Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: HB1240 "Assault Weapon" ban & our classifieds

Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:46 pm

flynavylamps wrote:After the AWB was implemented here I'm irritated at how quickly most have just accepted it as "oh well".

What happened to those who shouted "We will not comply"? To the idea that unjust laws should not be followed?

What free people do with their free property is none of the government's business. Exchange your property as you see fit with individuals you judge as upright.

Don't let them scare you into becoming compliant sheep.

Great spirit! :thumbsup2:

What have you done differently?

Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:33 am

flynavylamps wrote:After the AWB was implemented here I'm irritated at how quickly most have just accepted it as "oh well".

What happened to those who shouted "We will not comply"? To the idea that unjust laws should not be followed?

What free people do with their free property is none of the government's business. Exchange your property as you see fit with individuals you judge as upright.

Don't let them scare you into becoming compliant sheep.

I hear you. Some are just being more quiet about it. I will never get rid of my things. And what? They are going to arrest me at the range or driving? At 65 and not even a speeding ticket in 20+ years I would LOVE to be the test case. (I mean that's how liberals do it)

Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:55 am

NWGunner,

If you say what you did out loud, they will use it against you. If you don't say it out loud, it's all speculation.

It's not about what they know...it's about what they can prove.

Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:59 am

NWGunner,

Another thought for you:

Stripped lowers make great Xmas presents & since they don't have any features installed (No threaded barrel, no "high capacity" magazines, no pistol grip), technically you could get something in a free state.

Maybe it's time to visit some friends out of state...just saying.

Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:10 pm

This guy gets it.

Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:08 pm

flynavylamps wrote:NWGunner,

If you say what you did out loud, they will use it against you. If you don't say it out loud, it's all speculation.

It's not about what they know...it's about what they can prove.

Understood, I was more asking “what have you done differently” in regard to your first comment:

After the AWB was implemented here I'm irritated at how quickly most have just accepted it as "oh well".

At first read, it seemed as though you were chastising us here, my bad.

Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:37 pm

We follow laws and work the process. Eventually these bad laws will fall - sadly it might take decades. This is an inherent flaw in our system in which unscrupulous legislators churn out bad laws at a rate the courts can never match.

This is exactly what "a moral and ethical people " means - we wouldn't have such problems if our elected representatives had even a modest deference to morality and ethics.

This is also an intrinsic issue with the materialist philosophy (you know "the science!") - it's absent an underpinning of transcendence and any spiritual aspects. I could go on quite a bit about the logical inconsistency of such a philosophy but the point is obvious.

People that are driven by emotion, use situational logic or otherwise not adherent to basic principles always degenerate into violence and chaos. History is replete with examples.
Post a reply