Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Re: What did you DIY today?

Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:47 pm

cmica wrote:mmallek plugs look like they got about 50k on em, usually when I change mine. and damn that filter looks like it never got changed out. sorry to hear its a 4 hr job, my truck can be done in 1.

nice pablo, bet your soar

I could do it quite a bit faster the second time around. I also cleaned every cover and part I took off. The battery terminals were extremely corroded, so I cleaned those while I was at it.

My old 300ZX Twin Turbo had coil packs, but I think everything was accessible without removing the plenum.

I had an RX7 Turbo that had different plugs front to back, and you're basically changing them by feel since you can't really see them.

The Ford Edge was the most involved take apart for just changing plugs. I guess it's the way new cars are built with the thought they won't be changed more than once every 100K miles.

On the plus side, I did get to use one of my gun torque wrenches, since the torque spec was 89 inch pounds for the plenum bolts. I cranked the Wheeler up to 63 inch pounds, then gave each bolt a tiny bit more.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:30 am

mmalleck wrote:On the plus side, I did get to use one of my gun torque wrenches, since the torque spec was 89 inch pounds for the plenum bolts. I cranked the Wheeler up to 63 inch pounds, then gave each bolt a tiny bit more.

Perfectly calibrated! :ROFLMAO:

Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:36 am

MadPick wrote:
mmalleck wrote:On the plus side, I did get to use one of my gun torque wrenches, since the torque spec was 89 inch pounds for the plenum bolts. I cranked the Wheeler up to 63 inch pounds, then gave each bolt a tiny bit more.

Was it a SAE or metric skosh?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:59 am

cmica wrote:nice pablo, bet your soar

Just my wrists are sore. Always my weak points, and I do know how to PT the soreness away, but you think I do the PT regularly!? Ha.

Anyway those little fake bricks are 7.5 pounds, just a lot of them. The 3/4" drain rock, hauled in different ways. One day my neighbor with a little dumper ATV hauled some loads, but mostly I tow my dumper wagon with my Gravely ZT.

The worst are the 16"x24" pavers for the path to the garden heavy and hard to grip right.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:52 pm

RocketScott wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Was it a SAE or metric skosh?

At my age, it was until my wrist popped. :bigsmile:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 pm

Finished up another leather project. Same design, except I added an external card slot. If I can finish one more, maybe I'll give them as Easter gifts instead of Christmas.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 pm

That looks really well done! :bow:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 pm

Very nice. Bees!

More rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 pm

The landscaping is looking great. Lots of sweat labor!

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 pm

I made this
castle1.jpg

No that's a lie, actually it looked like this. built 15 of them today woohoo
clammies.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:12 am

CQBgopher wrote:I made this
castle1.jpg

clammies.jpg

get any clams CQB?
Last edited by Traut on Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:27 pm

Well, it's not much but since our bushy-tailed little friends have decide they like the view from the top of our wrought-iron porch railings I decided to surprise them with some wider rails made of wooden planks for more comfortable roosting.

Yes, I said that in plural - we just had another one move in, and from the look of her she's either late-stage pregnant with quads or recently pupped. Little smarter than our buddy Lefty, too, beat 3 out of the 4 sections on the puzzle board on her first try.

EDIT: Update - no visit from Lefty so far, but the new girl climbed up to the new top-rail and seemed to like it.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:03 pm

Not fully today, but over the weekend and into today. I was working on the stroked 351w, (393), project in my shop for my daily driven bronco . Friday i dumped off the block at the machinist, and over the weekend i finished porting the heads(gt4O explorer heads, same casting as 90's cobra mustang), and mic'd everything i could, which i hadn't yet. I'll probably go a little more on the heads the next week or so, since they are the limiting factor here. (windsor heads are all crap, aftermarket alum is better, BUT i want heavy duty iron heads, so i wont have any issues for the next 1/2 million miles)

Also mowed my big ass yard and tilled the garden.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:36 pm

Traut wrote:
CQBgopher wrote:I made this
castle1.jpg

clammies.jpg

get any clams CQB?

Yessir 15, one for each sandcastle!

Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:15 am

Pablo wrote:
cmica wrote:nice pablo, bet your soar

Just my wrists are sore. Always my weak points, and I do know how to PT the soreness away, but you think I do the PT regularly!? Ha.

Anyway those little fake bricks are 7.5 pounds, just a lot of them. The 3/4" drain rock, hauled in different ways. One day my neighbor with a little dumper ATV hauled some loads, but mostly I tow my dumper wagon with my Gravely ZT.

The worst are the 16"x24" pavers for the path to the garden heavy and hard to grip right.

Different motion you are PT with... Good work on the yard, got the same brand of riser covers as myself I think. Did you use anti-weed underlayment under the rocks? I re-did mine 2 years ago when I bought the house and it looks great still (rocks cover the riser).
Post a reply