Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:10 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Boeing quality strikes again 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
AR15L wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
How many flights did it complete successfully?

It's not how many flights that were successful that counts.
Only the one that wasn't successful is the only one that will be remembered.

I'm just thinking.. how long it took for a door, on a pressurized vessel, with nothing holding it in, to pop.

Sounds more like a success story, to me.

Actually.... in one of my aviation news feeds, it was reported that plane was experiencing pressurization problems prior to the "main event". Because of this Alaska did not allow this plane to go overseas, due to pilots squawking the problem, and no one could find the cause....... Eventually the plane showed everyone where the problem was.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That was talked about much earlier in the thread brother. You are correct though.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now Boeing in talks about reacquiring the Wichita division known as Spirit. They make 737 fuselages.

Wichita division sold to Spirit Feb 2005. Harry Stonecifer resigned in March 2005, and sold his shares. Follow the timing. BA shares were up in from 54/share to 66/share on the selling of Wichita.

Harry knew exactly what he was doing and its called insider trading yet he was NEVER prosecuted.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:25 am

sportsdad60 wrote:
Now Boeing in talks about reacquiring the Wichita division known as Spirit. They make 737 fuselages.

Wichita division sold to Spirit Feb 2005. Harry Stonecifer resigned in March 2005, and sold his shares. Follow the timing. BA shares were up in from 54/share to 66/share on the selling of Wichita.

Harry knew exactly what he was doing and its called insider trading yet he was NEVER prosecuted.

ISTR it was on Harry's watch that McDonnell knowingly and illegally sold high-precision 7-axis CNC mills to the Soviets while the Cold War was still in full swing... sounds like "Aid & Comfort to the Enemy" to me.

I'm just gonna remark once again how from 1916 to the merger, not ONE Heritage Boeing exec was even indicted for a felony, and postmerger we've seen three dozen an counting CONVICTIONS, almost all McDouchebags or new-hires recruited by McDickcheese.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:34 am

I'm surprised no one has posted these....
Not a good week for Boeing.....

DEVELOPING: United Airlines Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Tire Falls Off During Takeoff, Damages Parked Cars
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... fter-tire/

JUST IN: United Airlines Boeing 737 Max 8 Suffers Gear Failure, Crashes Off Runway
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... 8-suffers/

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And the "frozen" rudder on Friday in a 737.

All these things have been going on forever, but now they are "news".

Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:47 pm

JohnMBrowning wrote:

DEVELOPING: United Airlines Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Tire Falls Off During Takeoff, Damages Parked Cars

JUST IN: United Airlines Boeing 737 Max 8 Suffers Gear Failure, Crashes Off Runway

Was it Boeing, or Menasco who made the gear? Or airline maintenance clownshow like that Delta 757 throwing a wheel?

Lots of potential points of failure... let's make sure we have the right target to throw stones AT before we start slinging.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A tire falling off on an older Airplane is a maintenance issue.

The Gear collapse was after the A/P departed the runway into soft grass. The 737 Landing gear (or on any commercial airliner) is not designed to have a MLG roll into soft grass, especially at speed and with the other MLG on the Concrete.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:36 pm

usrifle wrote:

The Gear collapse was after the A/P departed the runway into soft grass. The 737 Landing gear (or on any commercial airliner) is not designed to have a MLG roll into soft grass, especially at speed and with the other MLG on the Concrete.

Thinking the clownshow was in the cockpit, then?

Seriously, local transit agencies have indicators attached to bus lugnuts that indicate when they're properly torqued, why not the airlines?

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I worked for the lazy b for a week
The lack of care is scary

Last edited by Jeffro on Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Air India doesn't seem too concerned...

Air India firms up order with Airbus, Boeing for 470 planes

Quote:
Air India's firm orders include 70 widebody planes, comprising 34 A350-1000s and six A350-900s from
Airbus, and 20 787 Dreamliners and 10 777Xs from Boeing. It also includes 140 Airbus A320neo, 70 Airbus
A321neo and 190 Boeing 737 MAX narrowbody aircraft.

The airline has also signed options to buy an additional 70 planes from Boeing including 50 737 MAXs and
20 787 Dreamliners, the U.S. planemaker said in a separate statement, making this its biggest order in
South Asia.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

1st one..a 22 year old aircraft. 2nd...pilot screwed the pooch

Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Thinking the clownshow was in the cockpit, then?

Seriously, local transit agencies have indicators attached to bus lugnuts that indicate when they're properly torqued, why not the airlines?

it's far more complicated than that.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gwitness wrote:
JohnMBrowning wrote:

1st one..a 22 year old aircraft. 2nd...pilot screwed the pooch

This. :popcorn:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They take airplane safety too serious.... I'd fly a walmart aircraft for 1/2 price, as long as they didnt turn around like pussies if they have something like this.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next