Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:14 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Ferguson's Election, AFT Tyranny, Jury Nullification 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As onerous as jury duty is, it is perhaps becoming increasingly important. Mag bans. Bans on or regulation of private sales.
Citizens murdered for not paying $200 to the crown. More coming...

"“A regrettably large share of our legal experiences operate not in the shadow of the Constitution and its constraints, but rather in the shadow of explicitly unconstitutional rules, actions, and orders. In the time it takes for improper Executive Orders to be reined in, for illicit administrative decisions to be corrected, and for misinterpretations of constitutional power to be overturned, so much of society’s activity is framed by what we might call the not-Constitution — all those acts of government that are deemed illegal only after they have caused enduring harm. A most troubling aspect of government power is its insistence on pushing past constitutional constraints and operating in a blurry legal wilderness of its own creation while forcing Americans to prove that those power grabs lack legitimacy.” ~ J.B. Shurk "

We are the remedy as jurists, as miltiamen; as freemen (and women).

"In his definitive 1803 ruling in the watershed case "Marbury vs. Madison," Chief Justice Marshall instructed us that any unconstitutional enactment must be treated as though it never existed. "

Exercising a citizen's greatest influence over despotic govénance:

"One searches the writings of the founders in vain for the notion that jurors should "decide only the facts and not the law" -- in fact, constitutions of early states like Maryland specifically mention that jurors must be allowed to decide the law as well as the facts of the case."

So much to unpack, the full argument here:

https://www.courageouslion.us/p/are-you ... medium=web

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem is, by and large, juries are made up of people who are too dumb to get out of jury duty.

Very few see it as an integral part of the process.

I went to jury duty a couple years ago.. In the room of 100+ potential jurors, they asked if anyone had any questions. I asked if they would go over jury nullification with potential jurors.... Guess who got uninvited to jury duty?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed May 01, 2024 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you nullified your ability to nullify a jury.

The article was advocating NOT getting out of jury duty...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Wed May 01, 2024 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There have been numerous cases where juries have been told specifically they cannot employ jury nullification i.e. the law itself is not on trial.

I did read the post --- the writer is a good one, though a little disorganized with his thoughts. The modern definition of civic duty (obey all laws/regulations/statutes/rules/stop signs/etc, pay your taxes, don't offend anyone, run and hide from danger) is certainly far different than the historical one.

Thu May 02, 2024 7:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not sure you have to justify your disagreement with the law or your decision when in a jury. "I'm not convinced beyond doubt" should suffice in rendering your jurist's vote.

Sure the judge can say the law isn't to be considered, but that's just bully-pulpit stuff. I have respect for the office but often times contempt fot the little Napoleon under the black dress.

FJB

Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The one time on jury was to hear a case of a homeless person who they where charging with vagrancy and drinking in public. Was able to convince the jurors to convict on one and not the other as I viewed either the pubic spot was his illegal home as a vagrant or that he was not a vagrant but was drinking in public. Just a homeless surfer dude who wasn't a bother to anyone.

I agree with the article, its best to get your voice have weight otherwise the asshole judges push things.

Thu May 02, 2024 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All we do is sit ant fight a war with pedophile, politicians with memes. And words.

When does it kick the fuck off? https://youtu.be/9-BeN24BfXU?si=V5WiHTrFNG5EpiZ4

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 02, 2024 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]