Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 2023 NFL Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep.

It’s all about “messaging”, as the Dems like to say…

Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Russell Wilson OUT!

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1764 ... gr%5Etweet

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty wild.

Denver preferred to eat an $85 million dollar cap hit, than to keep Wilson around.

$35.4 million this year, and $49.5 million next year.

They’ll get some relief in the amount he signs with a new time for, but most think he’ll sign for the $1.2 million vet minimum, and let Denver eat the rest.

He idolized Sean Payton…I guess for him, what they say is true…you don’t want to meet your heroes…

Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if he were a true man he'd return that unearned $$$

oh that's right he still trying to sell his shit hole here and now in Denver. Guess he knows how to play a different game. get out while ahead

Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry --- completely on RW's side on this one. It's an entertainment business, not the Olympics. The Broncos offered him a contract, he signed it, and when they wanted to change the terms and RW refused, they benched him (statistically a top 15 QB at that time) and have now cut him.

Denver thought they were a QB away from winning it all and clearly were not. They had an average roster when they made the trade, and now have to start fresh and hope to get relevant by the end of the decade with the SB champs and improving Charger and Raider teams in their division.

The only thing RW did wrong was thinking he could be Drew Brees. Drew Brees was a timing passer on teams loaded with great route runners and RW is the exact opposite, a backyard improvisation guy who has always struggled with timing routes (SB 49 *cough*). Baldwin and Lockett are great route runners, but find a video of their spectacular catches and 90% of them are RW chucking it after avoiding a sack or three, not dimes put through three defenders on a timing route.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I respectfully disagree with some of that, HK.

Regardless of whether you think it’s entertainment, or sports, it’s still all performance based.

RW was paid for his past performance, and future expected performance.

He didn’t perform.

Everybody said let Russ cook, turns out, he isn’t a chef.

You mentioned that Denver wasn’t just a QB away, well, you’re in the minority on that. Their defense was top ranked in 2021, and gave up either none, or one, touchdown in 6 games, and gave up one of the lowest average of points per game that season, 17.4 ppg.

You’re right he thought he could be Drew Brees, but the real ugly truth came out.

RW doesn’t go through his progressions. He takes his first read, if it’s not there, he dances a little, then does his “whirling dervish” thing, then scampers, and looks to make a huge play down the field. That’s why it didn’t matter who the Offensive Coordinator was, or what the scheme was, Russ didn’t follow it.

He slowed down over time, the defenses got faster, and the dervish whirled into a pass rusher’s arms. Plus, he was leaving the pocket while he still had time to go to his 2nd or 3rd read.

Even dolts on national broadcasts were mentioning it.

But, he believed his own hype, and wouldn’t really make changes, and that’s when Sean Payton had had enough.

I was reading recently that it was kind of ironic that they didn’t get along, because they were so alike, both prima donnas unwilling to change.

As far as benching last season, they knew they’d had enough of him, and benched him the final 2 games to avoid his contract becoming fully guaranteed due to injury.

They decided $85 million was enough of a hit.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like Russell Wilson is going to the Pittsburgh Steelers on a 1 year, veteran-minimum salary of $1.1 million.

Denver gets to pay him $38 million…

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Looks like Russell Wilson is going to the Pittsburgh Steelers on a 1 year, veteran-minimum salary of $1.1 million.

For the veteran minimum, most teams with a somewhat questionable QB situation would be crazy to not take RW. I think his best days are behind him BUT maybe he catches some magic this year and proves to be a great stopgap. If he continues as the past the team only spent 1 million so no great loss. If nothing else you get a decent backup for the veteran minimum.

Pitt did well with this pickup.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

For the veteran minimum, most teams with a somewhat questionable QB situation would be crazy to not take RW. I think his best days are behind him BUT maybe he catches some magic this year and proves to be a great stopgap. If he continues as the past the team only spent 1 million so no great loss. If nothing else you get a decent backup for the veteran minimum.

Pitt did well with this pickup.

Oh, you’re right, definitely worth it.

They went 10-7 last year with 3 different quarterbacks (Pickett, Rudolph, & Trubisky).

Picket’s lack of mobility proved to be an issue, to a point where he got injured trying, and Rudolph and Trubisky are, well, Rudolph and Trubisky :ROFLMAO: ).

It’ll be interesting to watch.

Pittsburgh plays the Cowboys and Chiefs at home this year, and the Denver Broncos on the road…

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pittsburgh stole him for $1 million.

Even if he has a middling session he's worth more than $1 million.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was pretty much understood that he was going to sign for the vet minimum of a million and stick it to the Broncos, no matter who he signed with.

If he went higher, than it reduces the amount Denver would have to pay him.

It also doesn’t make sense to reduce your new team’s available cap space.

It will be interesting to watch….Pittsburgh has a good core of receivers, a good running back tandem, and a newly hired Offensive Coordinator, Arthur Smith…

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
It was pretty much understood that he was going to sign for the vet minimum of a million and stick it to the Broncos, no matter who he signed with.

It will be interesting to watch….Pittsburgh has a good core of receivers, a good running back tandem, and a newly hired Offensive Coordinator, Arthur Smith…
I get that. Still the stole him. There isn't a better QB out there for $1.2 million. Stole him from other teams looking for a veteran QB.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

stompah wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

I get that. Still the stole him. There isn't a better QB out there for $1.2 million. Stole him from other teams looking for a veteran QB.

Oh, you’re absolutely right about that, 100%.

And he’s better than what they have.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And they wonder why i stopped watching football....

Gayest rule change ever

"Under the new rule, 10 players on the kicking team and at least nine players on the receiving team will line up just five yards apart and won’t begin running until the ball gets back to the returner, meaning players won’t be going full speed when they crash into each other, which caused so many injuries on kickoffs in years past. Of the 22 players on the field, only the kicker and one or two kickoff returners will line up separately from those players who are five yards apart."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... ckoff-rule

Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
And they wonder why i stopped watching football....

Gayest rule change ever

"Under the new rule, 10 players on the kicking team and at least nine players on the receiving team will line up just five yards apart and won’t begin running until the ball gets back to the returner, meaning players won’t be going full speed when they crash into each other, which caused so many injuries on kickoffs in years past. Of the 22 players on the field, only the kicker and one or two kickoff returners will line up separately from those players who are five yards apart."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... ckoff-rule

Ok, maybe not "full speed" but in that short of a distance those guys are still going to hit speeds that'll knock an ecology block senseless. I say keep them reasonably safe for what amounts to a touchback most of the time anyway.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next