Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:08 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Good Guy With A Gun Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's very telling at the end of the video where the reporter says the man is wanted for questioning and then says so far no one has been arrested. Interesting how the thought process is.

Please have talk to the guy and he has not been arrested. But it looks like it is going before a grand jury to decide if he should be charged.

https://abc13.com/grand-jury-ella-boule ... /14367737/

I know I would find him not guilty if I were on the jury. But a lot of other people may not think that way.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not only a moral shoot, IMO, but good marksmanship (or maybe just lucky?). Hitting a running target like that, at that distance, isn't exactly something that's easy/natural for most people. I used to tie helium filled balloons to RC cars and have a friend race them across the range in a random manner. Even though I got good at leading the target, when I started I had way more misses than I did hits. I haven't done that in over a decade so I'd probably be shit at it again.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tally Ho Lads!

Vermonter shoots home invader with muzzle-loader, scares off accomplices

Quote:
A Georgia, Vermont resident was interrupted late on Tuesday night as three home intruders tried to break through a locked door. Like many homes in Vermont, the resident inside was a gun owner.

The break-in attempt did not go as planned. The owner, Gordon Richard Sr., 75, used a muzzleloader rifle to shoot one of the three men, causing the other two to flee. He then secured himself inside the home and called the police.

Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Tally Ho Lads!

Vermonter shoots home invader with muzzle-loader, scares off accomplices

Quote:
A Georgia, Vermont resident was interrupted late on Tuesday night as three home intruders tried to break through a locked door. Like many homes in Vermont, the resident inside was a gun owner.

The break-in attempt did not go as planned. The owner, Gordon Richard Sr., 75, used a muzzleloader rifle to shoot one of the three men, causing the other two to flee. He then secured himself inside the home and called the police.

I started with black powder as a wee lad. As I got older, in researching civil war stuff, I realized how much damage the ball did. .52, .58, and even .69 musket ball were fucking horrendous.

All the idiots talking about 2A only covers muskets, and no one needs a 9mm handgun, has no idea how much damage a .58 Minie bullet or .69 ball will do....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, it's a good thing the other two fled, since he probably wasn't going to be shooting again for a while . . . .

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Well, it's a good thing the other two fled, since he probably wasn't going to be shooting again for a while . . . .

3 rounds per minute is considered 'fast'...

Blackpowder revolvers are where it's at - and in a lot of states, aren't even classified as firearms.

It was a running joke in DC because word got out that 'blackpowder guns aint guns'...So you had gangbangers rocking replica 1860 Colt Army blackpowder revolver, that was invariably found either unloaded, or somehow managed to shove random bullets (9mm, .38, etc) into the cylinders.. and everyone decided to up their street cred by spending $100 at Kmart for a blackpowder revolver...

I thought it was hilarious - some of the dudes were rocking flintlock single shot pistols... handle hanging out the top of their pants.... like WTF are you, a pirate? :ROFLMAO:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

Dude's an idiot.

He inserted himself where he need not be. No deadly force was being threatened. He created a crossfire situation. Just. No. Fuck no.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw a news report on that. That dude is a dumbass.

Especially once there were multiple police on the scene just holster amd step a few hundred yards back.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

The deputy seems grateful that he was involved. The reporter and the other deputy that gave commentary were pretty negative about all of it, and I think that was shitty.

Could the guy have handled it better? Maybe, I don't know, I don't know exactly what happened. But I say kudos to him for helping out and not just walking away.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... ng-taylor/
One Tough Grandma: New Mexico Woman Watching Taylor Swift Movie with Grandchild Gives Career Criminal a Painful Lesson When He Breaks into Her Home (AUDIO)

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7