Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159
 Good News - Bad News Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad news - A lot of this generation's work ethic is pretty horrible.

Hired a guy for $20 an hour to do some BS around the property. Scheduled to meet @ local watering hole on Saturday @ 1000

His dad gives me a sob story saying his 21 y/o son needs work - his son is a single dad of 2 kids- yadda yadda.

He calls me 15 mins before he's supposed to meet me saying 'I don't want to work today because it's supposed to rain'. I told him it was only supposed to sprinkle for 2 hours and we can take lunch during that time. He changes his story and says he needs some 'him' time... but he promises he'll be good for today, Sunday - 'rain or shine'.... so we reschedule to 0900.

I drive to meet him, and wait there from ~0850 to ~0930. No call. No show. I call him. 'Oh, sorry, I just woke up'.... 'I need to call my dad to see if he can drive me...' I told him since he's local I can drive him, not a big deal... He says he wants to try his dad first and then he's gonna call me back.... 1000 rolls around.. no phone call. I call him back... 'My dad says he wants me to do something with him today, can I do it tomorrow?'.

No.. No you can't.

Dude changed his story multiple times every time I called him. I get him wanting to have some 'alone' time since he just got rid of his kids the night before, for a week, but just be honest. Then the no-call/no show, the changing stories, the whole thing was just too many red flags and I told him it wasn't gonna happen.

Good news: It's not totally bad, as, luckily, I called on my alternate, and he said he could be here in about an hour. He showed up 5 minutes early and puts on his gloves and his coat and asks what needs to be done. I had probably about 4-5 hours of work and he knocked it all out in right at 3 hours. I gave the dude ~$50 tip for just outright busting his ass - not complaining once.. Damn sure nice to be reminded there are good, solid workers out there. No, you can't have his number until I'm done having him work on my stuff.. :bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This generation has gone to shit. My kids may be entitled pieces of shit but their employers can't complain about the work ethic that I instilled.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Been 40% retired for over a year now. Thursday and Friday off. Amazing how one manages to keep busy.

Currently working on a deal that would enable me to be 80% retired by the end of May, and just work one day a week.

The last 20%? One day a week? Those employees better learn that part, and soon.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:15 pm

Good news... Lefty's discovered she really likes being on a more level footing taking peanuts from my hand on the porch rail. Bad news, she's also decided she likes to unload her post-digestion peanut byproduct onto Mumsey's favorite part of the rail too.

I suppose it beats biting and clawing at each other...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159