Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Vegan Cheese..... 

What do you guys think of the 'plant based' cheeses....
I picked up two packs of the SW cheddar shreds when they were giving them away for free.... (I would have NEVER bought them, but I thought 'hey - free cheese').

Looking at the ingredients --- it looks like its just flavored coconut oil.....
A little less total fats - same amount of saturated fats ---- ZERO protein compared to 7g for regular cheese.

I haven't actually opened a bag yet to try it..... I'm kinda leery to actually use it since you are just eating coconut oil.... not sure where/what the best use is for it yet --- I'd hate to ruin a dish by using it.

Thoughts?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pack it into a tin can with a wick through the center, voila ! Scented candle.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:

Exactly!
“…coconut oil's effects on raising blood cholesterol including harmful LDL and in some cases triglycerides, and because its cholesterol-raising effects were comparable to other saturated fats, the oil should not be viewed as a heart-healthy food and should be limited in the diet.”
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritions ... the%20diet.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:24 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

surevaliance wrote:
RENCORP wrote:

Exactly!
“…coconut oil's effects on raising blood cholesterol including harmful LDL and in some cases triglycerides, and because its cholesterol-raising effects were comparable to other saturated fats, the oil should not be viewed as a heart-healthy food and should be limited in the diet.”
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritions ... the%20diet.

Well, I’m not sure that I believe that anti-saturated fat propaganda … but with that said, I’m not sure why you’d want to eat plant-based cheese when you can buy the real thing.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:10 pm

Exactly where I'm at.... coconut oil isn't 'too bad' for you - but you don't want to eat alot of it....
I'm more curious how it will melt..... would it be a waste of nachos ???

I was up chatting with my neighbor whos wife is fish/chicken vegan type..... I asked him if he had had any off it and his answer was "NO - don't bring it up here....!...!" We thought about why would vegans be opposed to 'milk cheese' since NOTHING dies for it.... nonlogical.... but they think soy and almond milk are the way to go.... NOTHING dies for milk or cheese.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Coconut and palm oils were industrial greases before FDA “approved” them.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:15 pm

Ok - I opened a bag.... Cat heard it.... put some shreds down for him... he circled it three times and then looked at me like 'I aint' eatin that shit - what are you doin to me???? '
Kitty got some good cheese and that vegan shit is going in the trash....

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And that is how stupid people are…

When our pets can clearly see that BS and won’t touch it.

Cheese. Mostly natural. Milk, renin and know how. Fake cheese? Lots of man mad engineering and lots of chemical process.

People are stupid.

I love the skit where there was a free sample giveaway at the grocery store. Fake bacon. The guy takes one and immediately drops it in the garbage and then asks for another… drops that in garbage… repeat.

The fact is. What has worked in the past. Natural diets is what and how we are made. All the chemicals we are adding is what is screwing us up.

Look at the history of eggs for breakfast. How it was deemed bad, moderation or only - egg a week, later only egg whites and then fake egg and then where are we now? Eggs are fine.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:44 pm

And the Kelloggs add for having 'cereal for dinner' now too....
I'm there....

Trust the cat....

Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im with the cat.

Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
And that is how stupid people are…

When our pets can clearly see that BS and won’t touch it.

Cheese. Mostly natural. Milk, renin and know how. Fake cheese? Lots of man mad engineering and lots of chemical process.

People are stupid.

I love the skit where there was a free sample giveaway at the grocery store. Fake bacon. The guy takes one and immediately drops it in the garbage and then asks for another… drops that in garbage… repeat.

The fact is. What has worked in the past. Natural diets is what and how we are made. All the chemicals we are adding is what is screwing us up.

Look at the history of eggs for breakfast. How it was deemed bad, moderation or only - egg a week, later only egg whites and then fake egg and then where are we now? Eggs are fine.

:thumbsup2:

in the 80 there was no thing as peanut allergy, now look .... ya thats what you get for the gooberment messing with you food

Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Ok - I opened a bag.... Cat heard it.... put some shreds down for him... he circled it three times and then looked at me like 'I aint' eatin that shit - what are you doin to me???? '
That's not necessarily indicative of it being bad for human consumption. We're omnivores, cats are carnivores, this is a plant based cheese imitation. That's not to say I'd eat it, just that your cat rejecting it doesn't mean anything.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

Now that's some funny chit right there!!! :ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :ROFLMAO: :rofl9:
Animals have a keen since of smell and know what not to eat, you cannot bullshit them.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:21 am

scrid2000 wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:
That's not necessarily indicative of it being bad for human consumption. We're omnivores, cats are carnivores, this is a plant based cheese imitation. That's not to say I'd eat it, just that your cat rejecting it doesn't mean anything.

True. But cat is a cheese HOUND --- I don't know how he knows the difference in the sound of a cheese ziploc bag vs any other bag - but he KNOWS when I pull a bag of cheese out of the fridge..... for him to not even try it --- surprising. I tried some myself.... it 'kinda' tastes like cheese...?...?... not very good cheese.... If I was low on cheese and it wasn't on sale this week, I may have actually thought about using it... I think I'm gonna pass on it for fear of 'Olestra' type effects.

The first cat I had used to go batshitcrazy for cantaloupe and honeydew melons.... This one loves spaghetti sauce and some pasta -- doesn't even need to have meat.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next