Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Post a reply

Topic's last post button

Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:08 am

There is a teeeeeny tiny box to the right of the name of the last respondent to a thread which, when clicked takes you to the last response to that thread.

Did I mention that box is tiny?

There is also a huge field of unused space in the middle ofthe index page, between the end of the topic title text and the box that contains the aforementioned user's name and the hyperlink to their response.

For the love of Pete, have mercy on us touch screen users, and if possible, please :prettyeyes: increase the size of that little box?

(size is important.)

Re: Topic's last post button

Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:20 pm

jukk0u wrote:There is a teeeeeny tiny box to the right of the name of the last respondent to a thread which, when clicked takes you to the last response to that thread.

It takes you to the first response that you have not yet read.

But yeah, I get your point. Even on my non-touch screen laptop, that little box is pretty small, and pretty important. But this is an IT question, so I'll have to leave it for Dan'l to tell you that we can't change it. :ROFLMAO:

Jim, if you are on a touch screen device, have you tried using mobile style? (Right above the bottom ad banner, click that.) That makes it a lot easier in this respect, you just tap the thread title and boom, you're there.

Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:15 pm

MadPick wrote:
.... But this is an IT question, so I'll have to leave it for Dan'l to tell you that we can't change it. :ROFLMAO:

Okay, I raffed. :wagwoot:

Tried the mobile style. It's...odd. And the first nine posts listed in the general discussion thread and marked as "new posts" were from as far back as 2020.

There's no "new posts" button?

I'll just soldier on until D tells me 'no'.
Last edited by jukk0u on Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:05 pm

jukk0u wrote:There's now "new posts" button?

Tap the magnifying glass in the upper right. Then you can view unread posts, or view new posts, or a few other things.

Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:31 pm

I’ve looked into this before and the way phpBB is written, it’s a pain in the ass, if not impossible.

I’ll look into it again.

One of these days…. WaGuns 2.0 will rise.
Post a reply