Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Re: OG Woods/Logging

Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:23 am

Pablo wrote:
Old Growth wrote:I dunno yet, I may have turned in my man card today.

I bought an E-Saw!!

What did you get?

It’s a 56V Echo Dcs2500t

It’s the lightest of the “3” and battery life is great and cut speed is very fast to.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:33 am

shaggy wrote:Chevelle's became bloated pigs after '67...

I’m not biased, I love most all of the A-bodies! lol

One of our fleet is a 67
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 am

Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I bought an E-Saw!!

What did you get?

It’s a 56V Echo Dcs2500t

It’s the lightest of the “3” and battery life is great and cut speed is very fast to.

Nice!

I got the 80V Greenworks (because I have 2 of their blowers and whacker). I replaced the bar and chain with Oregon parts when I wore out the stock chain. Works awesome - pretty sure you can do the same with Echo.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:49 am

Pablo wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I bought an E-Saw!!

What did you get?

It’s a 56V Echo Dcs2500t

Nice!

I got the 80V Greenworks (because I have 2 of their blowers and whacker). I replaced the bar and chain with Oregon parts when I wore out the stock chain. Works awesome - pretty sure you can do the same with Echo.

I was comparing Echo, Stihl and Husky since those three offered electric professional quality TOP handle arborist saws.
For our conventional rear handle saws, I’ll stick with gas powered.
It’s amazing how light and fast this little saw is.

I’ll most likely replace the 3/8” chain with a narrow kerf Stihl chain/bar combo.

An electric weed eater sounds very appealing tho. I have a Milwaukee blower and use it a bunch

Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:02 am

Old Growth wrote:

One of our fleet is a 67

I like it, i'm ass deep in a frame off on my l79 m22 loose clone '65 elco, and my '64 elco is sitting in my old garage waiting on an entire drivers side becuse i got t-boned in it. The frame is bent but if it drives too bad i'll just straight axle it, also since my 302 chevy project motor got stolen. I'm tempted to build a GTO-mino out of it including building a nasty 389 tripower.

Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:47 am

Scored some noble fir slabs for free off the Facebook marketplace guy said it’s been down and drying about 5 years. Guy had them milled from a fir he had taken down at his house. 3 slabs are roughly 3 inches thick about 7ft long biggest being 25” wide, the rest are top cuts and I think a mid cut. Can’t wait to send these through the planer and sanders
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:51 am

I'm glad someone posted here cuz I couldn't find it.
Wanted to add this.
368681908_1717692652013119_4341025992498273785_n.jpg

Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:58 am

AR15L wrote:I'm glad someone posted here cuz I couldn't find it.
Wanted to add this.

Yep sadly there’s no such thing as a true 2x4 being sold in big box stores.

Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:36 pm

RadioSquatch wrote:
AR15L wrote:I'm glad someone posted here cuz I couldn't find it.
Wanted to add this.

Yep sadly there’s no such thing as a true 2x4 being sold in big box stores.

The pic Rick posted is misleading.

The pic on the left that is largest is a true "2x4" the middle is a standard nominal 2x4 (1.5x3.5) and the far right is a 5/4" deck board
Last edited by Old Growth on Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:39 pm

RadioSquatch wrote:Scored some noble fir slabs for free off the Facebook marketplace guy said it’s been down and drying about 5 years. Guy had them milled from a fir he had taken down at his house. 3 slabs are roughly 3 inches thick about 7ft long biggest being 25” wide, the rest are top cuts and I think a mid cut. Can’t wait to send these through the planer and sanders

Get that stuff stickered and keep it dry.
Noble will rot fast and easily. It gets punky fast like spruce, hemlock or pine.

The price was right! :thumbsup2:

Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:51 am

The house I'm renovating right now was built in 1928 and has 1-1/2 x 3-1/2" studs

...along with 1-1/2 x 9-1/2" floor joists that span 15' and sag 3"

The tradition of HVAC and plumbers hacking up framing was as true then as it is now

Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:12 pm

Just got revenge on the fir that killed 2 of my neighbors cars..... Split it into 2 cords of firewood for this winter with a borrowed splitter probably have anouther cord(plus some friends took a ton too) left but it'll have to wait until next year.

Basically went until my old clapped out car trailer popped a tire from carrying all the firewood.

Counted the rings 60ish, found a bunch of 16p nails about 30 years in too....

Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:41 am

Old Growth wrote:
RadioSquatch wrote:Scored some noble fir slabs for free off the Facebook marketplace guy said it’s been down and drying about 5 years. Guy had them milled from a fir he had taken down at his house. 3 slabs are roughly 3 inches thick about 7ft long biggest being 25” wide, the rest are top cuts and I think a mid cut. Can’t wait to send these through the planer and sanders

Get that stuff stickered and keep it dry.
Noble will rot fast and easily. It gets punky fast like spruce, hemlock or pine.

The price was right! :thumbsup2:

It’s got stickers it’s already dry as hell I can lift and move the biggest ones pretty easily but they are still solid. Will have to split them in half to run through my 13” planer though, unless I build a router sled and get a flattening bit.

Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:52 am

I love free tools picked this guy up a couple weekends ago :bigsmile: also didn’t know Jc pennys sold tools. Runs super quiet I’m very impressed

Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:54 am

Old Growth wrote:

One of our fleet is a 67

Whoa! That is a left-nutter for sure!
Post a reply