Switch to full style
Want / Need a feature added? Have a great idea you would like to share with us? Do so here!
Post a reply

Re: Waguns lagging when I type.....

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Massivedesign wrote:He didn’t specify that it did or didn’t work on the quick reply. Only that the issue he was having was on full reply.

Some people don’t even use the QR. but I need to know if the problem happens regardlesss of the input box.

Ron specified.

Usrifle is the slow kid, he’ll need a few more tries. He’s a little preoccupied with his new pellet smoker.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Ok.. So it looks like it may be an issue with Smilie rendering... Your browser isn't accepting keyboard strokes until all the smilies are loaded.

By chance are any of you having this specific running "incognito mode"?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Massivedesign wrote:Ok.. So it looks like it may be an issue with Smilie rendering... Your browser isn't accepting keyboard strokes until all the smilies are loaded.

By chance are any of you having this specific running "incognito mode"?

Nope, i never go under cover. :bigsmile:

MadPick wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:He didn’t specify that it did or didn’t work on the quick reply. Only that the issue he was having was on full reply.

Some people don’t even use the QR. but I need to know if the problem happens regardlesss of the input box.

Ron specified.

Usrifle is the slow kid, he’ll need a few more tries. He’s a little preoccupied with his new pellet smoker.

Slow Kid? I answered your questions in order. :cussing:

Leave it to an Engineer to ask the wrong questions. :045:

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:05 pm

It is still happening. It doesn't matter what box I use. I'll try the quick reply box after this.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Quick reply box now and it doesn't appear to be glitching!! Yahoo!! So i guess I get normal operation with the QR box and lagging with the standard box.

Ps. Don't know what incognito is BTW.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:14 pm

I've really had zero problems since the changeover. Maybe a very infrequent delay posting, but not complaining.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Pablo wrote:I've really had zero problems since the changeover. Maybe a very infrequent delay posting, but not complaining

Why stop now?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Try using Mozilla Firefox. Chrome performance after the last few updates has been trash

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:07 pm

lunacite wrote:Try using Mozilla Firefox. Chrome performance after the last few updates has been trash

I am using Firefox and a fast machine with a ton of RAM, you are on to something.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:09 pm

I think i have it narrowed down to the smiley menu in the full reply area. Some browsers are not properly caching the images.

I’ll tinker with it next week as soon as I get in front of my real computer.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Massivedesign wrote:I think i have it narrowed down to the smiley menu in the full reply area. Some browsers are not properly caching the images.

I’ll tinker with it next week as soon as I get in front of my real computer.

It's really bad today Dan. Using the quote feature slows it down so bad that I have to type my message and blindly hope it's all okay because the text doesn't pop up for literally like 60 seconds after I've typed it. I guess the Quick Reply is my only option for noew.Hahaha, I'm still waiting for the text to appear its been over a minute. Once it appears I'll post this.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:08 pm

IS ANYBODY ELSE having this issue??

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Nah

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:02 am

I'm having the same issue, standard editor (not quick reply).

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:20 am

It's lagging for me, too. One thing I notice is that Chrome suddenly displays "Not secure" in the URL bar when I click in the text field to type.
Post a reply