Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:47 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 New York Deer Hunting 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good luck Patric and Ed. Will Mason be joining you this year? Either way tell him Hey from the Caveman.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey there Caveman how's it going?
Just sitting in Detroit waiting for the next part if the journey.
My son that moved to Florida went back up to New York last weekend and got a 8 point with his bow. He will be up to go gun hunting next week

My cousin from Pennsylvania will be coming up this Tuesday after he gets out of work and then Ed flies in Thanksgiving night.
Looking forward to this season.
Mason didn't get to go, he has bring his grades up in school.
Tomorrow my son will be dropping four of the guns and my cloths over to my brother's place about 6.15 in the morning.
When I get into Syracuse it will be beer thirty.
I'll bring Mason back hunting next fall if he boost his grades up.
How was your fishing this year?
Sure need to hook up with you next year.

Here is a picture of us fishing Riff Lake when we painted them houses in Mineral.
Nice trip, Thank you
I don't think we were fifty feet from shore, cliff, and the water was just over 200 feet deep.
Last weekend I took Mason and one if his friends out shooting and we took a ride to the top of one if the mountains with steep shear up & down like cliff. Really steep like the one on Riff lake.
I will post deer pictures when we get them.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
Hey there Caveman how's it going?
Just sitting in Detroit waiting for the next part if the journey.
My son that moved to Florida went back up to New York last weekend and got a 8 point with his bow. He will be up to go gun hunting next week

My cousin from Pennsylvania will be coming up this Tuesday after he gets out of work and then Ed flies in Thanksgiving night.
Looking forward to this season.
Mason didn't get to go, he has bring his grades up in school.
Tomorrow my son will be dropping four of the guns and my cloths over to my brother's place about 6.15 in the morning.
When I get into Syracuse it will be beer thirty.
I'll bring Mason back hunting next fall if he boost his grades up.
How was your fishing this year?
Sure need to hook up with you next year.

Here is a picture of us fishing Riff Lake when we painted them houses in Mineral.
Nice trip, Thank you
I don't think we were fifty feet from shore, cliff, and the water was just over 200 feet deep.
Last weekend I took Mason and one if his friends out shooting and we took a ride to the top of one if the mountains with steep shear up & down like cliff. Really steep like the one on Riff lake.
I will post deer pictures when we get them.

That was a great trip, I really enjoyed taking you guys out for a little R&R while y’all were working down my way. I love that place, it’s unique.
Normally I’m fishing that leg at least a dozen times a year and into winter but this year I fished it three times. I did manage to get into the Coho on the Chehalis for about 2 weeks but the early rains sent 10,000 fish to the hatchery. icon_eek

My son too lost out on days afield due to his grades, keep on him, he’ll come around. He’s a good kid.

Looking forward to here and see of your success this year.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We will see how it all plays out. This new property we will be hunting looks promising. Yesterday we met the property owner and worked on the house for the day, we will be meeting up with him again Tuesday morning to get another project done.
The season opens up tomorrow morning.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We went to the gun club and shot six rifles to make sure they were still shooting straight.
Two of them needed a few clicks to get them in the red.
We seen several deer on the way to the gun clubthis
This isn't uploading any pictures

Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday was a real slow day hunting. Today was a lot better seeing deer. Just couldn't get a comfortable shot.
Tuesday night my cousin from Pennsylvania comes in and Thursday evening my friend from Anacortes WA comes it so then things will get geared up.

Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday was a real slow day hunting. Today was a lot better seeing deer. Just couldn't get a comfortable shot.
Tuesday night my cousin from Pennsylvania comes in and Thursday evening my friend from Anacortes WA comes it so then things will get geared up.

Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s why they call it hunting and not killing my friend. Lol it’ll pick up once Ed hits the scene. :bigsmile:

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well things started looking up earlier tjis afternoon. I got a small Der, dressed it off. Took it back to my brother's place and hung it on the meat pole around 2.30pm.
We were on our way over to another place to finish the day up and a year & a half old doe jumped in front of his SUV and did a shit load of damage about an hour ago. There is a rain/hail storm happening and we are still waiting for the state police to come and shoot the deer and make a report.
It's still not letting me completing picture to post.

Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad you weren’t hurt.

Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He was only going about 30 miles an hour, the deer came running out of the brush and ran in front of his suv.

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife’s Subaru killed 2 bucks in two years!!! The first one (a spike) was like you described but the second one was at 60 MPH. Totaled that Impreza. icon_eek

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ed got a nice big doe this morning.

Now most of the people are done hunting we should start get a few more.

Still can not posting pictures.

Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any updates Patric?

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This year was a slow harvest year. Ed got two nice big does, Jim got a nice big doe with a rifle and a nice big doe that ran into his car.
Then I got a smaller doe and a nice big doe.
So only five actually hunting. I generally get five a year.
This year was a lot warmer the the average year plus very little bit of snow and another year of very little amout of acorns off of the oak trees.
We could of shot a lot of really small deer, we let them walk until next year.

I am at the Syracuse New York Airport waiting to fly to Philadelphia Pennsylvania then fly from Philadelphia Pennsylvania to Seattle.
I am bringing back two ice chest of deer meat. One is a little over half full of processed venison Ed had made up.
Venison snack sticks, pickled snack sticks and kielbasa.
I filled it the rest of the way up with venison steaks & ground venison.
The other ice chest is full of venison, steaks, backstraps and ground venison.
After the holidays are over and I get extra cash I will buy a airline ticket for next deer season.
I might go back for two weeks in July to visit with my family and help my son re-roof his house.
This month went by soooooo fast.

Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next