Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Wanna become a ham? I'll give you a free radio. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup.

The next 3 site supporting members that get their amateur radio license, with proof it was issued after 03/19, and no, vanity calls and renewals don't count, I will order you a Quansheng UV-K5 (or equivalent if the Quansheng isn't available), and either have it drop-shipped to you via amazon, or you can pick it up locally in the Tacoma area. Brand new.

Offer exists until July 4th or until 3 radios have been claimed. I will be verifying information via callsign and FCC databases.

That gives you a little more than 3 months to study up and get your license.

EDIT: Mods: If you feel this belongs in a different subforum, feel free to move it.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice offer! :thumbsup2:

For those wondering why this instead of a Baofeng UV-5R, my guess is because this radio offers more features, more coverage and better build quality.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a nice offer! Hope folks step up.

I picked up one of those radios (k6) to compare to the Baofeng. It's a pretty sweet little beginner radio, I just have to learn how to use it.

Just to be clear: you want candidates who get a technician license? Or can they get a GMRS license to qualify?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He means Ham, no study or test for GMRS.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great offer

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
That's a nice offer! Hope folks step up.

I picked up one of those radios (k6) to compare to the Baofeng. It's a pretty sweet little beginner radio, I just have to learn how to use it.

Just to be clear: you want candidates who get a technician license? Or can they get a GMRS license to qualify?

Ham license. GMRS is not ham. While GMRS is a great service and meets the needs of a lot of people, I'm not going to reward someone for paying $75 to FedGov.

6 year old's have passed the test, so it's not incredibly difficult.

hamexam.org is a good spot for test exams.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]