General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: The civil war has already begun: Change my mind

Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:I'm curious how long it's gonna be before someone drops a molotov from a drone into these 'encampents'.... Cheap Chinese drones won't have serial numbers and are damn near impossible to track. Most operate on 2.4Ghz so can be operated from a mile+ away depending on terrain and antennas... If Wifi you can disable any cell/BT on whatever device you're using and spoof the MAC address, so even if they recover the drone there's no real way of tracing it back to the owner.

This is why FAA has been trying to mandate registration of even kids' RC toys.

Wed May 08, 2024 9:04 pm

Diamondback wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:I'm curious how long it's gonna be before someone drops a molotov from a drone into these 'encampents'.... Cheap Chinese drones won't have serial numbers and are damn near impossible to track. Most operate on 2.4Ghz so can be operated from a mile+ away depending on terrain and antennas... If Wifi you can disable any cell/BT on whatever device you're using and spoof the MAC address, so even if they recover the drone there's no real way of tracing it back to the owner.

LOL.

Yes, no one will ever get a drone unless it's with a background check and registration... :ROFLMAO:

Thu May 09, 2024 11:55 am

Same reason I find it funny how the left goes after semi-autos when more political change will happen at the end of a single bolt action than anything else.

Thu May 09, 2024 1:11 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

LOL.

Yes, no one will ever get a drone unless it's with a background check and registration... :ROFLMAO:

All AliExpress cares about is "does your check clear"... then again, I've seen Glock switches and buglary/shoplifting tools openly advertised there.

And yet they can't make something my gal wants for a cosplay project in her size...
Post a reply