Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Sous vide and me!!! Eeepp!! 

Yeah so I eeep'ed like a 14 year old at a Bieber concert. I bought an Anova unit tonight and decided to try my most hated piece of meat ever...chicken titty. I started it at 145 and after half an hour decided to drop it to 140. Instead of busting out the cast iron pan for a sear I think I messed up by putting it in the broiler for 5 minutes. I think it started cooking the meat vs searing it. Even though I messed up, that chicken was by far the most moist chicken I have ever had. I seasoned it with salt and pepper with some lemon slices. I ate the whole thing with out adding any sauce, it just was chicken perfection in the most simple way, I couldn't get enough of it. And this was just some Walmart chicken. I didn't take any pics because it looked like shit since I broiled it. I'll start taking some pics next time. I have a feeling this is going to be 200 bucks well spent.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sous vide rigs are the bee's knees, I tell y'what. I've gotten to work with them in school and while I was at Adam's Bistro in Monroe, never owned one. Color me jealous. :drool:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Keep us posted. Looks interesting.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

don't know much about it beside using boiling water. why not crockpot?

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sous vide maintains an EXACT temperature of the water. Essentially you vacuum pack whatever it is you're cooking and immerse it in this water held at the precise temperature to slow cook it. All the juices and flavors are locked in, not diluting into the water. Want perfectly poached eggs? done. Piece of meat as juicy as all get out? You got it.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WTF kind of language is this?

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sous Vide is French, and means "under vacuum". An awful lot of culinary words are French.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Sous Vide is French, and means "under vacuum". An awful lot of culinary words are French.

And then there are British culinary words.

"Spotted Dick"
"Toad in the Hole"
"Pork Faggots"
"Flies Graveyard"
"Bubble and Squeak"
"Marmite"

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The words "British" and "culinary" do not belong in the same sentence.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
The words "British" and "culinary" do not belong in the same sentence.

IB4 ANZAC and GlockGirl start waxing poetic about some Limey dish made with fermented kidneys coated in marmite and then boiled or some such like that.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I mean, I love me some Shepherd's Pie, don't get me wrong, but DAMN.... There's a reason why I skipped the entirety of the British section of International Cuisine in my WaGrubs thread...

Back to the original topic...

I'm still pretty damn jealous about your new kitchen acquisition. Post up some pics once you've used it! :thumbsup2:

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:31 pm
Profile WWW

Actually British food is quite good. Proper fish and chips is an art, beef wellington, and meat pies Then there is all the stuff brought back from acquiring new colonies. It's like saying goes Russian food is just boiled pork chops and borst. Makes you look stupid

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:38 pm

Captain90s wrote:
I mean, I love me some Shepherd's Pie, don't get me wrong, but DAMN.... There's a reason why I skipped the entirety of the British section of International Cuisine in my WaGrubs thread...

Back to the original topic...

I'm still pretty damn jealous about your new kitchen acquisition. Post up some pics once you've used it! :thumbsup2:

I was going to use it tonight but my jeep caught on fire. Made some eggs this morning, did it for the time and temp to do but they came out too runny and we're hard to eat cus it looked like eating loogie

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
Captain90s wrote:

"Spotted Dick"
"Toad in the Hole"
"Pork Faggots"
"Flies Graveyard"
"Bubble and Squeak"
"Marmite"

Im so going into Shari's tonight and asking for some "Spotted Dick"

Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:
Captain90s wrote:

"Spotted Dick"
"Toad in the Hole"
"Pork Faggots"
"Flies Graveyard"
"Bubble and Squeak"
"Marmite"

Im so going into Shari's tonight and asking for some "Spotted Dick"

And they will probably say go look in the mirror thumbsup

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next