Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
 Why did you pick your screen name? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
HawkFan wrote:
Derrrr
Cause I'm a Hawk fan!!

Go Hawks!

We are talking about screen names not IQ :rofl9:

Oh my bad. Sorry for the confusion. When I saw your screen name and avatar, I assumed as much since we all know that whiner fans have the IQ of mashed potatoes. ;0P

Go Hawks!

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few years ago, I had a Halloween party to go to, and forgot to design or get a costume until the last second. Several beers and some frantic assembly later, I was Captain90s, a sort of mock super hero. I had a flannel shirt with "90s" on the front, ridiculous pants, and one of those giant cell phones that look like plastic bricks with a big antenna. It wasn't the best costume (was actually downright stupid upon hindsight), but me and my friends got a kick out of it, and I liked the moniker, so I started using it as my online screen name. Most websites that I have a membership on, that's my name.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
A few years ago, I had a Halloween party to go to, and forgot to design or get a costume until the last second. Several beers and some frantic assembly later, I was Captain90s, a sort of mock super hero. I had a flannel shirt with "90s" on the front, ridiculous pants, and one of those giant cell phones that look like plastic bricks with a big antenna. It wasn't the best costume (was actually downright stupid upon hindsight), but me and my friends got a kick out of it, and I liked the moniker, so I started using it as my online screen name. Most websites that I have a membership on, that's my name.

Just FYI. He dresses that way all the time. :peep:

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

Massivedesign wrote:

So you getting in on the WaGuns action, or playing solo?

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can trace most of my heritage to the Slavic and Nordic countries, so I Ford The Fjords.
Great thread topic!

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of the best characters from one of the best shows ever on TV.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was reminded recently of the John Candy character from SCTV. That wasn't where my screen name came from, although it was some funny stuff.
It started out on a license plate frame before the internet because I play saxophones with a local band and enjoy fishing.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Abbreviation.
Rick's ae86

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tripod was taken.

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

my screen name is one of the most underrated villains in Marvel Comics.s

"When a government becomes powerful it is destructive, extravagant and violent; it is an usurer which takes bread from innocent mouths and deprives honorable men of their substance, for votes with which to perpetuate itself."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

SAF, GOA Member

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chose it about 12 years ago when I joined The Firing Line forums.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:31 am

Came up with the name years ago playing shooters at LAN parties. I always thought it was funny to see the computer say "you were killed/defeated by 'whats his name'

The odd spelling is to ensure that it isnt already taken.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:52 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

You'd think it was initials probably, but that is only partially true, and only as a coincidence. They are the initials of a business that I ran for several years as a hobby.

I did a search for an unrelated topic and this old one popped up. It was an interesting read.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My first name is earl, so my screen name comes from "the duke of earl" song

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy thread resuscitation, Batman!!!

I'm a computer programmer by trade and also a gun enthusiast. I'm not all about the pocket protector and thick framed glasses but the name seemed to work.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let's see if I can explain this in pictures. (the concept should be construed as applying to shooting)

(Okay, that last one I threw in there for fun)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next