Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:53 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Damn white people and their racist... *checks notes*... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...hiring practices

Covenant, Affiliate to Pay $700k in Discrimination Settlement

Quote:
Covernant Transport and an affiliate company, both headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, will pay a $700,000 settlement in connection with the Department of Justice’s determination they discriminated against non-U.S. citizen workers when checking their permission to work in the United States.
According to published reports, Covenant disagreed with the department's findings but wanted to avoid costly litigation.
The DOJ investigation found that from January 2020 through at least August 2022, Covenant and Transport routinely discriminated against non-U.S. citizens by requiring lawful permanent residents to show their Permanent Resident Cards (known as green cards) and by requiring other non-U.S. citizens to show documents related to their immigration status.

Fined for hiring illegals or fined if they try not to

How many states will give anyone a drivers licence now?

Last edited by RocketScott on Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
...hiring practices

Covenant, Affiliate to Pay $700k in Discrimination Settlement

Quote:
Covernant Transport and an affiliate company, both headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, will pay a $700,000 settlement in connection with the Department of Justice’s determination they discriminated against non-U.S. citizen workers when checking their permission to work in the United States.
According to published reports, Covenant disagreed with the department's findings but wanted to avoid costly litigation.
The DOJ investigation found that from January 2020 through at least August 2022, Covenant and Transport routinely discriminated against non-U.S. citizens by requiring lawful permanent residents to show their Permanent Resident Cards (known as green cards) and by requiring other non-U.S. citizens to show documents related to their immigration status.

Fined for hiring illegals or fined if they try not to

How many states will give anyone a drovers liscence now?

Holy Fuk.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lunacy

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bit more backstory...

So apparently the minimum you need to show is something as simple as a student ID to 'prove' identity then something else like an SS card to show you can work. Not sure about you guys but my SS card is hand written on parchment. Maybe that's just a Kentucky thing but it seems awefuly easy to forge

Form I-9 Acceptable Documents

Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:57 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

RocketScott wrote:
Bit more backstory...

So apparently the minimum you need to show is something as simple as a student ID to 'prove' identity then something else like an SS card to show you can work. Not sure about you guys but my SS card is hand written on parchment. Maybe that's just a Kentucky thing but it seems awefuly easy to forge

A student ID alone does not meet the minimum. You would need a student ID and a document from column C. The minimum is any one document from column A.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
07/02 NFA Dealer

http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
Bit more backstory...

A student ID alone does not meet the minimum. You would need a student ID and a document from column C. The minimum is any one document from column A.

That's why there's a 'then' between the two requirements. Could have also thrown an 'and' in there for the same effect. Something from column B then/and something from column C. I used 'then' because the form actually puts them in order, do one then the other

By minimum I mean the easiest to get. A passport requires quite a bit more than a student ID to get and would be much harder to forge. A SS card would be much easier to forge too. Mine has no security features that would prevent it from being copied onto card stock with a decent printer

Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

University of Washington Violated Non-Discrimination Policy, Internal Report Finds

https://www.nas.org/blogs/article/unive ... port-finds

“A faculty hiring committee at the University of Washington (UW) “inappropriately considered candidates’ races when determining the order of offers,” provided “disparate opportunities for candidates based on their race,” and ultimately used race as “a substantial factor” in its hiring decision, according to a UW report acquired by the National Association of Scholars.”

https://www.city-journal.org/article/ra ... washington

“A recent internal investigation into faculty hiring at the University of Washington reveals the exhaustive efforts that universities make to discriminate against white job applicants. After the university’s Department of Psychology identified a white candidate as best qualified for a tenure-track professor position in early 2023, the department’s Diversity Advisory Committee pressured the hiring committee to re-rank candidates in accordance with the methodology laid out in an internal handbook titled “Promising Practices for Increasing Equity in Faculty Searches” so that a black woman would receive the job instead. This handbook, obtained by the National Association of Scholars, spells out how to exclude candidates of undesirable races and ensure that candidates of preferred races get hired.

The handbook sheds light on past discriminatory hiring practices in the psychology department. In the 2020–21 academic year, the department hired only BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color) candidates for five tenure-track positions. Delighted by its success in excluding all white candidates, the department’s Diversity Advisory Committee commissioned the “Promising Practices” handbook as a case study documenting its past manipulation of the hiring process. The handbook served as a how-to manual in the 2022–2023 academic year, ensuring that a BIPOC candidate would be hired for the department’s only tenure-track professorship that year.

First, the handbook advises recruiters to “prepare for success” by developing a strategy for how to hire based on race. To guarantee nonwhite candidates, recruiters should reach out directly to underrepresented minority (URM) candidates. The department’s search committee “sent over 100 personal emails, primarily to URM researchers.” The handbook carefully ranks favored minority groups, specifically “Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, or American Indian/Indigenous,” above less preferred ones, specifically “Asian American or Middle Eastern American.”

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
University of Washington Violated Non-Discrimination Policy, Internal Report Finds

https://www.nas.org/blogs/article/unive ... port-finds

“A faculty hiring committee at the University of Washington (UW) “inappropriately considered candidates’ races when determining the order of offers,” provided “disparate opportunities for candidates based on their race,” and ultimately used race as “a substantial factor” in its hiring decision, according to a UW report acquired by the National Association of Scholars.”

https://www.city-journal.org/article/ra ... washington

“A recent internal investigation into faculty hiring at the University of Washington reveals the exhaustive efforts that universities make to discriminate against white job applicants. After the university’s Department of Psychology identified a white candidate as best qualified for a tenure-track professor position in early 2023, the department’s Diversity Advisory Committee pressured the hiring committee to re-rank candidates in accordance with the methodology laid out in an internal handbook titled “Promising Practices for Increasing Equity in Faculty Searches” so that a black woman would receive the job instead. This handbook, obtained by the National Association of Scholars, spells out how to exclude candidates of undesirable races and ensure that candidates of preferred races get hired.

The handbook sheds light on past discriminatory hiring practices in the psychology department. In the 2020–21 academic year, the department hired only BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color) candidates for five tenure-track positions. Delighted by its success in excluding all white candidates, the department’s Diversity Advisory Committee commissioned the “Promising Practices” handbook as a case study documenting its past manipulation of the hiring process. The handbook served as a how-to manual in the 2022–2023 academic year, ensuring that a BIPOC candidate would be hired for the department’s only tenure-track professorship that year.

First, the handbook advises recruiters to “prepare for success” by developing a strategy for how to hire based on race. To guarantee nonwhite candidates, recruiters should reach out directly to underrepresented minority (URM) candidates. The department’s search committee “sent over 100 personal emails, primarily to URM researchers.” The handbook carefully ranks favored minority groups, specifically “Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, or American Indian/Indigenous,” above less preferred ones, specifically “Asian American or Middle Eastern American.”

The USA Constitution is an outdated document.

Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...anti-plagiarism

The soft bigotry of low expectations

Harvard only standing by Claudine Gay as too scared to ‘fire its first black president,’ claims professor she’s accused of plagiarizing
Quote:
Harvard Corporation’s decision to stand by the embattled president “is very demeaning to every person, not just racial and ethnic minorities, but anyone who has worked in school, who’s written papers, who’s tried to follow the guidelines,” she complained.

Swain suggested Gay is “getting a free pass” because she was the product of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, echoing claims made by hedge fund billionaire Bill Ackman.

“Obviously, the Harvard Corporation did not have the courage to fire its first black president, someone who should never have been elevated in the first place,” said Swain, who is also black.

But hey, academic integrity is already racialized. It's only fair that we let black people cheat because all the white and yellow kids are doing it

Let’s Talk About Race and Academic Integrity
Quote:
Collaborating or cheating on exams can adversely impact Black students at schools where they are in the extreme minority. In my book, I studied an engineering school with a less than 5 percent Black student population. As one woman told me about the school of engineering, “There is rampant cheating, which is why [during exams] the white people sit with the white people. And the Asians sit where the Asians sit.” For Black students, who were usually one of few or the only one in their classes, it would be harder to collaborate on tests even if they wanted to. Access to unfair academic advantages that some might consider academically dishonest is shaped by race.

ETA- In case you missed the other news that the Harvard president has been in recently:
3 Contentious Exchanges at the College Antisemitism Hearing
Quote:
Stefanik: So based upon your testimony, you understand that this call for intifada is to commit genocide against the Jewish people in Israel and globally, correct?
Gay: I will say again, that type of hateful speech is personally abhorrent to me.
Stefanik: Do you believe that type of hateful speech is contrary to Harvard’s Code of Conduct or is it allowed at Harvard?
Gay: It is at odds with the values of Harvard.
Stefanik: Can you not say here that it is against the Code of Conduct at Harvard?
Gay: We embrace a commitment to free expression even of views that are objectionable, offensive, hateful — it’s when that speech crosses into conduct that violates our policies against bullying, harassment, intimidation…

Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another xmas party I won't attend.
Boston mayor defends excluding White people from holiday party
Michelle Wu said the invite was sent to White city officials by 'mistake'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/boston-ma ... iday-party

Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:

How white people vote for people like this is mind boggling. How can they condone this?

Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All Democrats are racists. They just have rainbow colored sheets over their heads.

Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But they are racist against themselves... WTF, make it make sense, because it doesn't compute.

Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:31 pm

stompah wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

How white people vote for people like this is mind boggling. How can they condone this?

Indeed... :)

Self-Identified Race Boston, MA Population ( https://bestneighborhood.org/race-in-boston-ma/ )
    White 71.7%
    Hispanic 9.9%
    Black 6.1%
    Asian 8.0%
    Native American 0.1%
    Other 4.2%

Well, in specifically American mix (rather - mix up) of race and marxist class warfare - white liberals believe that only whites can be "racist", while everybody else is just in a holy war with them as systemic racist "oppressors". :D Hence inclusion for thee and exclusion for me... :D White "feminist" (femininity-deniers, anti-woman) females seems disproportionally and especially confused about this, feeling "oppressed" by "toxic masculinity" - judging from photos of left liberal gatherings... :)

So men-half of 72% is 36% and 1/3 of these are democrats too :D

Democracy has its consequences... :) (Well, immigration policy too :) And "whites" have already lost on this count. Democrats planned this for a long time. (And unlike Boston, in Bellevue, WA for example white's share is just 46% :)

Welcome to first Asian mayor of Boston and its BIPOC council member parties - that have been held and nurtured for a dozen of years...:D

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The pinnacle of White Supremacy: God is rayciss.

https://thefederalist.com/2024/02/13/ro ... ntiracism/

"... the single image I use to capture the concept of white supremacy is Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel. God creating man, you know, where God is in a cloud and there’s all these angels and he’s reaching out and he’s touching, I don’t know who that is, David or something [sic], and God is white and David’s white and the angels are white, like that is the perfect convergence of white supremacy, patriarchy, right? … I was raised Catholic, so I saw many images like that as a child. … I don’t think to myself, “Oh, God is white,” but that’s in a lot of ways its power, right? I always belong racially to what is seen, what is depicted as the human ideal."

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next