Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:29 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 94  Next
 2017-2018 NFL Trash Talk Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Jonathan Brown wrote:
It's my personal opinion never to trust someone who doesn't like sports of some kind.

your opinion offends me...

It is your right to be offended, and I will defend that right.

You don't even like the Olympics? What about women's beach volleyball?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Social media, almost every single post on my feeds is NEGATIVE about the NFL. .

Just because you follow people with your same views doesn't mean that most of America feels the same. Ya know kinda like Hillary's followers thought she had it in the bag simply because they immersed themselves in her rhetoric.

It's not just my friends, it's ALL OVER on nearly every post for pages and pages and pages. Can't even scroll one page and not see overall very negative press on the NFL.

Many of my friends are long-time NFL fans. Very few or none of them have come out to support their teams, and most I've seen have denounced the actions and said they are done with the NFL. We'll see how long that lasts. But one of my friends for instance is a life-long Steelers fan and by this time every year his FB page is filled with NFL nonsense. He has posted NOTHING about football this year.

For me it was one of my best decisions a decade ago. F'em.

Lots of pictures of 1/2 full stadiums from Sunday are circulating, and then videos of fans destroying apparel and Memes abound... If anyone supports the NFL they are either silent or in a bad minority today.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A418E23

While I can admire your passion, good luck. This movement is doomed to fail. The NFL is just too popular.

And I could get lots of photos of half full stadiums, by waiting until 2 minutes to go with the home team either in the lead, or way behind.

BEWARE "fake news" lol. It's just incorrect and phony. the internet is NOT your friend. Are you really an attorney?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:
Also, if you have cable TV, you are subsidizing this garbage.

You posted your statement using an IP address from Qwest Communications - i.e. CenturyLink. Where do the Seahawks play again?

Interesting point. Let me retort.

Just like my taxes, I have pretty much zero control over internet service providers. They have a near monopoly and my choices are limited. For instance, by analogy, if I want a computer or phone I'm pretty much limited to a few tech companies (MS, Apple, Google) who are all sickening liberal companies but I have no practical (and economically feasible) alternatives. In short, I have no "practical" means of boycotting Qwest (a company I've never liked) without turning to perhaps another company I equally despise.

If you are aware of a reliable ISP in my region (Spanaway) I am open to suggestions. I'd drop Qwest in a heartbeat.

I do have alternatives to the NFL, which is what this thread is about.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
PAPISJEEP wrote:
Better than national fuck league anyday of the week

Wrestling is fucking retarded, it's so white trash. Growing up all the kids that liked wrestling stststuttered or were slow.

Fuck you...I wrestled, have an IQ of 127 and don't stutter.

College wrestling or fake wrestling? College wrestling is a great sport and is highly competitive.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

You posted your statement using an IP address from Qwest Communications - i.e. CenturyLink. Where do the Seahawks play again?

In all fairness to LC, Century Link will not be the sponsor of the stadium after this season. Rumors are Amazon will be buying the naming rights, so then all the Prime subscribing, NFL hating members on here will go into meltdown.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:
If you are aware of a reliable ISP in my region (Spanaway) I am open to suggestions. I'd drop Qwest in a heartbeat.

Frontier FiOS
Xfinity
AT&T
Electric Lightwave

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Frontier FiOS
Xfinity
AT&T
Electric Lightwave

Thank you. I'll look into those. :cheers2:

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Massivedesign wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Ohhhh fuck. I heard that Mic drop all the way over here.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

L_O_G wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

In all fairness to LC, Century Link will not be the sponsor of the stadium after this season. Rumors are Amazon will be buying the naming rights, so then all the Prime subscribing, NFL hating members on here will go into meltdown.

Centurylink paid 150million to have the name till something like 2030...amazon gonna buy that out?

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
leadcounsel wrote:

Centurylink paid 150million to have the name till something like 2030...amazon gonna buy that out?

Never mind, that was Safeco NOT Century Link. :bigsmile:

Damn Dayquil.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:20 pm

I thought Amazon was leaving....

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
I thought Amazon was leaving....

Not soon enough. My Seattle facility is surrounded by nothing but damn Amazon corporate centers.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go Hawks!

And how 'bout them Raiders?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:
Here's a link to the rule book, and I didn't see anything on pages 62 or 63 that pertained to the National Anthem. But if people want to take the time to find it and be informed citizens. I think many of us here pride ourselves on knowing all sides of a situation and are well researched:

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2646/20 ... -rules.pdf

That's all for the game not what people do before the kick off. It's funny though that people think it's the NFL's job to make people stand. IT'S NOT A REQUIREMENT TO STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM......as soon as everyone ignores it, it will go away....

Question for you guys that demand they stand up. If the national anthem is playing and you see someone sitting do you yell at them to stand up? If you do and they tell you to fuck off, do you or do you continue with a soapbox rant?

Yes I will continue my soapbox rant. To the point of making them uncomfortable. You stand because there are Men and Women WHO CAN NOT stand! The same men and women who gave their lives for your right to not stand! That should be ALL the reason you need. If you (not you particularly) don't like it I hope you get cancer.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Baghdadboomstick wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:
Here's a link to the rule book, and I didn't see anything on pages 62 or 63 that pertained to the National Anthem. But if people want to take the time to find it and be informed citizens. I think many of us here pride ourselves on knowing all sides of a situation and are well researched:

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2646/20 ... -rules.pdf

That's all for the game not what people do before the kick off. It's funny though that people think it's the NFL's job to make people stand. IT'S NOT A REQUIREMENT TO STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM......as soon as everyone ignores it, it will go away....

Question for you guys that demand they stand up. If the national anthem is playing and you see someone sitting do you yell at them to stand up? If you do and they tell you to fuck off, do you or do you continue with a soapbox rant?

If you don't like it I hope you get cancer.

Wow, I don't know you, never have met you, but saying something like this to anyone purely based off differentiating opinions on an internet forum speaks volumes about the type of person you truly are at your core.

What a fucked up thing to say.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 94  Next