General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: What has pissed you off today?

Wed May 08, 2024 7:39 pm

Condolences for your wife Rick, it’s tough loosing a father.

Wed May 08, 2024 8:40 pm

AR15L wrote:Today hasn't been very good.
The wife's dad died sometime in the night and she got the msg around 9:30 this morning.
Had to buy a round trip ticket to Manila and fill out etravel forms. She leaves early Friday morning for a little over a week.
I never did meet him in person but talked with him online a few times.
She's having a shitty day.

Well that sucks. My wife's mom died this evening. I wasn't sure I was going to post it here, and click and here is your post. Kinda weird. I drove down this AM, just home 30 minutes ago

It sucks, and I don't have any idea how her dad died, but watching my 94 year old MIL today wracked and hacking while not seemingly conscious - erratic pulse, body white then blue, blood oxygen level gone off a cliff - natural death - I tell you and I am no cruel person, but we allow our pets to slip away more easily. I don't say that lightly - it's morally wrong to kill.

Anyway sorry, I guess I am not pissed really, sorry for your wife, traveling can be bad enough........God bless her.

Thu May 09, 2024 4:10 am

Pablo, I'm sorry for your loss. That's rough, watching that happen. I had a similar experience with my mom.

Thu May 09, 2024 4:17 am

MadPick wrote:Pablo, I'm sorry for your loss. That's rough, watching that happen. I had a similar experience with my mom.

Sorry to read that.

No worries. Wife is still sleeping, she was completely drained after the last couple weeks.

Thu May 09, 2024 5:32 am

Condolences to you also, Pablo.

Sat May 11, 2024 9:45 am

Bug bites. I was in the yard doing some mowing for about ten minutes and now have hours of annoyance.
OK let's add my new JK CCX 105 not cycling with all three of my threaded 9 mils.

Sat May 11, 2024 7:17 pm

Sons baseball game today. Too hot for me to me to wear a hat. Now my head is burnt. Not fun

Sat May 11, 2024 8:00 pm

Damn gate latch pin lags pulled out. Tried gorilla glue to fill holes….fail

Need to rebuild part of gate

Sat May 11, 2024 8:43 pm

What are the game regs on crows? I know they're supposed to be very intelligent for birds, and saw one try to attack something in my yard - and am looking for some ideas where if one tries for our squirrel pups I can legally make such a spectacular example of it that its feathered felon friends will caw of in awe and terror long after I've left the neighborhood.

Hmmm... Alka-Seltzer? Used to allegedly provide an explosive cure for problem seagulls...

Sat May 11, 2024 8:45 pm

stompah wrote:Sons baseball game today. Too hot for me to me to wear a hat. Now my head is burnt. Not fun

This is why an old prof used to joke that since his hair became just a memory his morning routine had become SPF45 for shampoo and Turtle Wax conditioner...

Sat May 11, 2024 9:05 pm

Pablo wrote:Damn gate latch pin lags pulled out. Tried gorilla glue to fill holes….fail

Lags are unreliable. If possible use bolts. Nuts and washers/

Sat May 11, 2024 9:19 pm

Diamondback wrote:
stompah wrote:Sons baseball game today. Too hot for me to me to wear a hat. Now my head is burnt. Not fun

This is why an old prof used to joke that since his hair became just a memory his morning routine had become SPF45 for shampoo and Turtle Wax conditioner...

While I don't care that my hair left me I do care that I've lost my natural sun shade.

Sun May 12, 2024 5:20 am

Arisaka wrote:
Pablo wrote:Damn gate latch pin lags pulled out. Tried gorilla glue to fill holes….fail

Lags are unreliable. If possible use bolts. Nuts and washers/

Agree. Especially in shit PT wood.

That's the plan!

Sun May 12, 2024 5:31 am

Condolences to your family Pablo.

Sun May 12, 2024 5:57 am

Caveman Jim wrote:Condolences to your family Pablo.

Thanks, we are OK. Brother in law and sister in law are here at our house now. Our kind neighbor brought over a huge spread of food yesterday. Wow, those people are amazing.

My wife has a few misty moments, but she is pretty stoic
Post a reply