Switch to full style
Post a reply

Need someone to install akt trigger

Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Like the title says, I need someone to install an akt trigger in my arsenal slr104. Don't want my first foray into gunsmithing to be on my $1100 rifle

Re: Need someone to install akt trigger

Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:45 pm

You can do it....YouTube is your friend. :bigsmile:

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:46 pm

I may be able to help you out, if you are not strapped for time. Bring beer.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 pm

No you don't. Just don't file, bend, dremel or modify the rifle in any way. The trigger is a drop in. Watch YouTube on how to install.

PS. IMHO an $1100 AK should come with a great trigger.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Fuck I did it but I think the hammer broke my thumb

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 pm

The trigger is fine IMO, I just don't like two stage triggers or how they tried to make it one. Plus the akt is $50 and reportedly the best so I thought why not
badclam wrote:No you don't. Just don't file, bend, dremel or modify the rifle in any way. The trigger is a drop in. Watch YouTube on how to install.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 pm

AddyH44 wrote:Fuck I did it but I think the hammer broke my thumb

:ROFLMAO:

This means you did it right. thumbsup

You're also supposed to have a few gouges in your hand from the hammer springs flying loose . . . .

So how does the trigger feel? Did you test safety on, safety off, blah blah blah all the combinations to make super-sure it all works correctly?

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 pm

I may be interested in your old trigger. All I have is a milsurp yugo. I'm sure it is garage.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Yeah it's all tested, works fine. Clone if you wanna come grab it, it's yours

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Sweet man. What did you do with the shovel AK?

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:35 pm

AddyH44 wrote:The trigger is fine IMO, I just don't like two stage triggers or how they tried to make it one. Plus the akt is $50 and reportedly the best so I thought why not
badclam wrote:No you don't. Just don't file, bend, dremel or modify the rifle in any way. The trigger is a drop in. Watch YouTube on how to install.

Second best IMO. Red Star Arms adjustable being the best. That said, I have at least a dozen ALG AKTriggers installed and 3 new ones waiting for homes. I like the Red Star Triggers on my "special"
rifles and pistols.

Also. I almost always have a black spot or 2 growing out on my thumb nail. t's not that I can't do it with out whacking my thumb nail. I'm just always too impatient.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 pm

Seeing how your so concerned about your rifle, I doubt youll want the unwarranted wear the AKT trigger will have. You'll need to file it down some. Id look up how, AKOU goes over this in a lot of their videos.
Post a reply