised for $.99 each in their 'buy 4' deal.... not bad.
But if you look in the Just for You deals.... you can find a digital deal for $1 off on 2.... unlimited.
So --- $.50 each if you buy them in pairs or sets of 4.

I find the Montreal Steak seasoning to be perfect for seasoning hamburgers --- and Montreal Chicken is always nice on chicken and turkey. I'm gonna see if there are any different flavors to try out too. I'm planning on stocking up with 6 and two Franks Hot Sauce.

They also have whole turkey breasts for $1.79/# --- not bad for this time of year. Perfect for smokin!!! I'd grab one, but I've got 3 whole chickens in the freezer right now.

(Mods --- feel free to move this over to WAGrubs if you think its more appropriate --- I just realized it probably is)

Excellent deal there JMB I like how you role! Everybody needs a lil spice in there life and getting it for a great price def adds that extra kick!

Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:21 am

JohnMBrowning wrote:(Mods --- feel free to move this over to WAGrubs if you think its more appropriate --- I just realized it probably is)

Moved.

I went to Safeway last night. They have Stubbs BBQ brand sauce on a deep sale. Buy 4 and get them for $1.49 each Normal prince $4.99.

Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:17 am

olydemon wrote:I went to Safeway last night. They have Stubbs BBQ brand sauce on a deep sale. Buy 4 and get them for $1.49 each Normal prince $4.99.

I'll be heading back for some of them too --- just check the pantry last night and I'm down to my last two.
I was happy grabbing two Montreal Steaks (grabbed the low sodium ones by mistake - don't know if I should be pissed yet) and two Garlic Herb (for veggies and potatos) and a Franks --- was thinking about grabbing some of the Chipotle seasoning too, but held back.
Also grabbed a 5# bag of potatoes for $2 - $1 JfY deal --- so $1..... been craving hashbrowns and hasselbacks for awhile now... I've got lots of Kobe and Wagyu beef tallow now.

I will add this too since I just noticed it ----- Keebler cookies!!!!
Digital coupons - two of them - one is 2 for $3 - it is shows as a Famous Amos pic, but includes Keebler and the other is $2 off 2 Keebler cookies ------ so TWO Keebler cookies for $1!!!!!!
Mmmmmm...... Coconut Dreams and Pecan Sandies.....

Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Just a quick heads up ---- I was going thru Fred Meyers today and noticed they have their Kroeger turkeys for $.29/# right now..... I did a quick pass, but I think I'm gonna head back for one tomorrow.... I realized even if you toss the wings and the legs ---- thats one cheap turkey breast!

Honestly - I'm thinking I'll toss the wings since I never do anything with them -- and I'll cut the legs off and still smoke them -- cut the backbone out and do a 'half ass spatch cock' it would be fucking awesome! At $.29/# --- thats really cheap tasty meat!

Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:19 pm

Yeah, $0.29/lb is insanely cheap. Cook a pile and freeze some Ziploc bags full of meat!

Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:25 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the McCormick! Made ribs yesterday and killed a few seasoning bottles making the dry rub. Will definitely be heading to Safeway.

Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:22 am

JohnMBrowning wrote:Honestly - I'm thinking I'll toss the wings since I never do anything with them

Toss them in a ziplock in the freezer. They've got a good proportion of collagen to them, so when you're next making stock they'll add some flavor, and more importantly a lot of body through rendering out the gelatin. You won't notice it's turkey versus chicken.

Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:35 am

Pork Loin for 1.98 lb with a 10lb average at Winco. I cut one into 3rds and did a chunk in the oven after marinating, it was super moist and tasty. :thumbsup2:

Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:20 pm

Just got back from FM.... I just couldn't let a whole turkey go at $.29/#..... came back with a 15#er for $4.29!!! I'll be eating off that thing for a month. Frozen rock hard, so it will take a week to thaw.

Good thing I stocked up on the McCormicks last week --- I ended up grabbing 3x Montreal Chicken - 3x Montreal Steak and 2 each of the Garlic Herb and Garlic Chipotle.

Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:40 pm

Check for discounted corned Beef. I bought about 5 or 6.

Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:08 pm

golddigger14s wrote:Check for discounted corned Beef. I bought about 5 or 6.

Where? I've been looking.... no luck at SW or FM --- gonna have to check out QFC.

Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:13 am

Might be too late now, but after St. Patty's day they liquidate corned beef cheap. About $2 per pound.

Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Fred Meyer/Kroger has pork full back seasoned ribs in chipotle and kansas BBQ flavor for buy on get one free.

New Yorks are also $7.97
Post a reply