Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Finished front suspension job on 2008 Ford Fusion. New steering knuckles/wheel bearings, and new front and rear lower control arms/ball joints. As with every front suspension job, it was a bitch. It’s off to wheel alignment tomorrow, and then back to my son.

Nice!

Lucky son :thumbsup2:

Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWRed wrote:
I made it so that it was 1.75" thick with a 2.5" thick edge - that's the size of the "weathered rock" rubber concrete form liner. Ideally you would pour the counters upside down on melamine or something similar to give a glass smooth finish. I've done a couple coffee tables and some small cast concrete pieces that way and it's hassle free as far getting a smooth mostly perfect finish on the top/sides.

I wanted mine to be continuous and poured them in place. The island was 4'x8' ish and would have weighed over 600lbs iirc. Too complicated/heavy to cast upside down. Hardest part was babysitting the concrete all night and trowelling the top smooth every few hrs so it was as close to glass as I could get.

I acid stained them and then never sealed them. I was happy, the wife was happy, the people we sold the house too tore them out and redid the kitchen.

Damn, I think it would be better not knowing that they ripped them out. Reminds me when I redid the flooring and repainting the house. When I finish leveling, I will probably use hardener and LVP and hopefully be done with major improvement for a while.

Do you know of someone who is good at concrete leveling? My return on investment doing this is not like fixing the plumbing, electrical and car work (like saving 1400 for 4 hours of work on the damn audi)

Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:06 pm

Squaring a very old favor for an old wargaming buddy. He wants a model of a B-36 bomber ("six turning and four burning," the largest combat aircraft ever built) for what-if "WWII extends to '47" scenarios. Guess who's been called in to build the damn thing?

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
Squaring a very old favor for an old wargaming buddy. He wants a model of a B-36 bomber ("six turning and four burning," the largest combat aircraft ever built) for what-if "WWII extends to '47" scenarios. Guess who's been called in to build the damn thing?

You will be posting pictures. That's not a request.

:bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will be installing a 120V low profile LED shower light in the place of a larger diameter POS can light. Previous owners put 75W spot light in there and anything remotely non metallic cracked or melted. BIG Mess and dangerous at some point.

Not plug and play, but taking the whole can out will be a major PITA. Hmmmmm...........need metal fab. Hold my coffee.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:58 am

Pablo wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

Yes, I will... WHEN I figure out how to get the damn thing built. If it was MY table there's only ONE B-36 I'd allow, and the entire forward 20% or so of the XB was different from every other airframe built. That one first flew in August '46; the YB-36 and YB-36A both flew in '47 with the "final" nose and cockpit but the A was meant to be destroyed in ground testing and its sole flight was from Fort Worth to the Wright-Patterson test site. None of these three carried the battery of defensive armament that would make for an interesting game... though there's a sick part of me that wants to commit historical heresy, ask "what if the XF-85 Goblin had worked" and deploy a full bomber-box of Peacemakers each having Goblins in all four bays to sweep the skies clean. WWII version of a SHIELD Project Insight Helicarrier?

"See, Herr Hitler, WE can play the Wunderwaffen game too!"

Complication: There is a company that makes XB-36 conversion kits for the 1/72 Monogram and 1/144 Minicraft/Roden kits, but not for the 1/184 Revell/Atlantis that I'm using to approximate 1/200 Wing of Glory WWII minatures.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dad’s garage put new brake pads on both axles of my daughter’s Chevy Tahoe, and new calipers on the front, And changed the oil. Dad’s garage is hoping business slows down soon.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Dad’s garage put new brake pads on both axles of my daughter’s Chevy Tahoe, and new calipers on the front, And changed the oil. Dad’s garage is hoping business slows down soon.

Sounds like a money losing situation for Dad's Garage, although pro bono work is good for karma.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:50 pm

Pablo wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

:bigsmile: :thumbsup2:

For anybody interested in following along, I've started a "Build Along" thread. Be warned, I make "slow burn" look like warp speed; I'm a firm believer that 80 to 90% of a successful project is done in the library before you even go Hands On, so I'm starting with walking everybody through the available references and selecting details to most easily make this kit better than you'd expect for the time it was designed in. I want people to see not just what I'm doing, but how and why, so they can develop their own processes and procedures. :)
https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?36917-Convair-B-36-Peacemaker-from-Atlantis-(1950s-Revell)-kit

We're planning a forum move to a new platform; I'll update this link after it's done.

Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:26 pm

Tonight I put a grill on my grill so I can grill from my grill. Scrap metal offset wood fired smoker with a 9-port rocket stove smoke stack. I basically built this thing to smoke 2 full size pork butts at max cappacity. Does not use much wood due to its small size.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is one badass grill!!!

Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
That is one badass grill!!!

+1 for the LOVE button.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:44 am

Early test-fitting and assessing the space I have to work with motorizing the magnesium monster.

At the top we have the #6 (right outboard) nacelle in side view, the wing on the left (left lower, bottom view) has the #1 (left outboard) in place, the one on the right (right lower, top view) has the areas I think i can safely remove blacked out by Sharpie. The slots on the trailing edge are 6mm wide, about 12mm deep. Penny for scale.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made a leather card holder. I'm thinking this is an advance Christmas present. Two more to make. A lot more work than I anticipated.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nicely done! :thumbsup2:

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next