Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 TCB can kiss his AZ - Rocket's Kentucky thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
RS, you are moderately missed. And you live in a state that is leaning left?

https://www.pulaskifuneralhome.com/obit ... eless-2023

God speed Jimmy. :ROFLMAO:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Burger week starts on Monday

https://www.lexingtonburgerweek.com/
Quote:
Lexington Burger Week will feature $7, one-of-a-kind burgers at participating restaurants across the city! Each restaurant will create a special burger that is not on the regular menu. Participating chefs once again try to create the most unique burgers in town. Enjoy unique burgers at locations in the Lexington area! This is the best week of the year!

Most of the entries are what one would consider a typical burger with unique toppings. One of the pizza places is doing a cheesburger pizza. There are also a few 'dessert burgers'

Then there's this one from the Chevy Chase Inn:

Cheech and Chong Burger
This burger blazes in at a smokey 42% Alc.Vol. The combo of smokey herb whiskey, tomato juice and pickle juice will have you flying high in Lexington’s oldest bar.

For ages 21 and up

833 Euclid Ave.

Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

While you've been drinking your way around Lexington, Scott, another more industrious Kentuckian has been digging up million$ in golden double Eagles from the States' Rights War of Northern Aggression:

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/m ... paign=1646

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stopped by the local surplus shop this morning

Only bought a canteen cup, but added a few things to the 'want to buy' list

Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Stopped by the local surplus shop this morning

Only bought a canteen cup, but added a few things to the 'want to buy' list

M923 is easy to buy....
Attachment:
340542450_586143090172004_8607574973288041496_n.jpg

Huey..ehh.. not so much..

Attachment:
332881001_222331996843566_2434427682121231730_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Scott? Are you selling your house?

Love what you did with the carpets.

https://www.redfin.com/KY/Lexington/172 ... VtYmVyPTU=

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You looking to move here!?

I'd say that's right up your alley

...if you know what I mean

Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
You looking to move here!?

I'd say that's right up your alley

...if you know what I mean

NOTHING goes UP my ally, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I'm footloose and looking to land somewhere. Grew up a few states north and been to KY a few times to visit relatives - all long dead.

What part of Lexington is to be avoided?

London seems nice. College town. 30 minutes away? I briefly searched rifle ranges and got nowhere.

FJB

Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found a house for Steve in your area, Scott.

Notice what's right across the street from the house:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FJB

Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I found a house for Steve in your area, Scott.

Notice what's right across the street from the house:

The church? He needs Jesus! :ROFLMAO:

(Yes, I'm ignoring the cake on a stick)

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
What part of Lexington is to be avoided?

London seems nice. College town. 30 minutes away? I briefly searched rifle ranges and got nowhere.

Used to be anything on the north side of downtown was sketch. Now those damn white people and their racist gentrification have fixed a lot of it up. There are still some pockets that are run down but for the most part it's ok

London is alright in town but you're amongst the hill people. Truckers were getting tires slashed at a truck stop down that way not that long ago. Crazy people

We have some friends north of Somerset and they love it. Larger plots of land keep most of the riffraff away. Most of their neighbors are retired professionals. Close enough to Somerset for amenities and medical care. Lexington is an hour away. After living in the Puget Sound my perspective is different, 'an hour away' is the same as a trip to Seattle from Tacoma. I used to do that all the time

Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a furnished house. They just replaced the 19 y.o. roof.

https://www.redfin.com/KY/Somerset/218- ... /132241290

I see a rifle range up to Junction City... but I'm still looking for ranges and not seeing many atall. Where do you go shooting, Scott? Private land?

(and what's with the color of the rivers?)

FJB

Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

I see a rifle range up to Junction City... but I'm still looking for ranges and not seeing many atall. Where do you go shooting, Scott? Private land?

(and what's with the color of the rivers?)

I actually haven't been shooting outdoors since I got here. Too busy with other things. The indoor range is nearby and not too expensive

Have friends that will let me shoot on their farms. There are some public ranges around too

Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Damn. If I wasn't moving out of the country, I'd jump on this right now.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Damn. If I wasn't moving out of the country, I'd jump on this right now.

Do tell, Jay. Either I missed the announcement or everyone else has been holding their breath about this too. Philippines?
Costa Rica? ......Canada!!?

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next