Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1543, 1544, 1545, 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549 ... 1557  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Louisiana becomes nation's 28th state with constitutional carry law on the books: 'landmark victory'
'Law-abiding citizens should never have to seek government permission to safeguard themselves and their families,' governor says of the NRA-backed law"

How is it that some states are going the right way and the others going off the anti-gun cliff?

Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly, watching the videos of french farmers wreck chaos in France. So much civil unrest and resistance. Makes me wonder how much we could get away with un Olympia if we just did what they are doing in protest of our lack of 2nd Amendment rights.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:56 pm

The keyless fob for my 4runner was acting up quite awhile ago and I just realized the other day that its not working at all now (surprisingly, I don't lock my truck all that much) and it was annoying me.... I had already replaced the (good) battery and it worked for a bit but still hit and miss. I was looking at amazon for replacements and trying to figure out which one was the 'best/least risky' along with the right code choice..... I decided to take the fob apart to see what was going on with it --- battery good - check --- got the circuit board out of the case - looks OK --- put the battery in it and tried the buttons without the case ---- IT WORKS!!! Okay - try to get the board back into the case without breaking it - it was a struggle with uncertainty, but I got it all back together and working! I'm not really sure what was keeping it from working....?...? Case buttons seemed okay - didn't look like the board had any chance of movement in the case - bent the battery contacts a bit to make good contact, but it worked before I did that..... Glad I noticed that they sell just the 'case' for the fob along with a fully operational fob --- was thinking the buttons were effed after 23 years and I had nothing to lose taking it apart. I wish all 'fixes' were that simple.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
The keyless fob for my 4runner was acting up quite awhile ago and I just realized the other day that its not working at all now (surprisingly, I don't lock my truck all that much) and it was annoying me.... I had already replaced the (good) battery and it worked for a bit but still hit and miss. I was looking at amazon for replacements and trying to figure out which one was the 'best/least risky' along with the right code choice..... I decided to take the fob apart to see what was going on with it --- battery good - check --- got the circuit board out of the case - looks OK --- put the battery in it and tried the buttons without the case ---- IT WORKS!!! Okay - try to get the board back into the case without breaking it - it was a struggle with uncertainty, but I got it all back together and working! I'm not really sure what was keeping it from working....?...? Case buttons seemed okay - didn't look like the board had any chance of movement in the case - bent the battery contacts a bit to make good contact, but it worked before I did that..... Glad I noticed that they sell just the 'case' for the fob along with a fully operational fob --- was thinking the buttons were effed after 23 years and I had nothing to lose taking it apart. I wish all 'fixes' were that simple.

Nice. You might have had something stuck under the buttons that came out when you took it apart

I've had either that or the battery clip coming lose from the board a few times. Quick resolder job got it working again

Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A.O. wrote:
Honestly, watching the videos of french farmers wreck chaos in France. So much civil unrest and resistance. Makes me wonder how much we could get away with un Olympia if we just did what they are doing in protest of our lack of 2nd Amendment rights.

I'd gladly pay for a truckload of manure if you guys can find a tractor to spray it all over the capitol

Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
"Louisiana becomes nation's 28th state with constitutional carry law on the books: 'landmark victory'
'Law-abiding citizens should never have to seek government permission to safeguard themselves and their families,' governor says of the NRA-backed law"

How is it that some states are going the right way and the others going off the anti-gun cliff?

Money and power!!! They crave it because we serfs are merely tax cattle and do not deserve individual rights. STFY and pay yer taxes!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Paid off my boat today!!!

Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:

Hey, that will give your wife a few more bucks to spend every month!

Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More fishing gear....ordered a Edge Rod by Gary Loomis and of course I need a new reel for it :thumbsup2: :bigsmile:

Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:

Boat's are never completely paid off

Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:28 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Eform 4 individual filed for suppressor on 2/23. Received approval email this morning approximately 16 days later.

What the heck is going on with ATF eforms? This is crazy!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweet! I wonder if trusts are going as fast. I keep wanting to throw down on a other one, but life keeps preemptively punishing me for thinking about it. Wife just totaled the car, so that Rugged Surge X I was eyeballing just took another backseat.

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
NOW YOU DID IT...

Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:25 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

A.O. wrote:
Sweet! I wonder if trusts are going as fast. I keep wanting to throw down on an other one, but life keeps preemptively punishing me for thinking about it. Wife just totaled the car, so that Rugged Surge X I was eyeballing just took another backseat.

From what I’ve heard it’s only the individual filed eforms that are getting fast approval. I love rugged (have an obsidian and oculus) but I’ve heard mixed reviews on their rifle caliber cans. Have you read reviews on them?

Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:

:thumbsup2:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
A.O. wrote:
Sweet! I wonder if trusts are going as fast. I keep wanting to throw down on an other one, but life keeps preemptively punishing me for thinking about it. Wife just totaled the car, so that Rugged Surge X I was eyeballing just took another backseat.

From what I’ve heard it’s only the individual filed eforms that are getting fast approval. I love rugged (have an obsidian and oculus) but I’ve heard mixed reviews on their rifle caliber cans. Have you read reviews on them?

Not this one as it's just released, but seems the older Surge was a hit. At this point I don't trust Dead Air, and I don't have another company I'm sold on yet. Since 8 have 2 Rugged cans already, I figure I might as well keep it in the family at this point. Though honestly the HUB compatibility is what did it. I really want to Xeno mount my ARs, and they finally made this a rifle can that does.

NOW YOU DID IT...

Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 23344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1543, 1544, 1545, 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549 ... 1557  Next