Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:14 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Thinking about a new car... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Chevy has over 155K on it and it's time to think about another cage. Looking for small, cheap ( at least by todays prices ), and GOOD mpg. So far I haven't test driven any of them. Also looked at the Ford Focus but they apparently think them little cars are made outta gold...approaching 30 grand for a "small car".
I commute 150 miles a day so good mileage is essential. Any thoughts, opinions or just plain BS from the forum?

Sun May 12, 2013 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Make sure the car has a nine inch cock warmer as standard equipment.

Look at an older turbo diesel. Great fuel economy, long lived cars.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Sun May 12, 2013 2:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please set up your parameters.

$ ~ $$$$$
sedan/wagon
etc.

Sun May 12, 2013 2:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We looked at everything under the sun and decided on a Kia Forte SX which is the higher end model. It has space, I'm 6'1" and can sit comfortably on a long trip in the back seat with the front seat moved all the way to the rear. It is also considered a mid-size, not a "small car".

And it can move if you want it to with 173 hp in the little 4 popper.

We got a deal because the original purchaser was not able to come up with the down so it saved us $6500 and only had 1900 miles on it. We still got the 10 yrs/ 100k warranty and all the extra stuff they toss in. So we paid $12k but they start at just about $18K.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overv ... mid=113977

Sun May 12, 2013 2:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Age...older than dirt. I'm 61, she's 43.
Stick/auto...don't care either way.
2, 3 or 4 door.

Sun May 12, 2013 2:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Mike. Yeah, also wanna check out the Kias and some other stuff. This time I'm really gonna do the homework first instead of just buying the first thing I test drive.
But right now I need to go out to the utility room and put a new rubber band on the damn dryer.

Sun May 12, 2013 2:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO: I did the same thing a week ago....

Good Luck with your search, ours has been a great car and we have a little over 30k on it without a hiccup.

Sun May 12, 2013 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Please set up your parameters.

$ ~ $$$$$
sedan/wagon
etc.

It must cost less than twenty grand. The cheaper the better.

Age, I don't care. Really, I don't. As long as it doesn't have umpty-teen-thousand miles on it. Older car, low odo? Great.

Stick: this is mainly for Wolf, but I would at long last be able to learn to drive stick. Again, don't care.

Sedan/wagon/HUGE GINORMOUS GAS SUCKER: I don't care, BUT it must get good gas mileage. Which eliminates most of the larger stuff out there. We're probably talking a fourbanger of some stripe or another.

Renaissance Woman: I do everything, just not very well. I can shoot (modern/blackpowder), sew, ride (motor/horse), cook, make fire (flint & steel), spin, weld (oxy/acetylene), knit, weave, brew (beer/wine), and bake. I've ground my own grain, made my own cheese, and sewed my own moccasins. Good enuf?

Sun May 12, 2013 2:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prius

:peep:

www.BlackRingTactical.com
(360) 474-5650

Sun May 12, 2013 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I say Toyota of some kind. A lot of Toyotas are more American than some of the Mexican cars like Ford and Chevy.

Sun May 12, 2013 3:36 pm

DSynger wrote:
I say Toyota of some kind. A lot of Toyotas are more American than some of the Mexican cars like Ford and Chevy.

Ya, but my mexican ford was cheaper and works harder than your union made 'murica toyota.
:peep:

:ROFLMAO:

Sun May 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ford fusion or a kia optima hybrid are pretty solid choices. if you don't want a hybrid, go with one of their regular vehicles. they both get great fuel mileage and are pretty solid choices. i plan on getting an optima near the end of the year.

Sun May 12, 2013 4:04 pm

You can get a brand new mazda 3, 4 dr with a 6speed manual that gets 39mpg on the highway for 19k.
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/selectC ... de=BFD1NAP

Sun May 12, 2013 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nw-outlaw, we checked those out also, very nice cars but kind of "tight" getting in and out.

Sun May 12, 2013 4:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you can not go wrong with a bare bones honda civic. The civic Si uses some up some gas...

TDI jetta's look to be a good Gas sipper also rates around high 30's low 40's

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Sun May 12, 2013 5:18 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next