Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Damn Woodpeckers

Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:31 am

Heard them last week but left for a work trip and thought I would deal with it upon return and didn't realize it was nesting holes with mineral wool all over the ground. Don't slack off, because the work is now more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Damn Woodpeckers

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:03 pm

Damn, indeed.

We had one for awhile…he must’ve been really stupid, ‘cause we could hear him going to town on metal.

He gave up after a week…

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:25 pm

Ouch . . . chuckisduck, that sucks. icon_eek

NWGunner wrote:We had one for awhile…he must’ve been really stupid, ‘cause we could hear him going to town on metal.

He gave up after a week…

Maybe you know this already, but that's a northern flicker, a type of woodpecker. They hammer on metal during the spring as a way to attract a mate.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:30 pm

MadPick wrote:Ouch . . . chuckisduck, that sucks. icon_eek

NWGunner wrote:We had one for awhile…he must’ve been really stupid, ‘cause we could hear him going to town on metal.

He gave up after a week…

Maybe you know this already, but that's a northern flicker, a type of woodpecker. They hammer on metal during the spring as a way to attract a mate.

Interesting, I didn’t know that.

Some birds I know about, but not woodpeckers.

Better horny, than stupid, I reckon’ :wink05:

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2:

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:34 pm

Flashback time?
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=63432

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:48 pm

MadPick wrote:Flashback time?
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=63432

Wow, I recall the thread, but not the details.

Glad to see I was equally helpful in that one…

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm

It could be worse....
https://www.facebook.com/reel/293454137135474

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:26 am

MadPick wrote:It could be worse....
https://www.facebook.com/reel/293454137135474

IH it could.

I Cask of Amontilladoed those holes and they stopped coming back. I just hope they didn't lay eggs in it. When we bought the house there was a nest with cooked baby birds where they got into toe soffit vents and hoping they didn't lay eggs in the wall yet.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 am

I remember an older post about it because I remember me posting about loading 12 gauge hulls with wire so they keyhole and not travel very far and rocksalt for up and close so you dont blow holes in your house shooting the birds.
Post a reply