Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New To This Board. 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FMJ 911 wrote:
Guess what? I got a pile of that 7.62x54R Brass Cased heavy Ball in my closet, KABOOM!

Yes, you WILL get attention when you fire that thing. :thumbsup2:

I've fired a few Mosins, including carbines, at Wades and they always draw some onlookers....

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i will talk to the little lady and see if she is up to it. the next week would be better to tell you the truth as my days off will switch to sunday night and monday night. but i will ask her and let you know

BoxerGirl wrote:
Hey, welcome to the world of guns GunByMySide!! So what do you shoot? And where do you shoot? There is a group of ladies that usually shoot about every month or so in Factoria (men are always welcome also). I try to shoot once a week and usually go to Bellevue or Kenmore depending on if I want to shoot shotgun or rifle/pistol. (I shoot with guys quite a bit and I have never found one that was not 100% supportive! So don't be shy to join the guys from work, etc.)

I would love to go shooting with you. What are you shooting?

Hey Mash Man - - why doesn't your lady shoot? There are two types of ladies - - those that like to shoot and those that don't. If she does not like to shoot - - - bribing her would probably work best. :) If she does like to shoot, buy her a gun and make it her sport! And words of advice - - don't let her buy a .22 until she tries other calibers. A .22 is "easy" but a .45 is fun! If she wants to shoot with ladies, give me a yell and we can all meet up.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BoxerGirl wrote:
Thank you OldKim!

So I propose we meet up for a casual shoot on March 18th (Sunday) 3pm. How about Wade's? I am open to WCA if folks would prefer that. Who is in?

Then maybe we can step it up to an action bay at Renton FisH & Game! That is where the real fun is!!!

I'm available on the 18th if anyone want to shoot at the action bays at Renton F&G. I'm a Renton F&G member and IDPA SO and NRA RSO. Right now the action bays look open on the 18th, I can call tomorrow to verify.

https://www.RisingSunTraining.com
https://www.facebook.com/RisingSunTraining
https://www.instagram.com/rising_sun_training/
"Always be involved To Learn, To Teach, and To Share, what you are passionate about."

Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome aboard! :wavey:

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:36 pm

DMONWAI, you are speaking my language! The action bays sound wonderful! I am also a NRA RSO so can help fill that role also. If an action bay is available on the 18th, let's do that instead of Wades! FMJ911, is that good by you? How about you Mash Man?

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BoxerGirl wrote:
DMONWAI, you are speaking my language! The action bays sound wonderful! I am also a NRA RSO so can help fill that role also. If an action bay is available on the 18th, let's do that instead of Wades! FMJ911, is that good by you? How about you Mash Man?

Sounds good! I didn't call today but I will call tomorrow (Wednesday) to verify the action bays are available. thumbsup

"Always be involved To Learn, To Teach, and To Share, what you are passionate about."

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:19 pm
Profile WWW

I'm a Hard-Wired Rifle shooter anyway, so Action Bays it is! And I finished cleaning the Chinese Carbine today, it's really nice!

Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BoxerGirl wrote:

i shall ask the boss :ballchain: and see what she says

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, the action bays are open on Sunday the 18th!

I just stopped by there to pick up my new badge and checked the calendar and checked with Jay, the Rangemaster.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:22 pm
Profile WWW

Cool! Thanks for checking on the bays! Is 3pm still a good time or would it be better to go earlier? Anytime works for me. And we can just meet at the action bays?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

checked with the boss and as it is looking now it will be a no go for us as she is not feeling all that good. looks like she has just caught what our boys are now getting over :crybaby:

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mash man wrote:
checked with the boss and as it is looking now it will be a no go for us as she is not feeling all that good. looks like she has just caught what our boys are now getting over :crybaby:

:doh1:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BoxerGirl wrote:
Cool! Thanks for checking on the bays! Is 3pm still a good time or would it be better to go earlier? Anytime works for me. And we can just meet at the action bays?

What ever time works for everyone. The earliest we could shoot is 9am, they don't allow any shooting before 9am. I don't have anything planned for the day so I can be there anytime. I'll be there all day Saturday too for the IDPA match, I'll try to save some targets from the match and I have other paper targets I can bring too.

We can meet in the action bays. Non-members of Renton F&G have to pay at the Club House and sign in at the rifle/pistol range, cost is $12.00. Members have to sign in at the rifle/pistol range and at the action bays.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's some "canned info" that I have saved . . . modified slightly for this occasion. :bigsmile:

We'll meet at Renton Fish & Game Club. The range address is 17205 SE 144th St, Renton; below is a map of the range:

Look for a green sign for the range on SE 144th St., and turn off the road at the sign and go down the hill. IMPORTANT: As you get near the bottom of the hill, and as you drive through the range, GO SLOW!! They get very testy about people speeding.

At the bottom of the hill, the road turns left and you'll see the clubhouse and shotgun range on your left.

1) Go into the clubhouse, tell them that you're a non-member and pay the $12 range fee. [If you're a member, skip step 1.]
2) Get back into your car, drive to the rifle range and sign in there. If this is your first time to RFGC, fill out the waiver paperwork. Then sign into the book, and check off "action bays."
3) Get back into your car, and drive back the way you came in . . . the action bays will be on your right. You can park outside the action bays, or drive in.

There is a "no loaded guns" policy at RFGC except at the firing line, so please don't open- or concealed-carry while you're there.

Things to bring:

- Pistol and holster. Mag pouch if you have one. Several magazines, if you have them.
- At least 200 rounds of pistol ammo, maybe more. It's better to take some home than to run out. :bigsmile:
- A baseball cap. (To protect your eyes from falling birdshot. Yes, you read that correctly.)
- Rifles or shotguns, if you want to shoot them in an action bay setting. A lot of folks shoot ARs in the action bays, but bring whatever you like. If you have a tactical-type sling, bring that too.
- Depending on the weather and how wet the ground is, it can be a bit muddy at times. Wear shoes with some tread, and pants that you don't mind getting a little muddy.
- FOOD! You'll get hungry and thirsty at some point, I guarantee it.

And since you'll already be at the range and will have paid the range fee, you can also use the standard shotgun, pistol or rifle ranges if you choose, once you're done at the action bays.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Here's some "canned info" that I have saved . . . modified slightly for this occasion. :bigsmile:

We'll meet at Renton Fish & Game Club. The range address is 17205 SE 144th St, Renton; below is a map of the range:

Look for a green sign for the range on SE 144th St., and turn off the road at the sign and go down the hill. IMPORTANT: As you get near the bottom of the hill, and as you drive through the range, GO SLOW!! They get very testy about people speeding.

At the bottom of the hill, the road turns left and you'll see the clubhouse and shotgun range on your left.

1) Go into the clubhouse, tell them that you're a non-member and pay the $12 range fee. [If you're a member, skip step 1.]
2) Get back into your car, drive to the rifle range and sign in there. If this is your first time to RFGC, fill out the waiver paperwork. Then sign into the book, and check off "action bays."
3) Get back into your car, and drive back the way you came in . . . the action bays will be on your right. You can park outside the action bays, or drive in.

There is a "no loaded guns" policy at RFGC except at the firing line, so please don't open- or concealed-carry while you're there.

Things to bring:

- Pistol and holster. Mag pouch if you have one. Several magazines, if you have them.
- At least 200 rounds of pistol ammo, maybe more. It's better to take some home than to run out. :bigsmile:
- A baseball cap. (To protect your eyes from falling birdshot. Yes, you read that correctly.)
- Rifles or shotguns, if you want to shoot them in an action bay setting. A lot of folks shoot ARs in the action bays, but bring whatever you like. If you have a tactical-type sling, bring that too.
- Depending on the weather and how wet the ground is, it can be a bit muddy at times. Wear shoes with some tread, and pants that you don't mind getting a little muddy.
- FOOD! You'll get hungry and thirsty at some point, I guarantee it.

And since you'll already be at the range and will have paid the range fee, you can also use the standard shotgun, pistol or rifle ranges if you choose, once you're done at the action bays.

Very Cool!!

So are you going to be there too? :bigsmile:

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next