Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Move Over Toyota "Technicles"; UAE Buys Colorados 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The UAE just finished trials on General Motors Defense's new Infantry Squad vehicle.

The ISV is built on a Chevy Colorado chasis and apparently survived a 1250 mi torture test.

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/gm-d ... trials-uae

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, just wow. That thing ain’t gonna stop no bullets, stick with the Hummer. Oh, I get it now, that’s see-through bulletproof doors. Genius to say the least. :ROFLMAO:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:31 am

Caveman Jim wrote:
Wow, just wow. That thing ain’t gonna stop no bullets, stick with the Hummer. Oh, I get it now, that’s see-through bulletproof doors. Genius to say the least. :ROFLMAO:

Budget cuts, gotta avoid the shutdown of the month.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:

There is still a huge role for something like a old style jeep or WLA harley. You arent supposed to fight from a jeep, only get to point a-b reliably and economically, and armor only slows you down and makes you harder to get unstuck on a shitty road.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They had one of those at a place I worked. Seemed interesting, but its exactly as the humvee started out. Lightweight scouting vehicle, lets add thousands of pounds of armor and equipment not designed for it. Surprise, it now sucks, we need a replacement.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most of the time the top military heads out grow their helmets!

Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

There is still a huge role for something like a old style jeep or WLA harley. You arent supposed to fight from a jeep, only get to point a-b reliably and economically, and armor only slows you down and makes you harder to get unstuck on a shitty road.

I don’t know about you but I’d rather not ride in an open jeep in enemy territory, but that’s just me. you want lighter vehicle with better fuel economy? Go for it. Good luck getting to the fight front lines…

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think they need to go more with something like this:
https://www.recoilweb.com/rival-to-the-ballistic-bronco-navistar-sotv-b-65339.html

Purpose built vehicle with armor and stealth in mind, can be either overt or covert setup, but still share the same internal architecture.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:
They had one of those at a place I worked. Seemed interesting, but its exactly as the humvee started out. Lightweight scouting vehicle, lets add thousands of pounds of armor and equipment not designed for it. Surprise, it now sucks, we need a replacement.

CUCV for the win.. :wink05:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

We had TOW missiles mounted on Jeeps when I was in. You are literally in the battle field fighting from them, quicker and more nimble than a Gamma Goat or the early Dodge's or Chevy's.
And a whole helluva lot easier to work on, 2 person engine swap in 30-45 minutes with no more than tools that would fit in your pocket, a tanker bar and a length of chain.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
shaggy wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

We had TOW missiles mounted on Jeeps when I was in. You are literally in the battle field fighting from them, quicker and more nimble than a Gamma Goat or the early Dodge's or Chevy's.
And a whole helluva lot easier to work on, 2 person engine swap in 30-45 minutes with no more than tools that would fit in your pocket, a tanker bar and a length of chain.

You got that right brother, a gamma goat was the most idiotic of all army vehicles. Granted it was 6 WD, articulated and could go almost anywhere it was slow and had no power steering. It was a manly man’s jeep on steroids!!!
I know this from actual experience because the vehicle I was charged to maintain and drive in the motor pool was a gamma goat.
I was not impressed and believe that, even with hearing protection, it was the very start of my hearing problems… Case in point, the driver, me, sat a mere 2 feet in front of a screaming 3 cylinder Detroit diesel engine that was right behind the drivers seat. icon_eek

Attachment:
IMG_1835.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]