Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:14 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 Election 2024? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Tend to run a check on these sentiments for consistency.

The base has to be onboard first. Those of you against Trump, how many of you are pro-choice and similarly aligned with other non-gun lib issues? Not an accusation or trying to start a fight, this is a simple polling exercise to determine if we have a Kasich type primary pool on this website that will be ignored by the rest of the party come primary time.

I'm pretty black and white on most issues. The ONE I am not is abortion, and so have thusly stayed out of all talk regarding it. I am pro personal Liberty at all times. However abortion isn't that simple. However I am not Christian, so therefore don't fall into so many of the traps and problems with the Republican party pertaining to that.
If not being a decout Christian and staunch pro lifer means I don't get to be in the club, then so be it.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you've aligned yourself on most issues that you care about with Republicans and used them to deliver that for you over the years then you owe a lot of that to the evangelical bloc. Personally I'm not even a part of that BUT I recognize that without them we wouldn't have won the elections that we did.

If you want to ditch them then forget winning any elections and you better plan to spend 20-30 years building a new political party.

This is why the Dobbs decision was always the cost of winning with Republicans. Guess some people got surprised the bill came due. Honestly if there was anytime for that political bomb to go off it was now with the House flipping and stopping legislation.

Give it time, the public will forget about it and get tired of the Dems crying wolf when nothing really changes all that much on abortion given the myriad restrictions most red states already had in place.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:03 pm

JP says it all very well.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:53 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Trump and DeSantis can NOT be on the same ticket.

Unless

They want to forfeit the electoral votes of Florida where they both reside.

I guess its a rule/law.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
1668632374570.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:00 pm

Alpine wrote:
Base disagrees. So when Trump wins the primary will you guys get behind him or not vote?

We don't need the never-Trumper shit from 2016. If he wins the primary you guys have a choice between him and Brandon or even worse, Kamel Toe or Butt-gag.

Why let it get to that point? Just don't vote for Trump in the primaries. Problem solved. Unless you're willing to potentially sacrifice gun rights just so the candidate you prefer gets your vote.

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And when 10s of millions don't choose your "solution?"

Will you commit to voting for Trump if he wins the primary?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:54 pm

DeSantis/

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:54 pm

Alpine wrote:
And when 10s of millions don't choose your "solution?"

Will you commit to voting for Trump if he wins the primary?

Only if you commit to not for voting for trump in the primary.

I rather take my chance on something new than go again with someone that has already proven he can drive away 10's of millions of votes.

Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I have to give up my personal, informed choice for the primary just to get you not to sabotage the general?

At this point I don't see DeSantis or anyone matching Trump's popularity or recognition at large among the nation. Earlier I spelled out specific polls and multiple polling houses I'd accept to reverse that data-driven analysis on different matchups. You show me that and I'll change my primary vote. But I am astounded you won't commit to not sabotaging the general unless people do what you want in the primary. Hell I'd vote for almost anyone over the demonrats. Do you understand what the Dems want to do to your rights?

Be honest, were you one of the people who said Trump couldn't win in 2016 or did you oppose him in the general back then?

Quote:

Quote:

Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:46 pm

So I have to give up my informed choice on the general so you can sabotage the primary?

The point is we don't want someone who matches Trump's popularity. That is what is going to lose him the election. We need someone who is more popular.

Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Simple yes or no answer. If Trump is the official Republican party candidate in 2024 will you vote for him?

Quote:

Quote:

Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:59 pm

Alpine wrote:
Simple yes or no answer. If Trump is the official Republican party candidate in 2024 will you vote for him?

I won't vote for Trump again. And I think there it plenty of time between now and 2024 for all the reasons why to come to light.

It sounds like you will vote for Trump at the primary, despite the results of the midterms, which means you might as well be voting blue at that point.

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So if millions of Republicans in areas not as RINO as Washington choose Trump for the general you're going to vote for the Dems or on a third party candidate to help the Dems? Who will it be, gun banning libertarians or Soylent Green Greens?

If DeSantis wins the primary I'll vote for him in the general. Hell, if between now and the primary he demonstrates to me he polls better with polling houses that got 2016 right then I'll even vote for him in the primary.

Quote:

Quote:

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:47 pm

Good question, a question I suspect a lot of folks will be asking themselves if it comes to that. But hopefully, it won't. There is still alot of time between now and primary, but if it took place today, I don't think Trump would get the nod. Things would have to really turn around for him, but I just don't see him letting the voting fraud and conspiracy and lies go. Guess we just gotta agree to disagree on this one and see how it play out. Still alot of "if this happens" built into our opinions, so whos to say whos right or wrong at this point.

Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next