Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Early warning for WA - the Colorado model 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

See the promo at http://rockymountainheist.com/. Really.

Know your enemy.

Synopsis of Rules for Radicals: http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds" - Bob Marley
104th Division Image Timberwolves

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That was interesting. :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I spent my childhood in Colorado, I was visiting with some old friends back in January and they told me how a shit ton of fuckers from California moved there and were trying to turn it into California. WTF? I am afraid we are close to next.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
I spent my childhood in Colorado, I was visiting with some old friends back in January and they told me how a shit ton of fuckers from California moved there and were trying to turn it into California. WTF? I am afraid we are close to next.

It's either California or the East Coast... I was talking with a Californian transplant to Colorado, he said he wished Colorado had some laws like California... I asked what he meant by that. He repilied about banning big grucks from thd left lane. I was still shocked...

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is a scary thought that we could end up like our brothers in CO. Despite WA having been a blue state for some time now (thanks, King County!), we have managed to hold onto most of our rights, especially in the 2A arena. We're still a shall-issue state for CCW, and we don't have any long gun registration (yet). We've even made small victories in the past few years with the legalized use of both suppressors and SBRs. But all that does appear to be threatened now as outside interest groups seek to impose their anti-2A ideology over the will of WA residents. There is no better example than the infusion of Bloomberg's cash into the I-594 campaign. The reason it works is because King County is run by like-minded aristocrats who manipulate the faux intellectuals, nanny-state dependents, and low-information voters into supporting their statist ideology using emotional appeals and carrots on sticks.

The transformation of states from red/purple to blue is the direct result of an electorate that doesn't recognize or understand reality and therefore cannot begin to decide how best to govern themselves. That is why they willingly (but unwittingly) exchange their essential liberties for empty promises of physical and economic security. That is why our state continues to elect idiots like Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell to represent us in the upper chamber of the United States Congress.

I firmly believe that the manifestation of the liberal regressive agenda in public school curricula and policies over the past 3 decades is a major factor in this. Our kids are graduating ill-educated and ill-prepared to make well-informed decisions about economics, politics, morality, or personal responsibility. They have been coddled and insulated from consequences rather than made ready to face the harsh realities of life. They have been indoctrinated to believe that they deserve the same things in life as everyone else, just by virtue of having human DNA and a pulse. They have been taught that America is an unfair nation, and the only way to make amends for the sins of past generations is to go on a modern-day "social justice" crusade - a misguided movement that continues to add to an already-crippling debt and further divides the nation along race, gender, class, and political lines.

Parents who are conscious of these problems have been able to prevent some of these kids' minds from being infected by this regressive cancer on our society, but far too many now-adults have been brainwashed into believing there are no moral absolutes, that government knows best, that rights are really just privileges, and that social issues are a bigger concern than the economy, national security, or a functional government. When huge swaths of low- or ill-informed voters head to the polls, you can count on the outcome of the election to be bad for both individual liberty and American greatness.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:56 am

When you meet a Californian visiting WA, always remember to wish them a good visit, and remind them to go home.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:33 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Guns4Liberty wrote:
It is a scary thought that we could end up like our brothers in CO. Despite WA having been a blue state for some time now (thanks, King County!), we have managed to hold onto most of our rights, especially in the 2A arena. We're still a shall-issue state for CCW, and we don't have any long gun registration (yet). We've even made small victories in the past few years with the legalized use of both suppressors and SBRs. But all that does appear to be threatened now as outside interest groups seek to impose their anti-2A ideology over the will of WA residents. There is no better example than the infusion of Bloomberg's cash into the I-594 campaign. The reason it works is because King County is run by like-minded aristocrats who manipulate the faux intellectuals, nanny-state dependents, and low-information voters into supporting their statist ideology using emotional appeals and carrots on sticks.

The transformation of states from red/purple to blue is the direct result of an electorate that doesn't recognize or understand reality and therefore cannot begin to decide how best to govern themselves. That is why they willingly (but unwittingly) exchange their essential liberties for empty promises of physical and economic security. That is why our state continues to elect idiots like Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell to represent us in the upper chamber of the United States Congress.

I firmly believe that the manifestation of the liberal regressive agenda in public school curricula and policies over the past 3 decades is a major factor in this. Our kids are graduating ill-educated and ill-prepared to make well-informed decisions about economics, politics, morality, or personal responsibility. They have been coddled and insulated from consequences rather than made ready to face the harsh realities of life. They have been indoctrinated to believe that they deserve the same things in life as everyone else, just by virtue of having human DNA and a pulse. They have been taught that America is an unfair nation, and the only way to make amends for the sins of past generations is to go on a modern-day "social justice" crusade - a misguided movement that continues to add to an already-crippling debt and further divides the nation along race, gender, class, and political lines.

Parents who are conscious of these problems have been able to prevent some of these kids' minds from being infected by this regressive cancer on our society, but far too many now-adults have been brainwashed into believing there are no moral absolutes, that government knows best, that rights are really just privileges, and that social issues are a bigger concern than the economy, national security, or a functional government. When huge swaths of low- or ill-informed voters head to the polls, you can count on the outcome of the election to be bad for both individual liberty and American greatness.

Yep, there is great danger that we will end up like CA, CO, etc, and the reason is that firearm owners are associated with the insane rightwing rants such as above, for which, frankly, no one under the age of 40 finds any use...

The best way to kill the guns off is to firmly implant them among the rest of Republican "values" in the eyes of an average voter.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Quote:
That is why they willingly (but unwittingly) exchange their essential liberties for empty promises of physical and economic security.

This little tidbit has been at the front and center of my thoughts...
Why would any one think that by trading the Natural Right of self-defense for promises of future security that they'd end up safer?
And let's go a step further and ask "So? So what IF the electorate ended up safer? Is it better to be less free but have slightly more physical security?"

Arguments that ask We The People to trade any sliver of those essential liberties for a promise of future security should be recognized immediately as shallow thinking.
We -were- the most free people in the world among those who were governed... The Founding Fathers designed a system that put us in charge of ourselves... and they called it a "Great Experiment."

Sadly, it looks like the experiment has a finite life span, as far as the people's interest in personal freedom is concerned. For whatever reason (population density? lack of education? wholesale welfare state that covers some segments of the population from birth to death?) we seem to be moving towards tyranny and away from personal freedoms.

I agree with Soly to a point. Tying personal freedom and the Bill of Rights in with Either of the two big political parties is foolishness.
Thomas Jefferson had a lot to say about how the division of mens' (humans') thoughts dictated their party affiliations and votes, and gave solid advice promoting independent thought.
My belief is in the sanctity of the Bill of Rights. All of them. The 2nd seems to be the most vulnerable right now, and for that reason I am a one-issue voter. It is the ONLY position of a candidate that I will base a decision solely upon, and only look at other topics if there is no clear difference on this, the most valuable of our Natural Rights because it lends us teeth to enforce the rest.

I find Thomas Jefferson to be the wisest of all of our Founding Fathers and often turn to his writings and quotes to be reminded of pithy truths.

Quote:
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Quote:
All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.

Quote:
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.

Quote:
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

solyanik wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Yep, there is great danger that we will end up like CA, CO, etc, and the reason is that firearm owners are associated with the insane rightwing rants such as above, for which, frankly, no one under the age of 40 finds any use...

The best way to kill the guns off is to firmly implant them among the rest of Republican "values" in the eyes of an average voter.
Salient reply as always Soly. So...which of his suppositions were incorrect or particularly "right-wing" in your learned opinion? The overall indoctrination of the children part, or, the part about the self righteous rich liberal whiners all shoving "their" view of things down our throats consistently? The facts do lean in his direction.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
When you meet a Californian visiting WA, always remember to wish them a good visit, and remind them to go home.

Kiss my rosy red ass

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
mancat wrote:

Kiss my rosy red ass

Take it easy . . . you live in Oregon, he wasn't talking about you.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Quote:
That is why they willingly (but unwittingly) exchange their essential liberties for empty promises of physical and economic security.

This little tidbit has been at the front and center of my thoughts...
Why would any one think that by trading the Natural Right of self-defense for promises of future security that they'd end up safer?
And let's go a step further and ask "So? So what IF the electorate ended up safer? Is it better to be less free but have slightly more physical security?"

Arguments that ask We The People to trade any sliver of those essential liberties for a promise of future security should be recognized immediately as shallow thinking.
We -were- the most free people in the world among those who were governed... The Founding Fathers designed a system that put us in charge of ourselves... and they called it a "Great Experiment."

Sadly, it looks like the experiment has a finite life span, as far as the people's interest in personal freedom is concerned. For whatever reason (population density? lack of education? wholesale welfare state that covers some segments of the population from birth to death?) we seem to be moving towards tyranny and away from personal freedoms.

I agree with Soly to a point. Tying personal freedom and the Bill of Rights in with Either of the two big political parties is foolishness.
Thomas Jefferson had a lot to say about how the division of mens' (humans') thoughts dictated their party affiliations and votes, and gave solid advice promoting independent thought.
My belief is in the sanctity of the Bill of Rights. All of them. The 2nd seems to be the most vulnerable right now, and for that reason I am a one-issue voter. It is the ONLY position of a candidate that I will base a decision solely upon, and only look at other topics if there is no clear difference on this, the most valuable of our Natural Rights because it lends us teeth to enforce the rest.

I find Thomas Jefferson to be the wisest of all of our Founding Fathers and often turn to his writings and quotes to be reminded of pithy truths.

Quote:
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Quote:
All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.

Quote:
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.

Quote:
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.

Hey your alive!!!! One hell of a welcome back post too!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
mancat wrote:

Kiss my rosy red ass

why is your ass red?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mancat wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
mancat wrote:

Kiss my rosy red ass

why is your ass red?

Taco Bell is fighting back

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
mancat wrote:

Kiss my rosy red ass

Take it easy . . . you live in Oregon, he wasn't talking about you.

What? Mike, did you move even further south?

Steve, I thought he was tossing a come-on Mancat's way. :bigsmile: Maybe thought he was sending it in PM? hahah

I used to think along the lines of "Get Thee Hence, Enemy of Freedom!" and even considered maybe letting the cities decide for THE CITIES about what they thought 2A rights ought to be... Kind of a compromise.
But a WaGunner (I don't remember which) gave a very short rebuttal to that idea... The Constitution applies to all of the United States, even if it is unequally enforced.

Don't cede an inch to the Controllists.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next