Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Yeah, same that MadPick said. That's a big one.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad everyone is OK.

First decent rain and everyone forgets how to drive. Headlights? What are those? Cars stop quicker in the rain, right?.... So I can follow closer, right?

Hopefully everything gets taken care of quickly and you can get back on the road with a sweet new car.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah everyone here is ok, going in to the Dr tommorow.

Its my brothers car, Was a nice car.

We hit hard, surprisingly no cracked or broken glass, it didn't die after the crash, still ran fine when we had to move it.

Looks like nearly all the damage to the truck was from his car.

No serious injuries as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad there were no serious injuries.

My wife was in the backup behind....

Hope the recovery is seamless and uneventful.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I'm cruising in to Dutch harbor to offload,about 15 miles out doing a nice 10.2 kts,it's getting dark but I have my forward lights on,I se something up ahead and by the time I could tell what it is and try to turn its too late,I took both engines out of gear and coasted for a few minutes,put the engines back in gear and my port engine dies immediately,it's what I thought it was'old fishing gear,nets and lines,I'm just glad it only killed the one engine,so now I went from 10kts down to 7.0kts. Divers are going to have their work cut out for them tomorrow,it's a lot of garbage from what I saw.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scvette wrote:
So I'm cruising in to Dutch harbor to offload,about 15 miles out doing a nice 10.2 kts,it's getting dark but I have my forward lights on,I se something up ahead and by the time I could tell what it is and try to turn its too late,I took both engines out of gear and coasted for a few minutes,put the engines back in gear and my port engine dies immediately,it's what I thought it was'old fishing gear,nets and lines,I'm just glad it only killed the one engine,so now I went from 10kts down to 7.0kts. Divers are going to have their work cut out for them tomorrow,it's a lot of garbage from what I saw.

icon_eek

And I thought that I had big problems . . . nope, not so much.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I seen that trick played while watching the Sea Shepard.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All this shit about Net Neutrality is pissing me off. If they fuck up the internet, I'm gunna be seriously pissed.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

snozzberries wrote:
All this shit about Net Neutrality is pissing me off. If they fuck up the internet, I'm gunna be seriously pissed.

You'll never know.

Everything is about control. The internet is the last bastion of free information exchange and speech.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

You'll never know.

Everything is about control. The internet is the last bastion of free information exchange and speech.

That begs the question......... Would that be enough to spark the revolution?
lol

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

You'll never know.

lol

Hence the 'you'll never know'...

You'll think you're the only one unhappy if you don't see other voices of discontent.

Look at what happens in other countries. Everything is filtered and heavily regulated.

Take off your tin foil hat for a moment.

Purchases can be tracked via credit card, or loyalty programs that required you use a card or a phone number.

Emails, phone calls, text messages, Etc are all tracked by the NSA under the guise of Homeland Security and looking for terrorists.

The US Postal Service scans every piece of mail that goes through their system and takes pictures of it. They also claim that it's an attempt to combat terrorism.

Utility meters are now Wireless and automated. This allows the utility company to view usage on a real-time basis. So, for example, let's say that you take a shower when you wake up every morning at 6 a.m. The aggregate data that is collected by the utility company will show a spike in water usage at 6 a.m.

Think about that. That means that, quite literally, someone, let's say the Gestapo, could be monitoring your usage, and wait for you to get into a shower, before they decide to kick down your door, so that they can take you by surprise. They know that you get up at 6 a.m. to take your shower, they know that you leave at 6:30 to go to your job, they know that you stopped at 7-Eleven for coffee in the morning, they know that you get off at 5:30 or thereabouts every day, Etc.

So, they already have all the mechanisms in place that they need to not only intercept data, but also to prevent it from being transmitted past the point of interception as well.

Now, you have GPS built into your phone, which a lot of people see as a object of individuality and freedom. But again, that information is being shared to Google, which we know has ties to the federal government. Right now, on any Google phone, you can go and see the history of where your phone has been since you received it or clear the history last. I can look on my device and tell you exactly where I was I can look on my device and tell you exactly where I was on November 22nd of 2014. It will show patterns, when I leave for work, where I work, when I leave to go home, where I live, where I shop, when I stop for gas, when I stopped at Safeway to get a beer, Etc. Every aspect of your life is already in the system.

right now, most of those systems are in place in an attempt to sell you something. For example, to Target ads to you. However, it doesn't take much at all to start using the system against you, to quell dissent,etc.

It might sound all tinfoil-hat bulshit, but the reality is these systems are in place. They're just not being used for overtly nefarious purposes..... yet.

Can you imagine? What if Stalin or Hitler had access to the amount of information that our government has on us? If things were to kick off so to speak, I would expect Fort Meade to be a primary target, along with the fusion centers that are in major cities, in addition to data server centers across the country.

But anyway, I digress. The gist is, if you think you have privacy, you don't. When someone goes out and does stupid shit, how fast does it take for Facebook or Google to remove their accounts? Let's say, that some guy gets completely Fed Up, and decides to single-handedly take out a data center in Utah. He posts it up on Facebook right before he goes in.

How long do you think it'll be before Facebook takes down his post? When he says I did it because XYZ and blah blah blah. It's a private platform, they can delete whatever they want. There are no First Amendment issues when it's private. This is how the government gets around the First Amendment. If they want to restrict speech, the government doesn't restrict speech, the company that is allowing the speech Just disallows it. The same goes for data collection. Many people would say that the information that the federal government has on its citizens is in violation of the Fourth Amendment. However, that information is not collected by the government, it's collected by private organizations, private companies, that you agree to give your information to. The federal government just buys the information from those companies. Completely doing a and run around any constitutional limitations.

It's a pretty in-depth conversation to be had, and a very complex one as well. One that is far outside the scope of not only this thread, but of the forum itself.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's what they cut out of my wheel.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Holy shiite.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:13 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like my Christmas lights i just unpacked from last year.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Rix86 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

You'll never know.

lol

Hence the 'you'll never know'...

You'll think you're the only one unhappy if you don't see other voices of discontent.

Look at what happens in other countries. Everything is filtered and heavily regulated.

Take off your tin foil hat for a moment.

Purchases can be tracked via credit card, or loyalty programs that required you use a card or a phone number.

Emails, phone calls, text messages, Etc are all tracked by the NSA under the guise of Homeland Security and looking for terrorists.

The US Postal Service scans every piece of mail that goes through their system and takes pictures of it. They also claim that it's an attempt to combat terrorism.

Utility meters are now Wireless and automated. This allows the utility company to view usage on a real-time basis. So, for example, let's say that you take a shower when you wake up every morning at 6 a.m. The aggregate data that is collected by the utility company will show a spike in water usage at 6 a.m.

Think about that. That means that, quite literally, someone, let's say the Gestapo, could be monitoring your usage, and wait for you to get into a shower, before they decide to kick down your door, so that they can take you by surprise. They know that you get up at 6 a.m. to take your shower, they know that you leave at 6:30 to go to your job, they know that you stopped at 7-Eleven for coffee in the morning, they know that you get off at 5:30 or thereabouts every day, Etc.

So, they already have all the mechanisms in place that they need to not only intercept data, but also to prevent it from being transmitted past the point of interception as well.

Now, you have GPS built into your phone, which a lot of people see as a object of individuality and freedom. But again, that information is being shared to Google, which we know has ties to the federal government. Right now, on any Google phone, you can go and see the history of where your phone has been since you received it or clear the history last. I can look on my device and tell you exactly where I was I can look on my device and tell you exactly where I was on November 22nd of 2014. It will show patterns, when I leave for work, where I work, when I leave to go home, where I live, where I shop, when I stop for gas, when I stopped at Safeway to get a beer, Etc. Every aspect of your life is already in the system.

right now, most of those systems are in place in an attempt to sell you something. For example, to Target ads to you. However, it doesn't take much at all to start using the system against you, to quell dissent,etc.

It might sound all tinfoil-hat bulshit, but the reality is these systems are in place. They're just not being used for overtly nefarious purposes..... yet.

Can you imagine? What if Stalin or Hitler had access to the amount of information that our government has on us? If things were to kick off so to speak, I would expect Fort Meade to be a primary target, along with the fusion centers that are in major cities, in addition to data server centers across the country.

But anyway, I digress. The gist is, if you think you have privacy, you don't. When someone goes out and does stupid shit, how fast does it take for Facebook or Google to remove their accounts? Let's say, that some guy gets completely Fed Up, and decides to single-handedly take out a data center in Utah. He posts it up on Facebook right before he goes in.

How long do you think it'll be before Facebook takes down his post? When he says I did it because XYZ and blah blah blah. It's a private platform, they can delete whatever they want. There are no First Amendment issues when it's private. This is how the government gets around the First Amendment. If they want to restrict speech, the government doesn't restrict speech, the company that is allowing the speech Just disallows it. The same goes for data collection. Many people would say that the information that the federal government has on its citizens is in violation of the Fourth Amendment. However, that information is not collected by the government, it's collected by private organizations, private companies, that you agree to give your information to. The federal government just buys the information from those companies. Completely doing a and run around any constitutional limitations.

It's a pretty in-depth conversation to be had, and a very complex one as well. One that is far outside the scope of not only this thread, but of the forum itself.

While I don't disagree with what 'could' happen.... the gist I got from the news this morning is this....

Its another way for your service provider to up charge you for usage --- plain and simple.
Using netflix? want that to load without buffering? Pay us more...
Hulu? Amazon? Pandora? Same thing.... we'll make a 'special bundle' for you for $XXX per month.
Don't have to pay them for cell usage over wifi ??? Thats gonna change.

Its all about the providers being able to charge (more) piece meal for your data usage instead of one flat fee. Thats the shit of it - tiered pricing and content blocking/throttling if you don't pay THEIR pricing. Think about how much $$$$ Crapcast and Frontier are losing to the likes of netflix/hulu/amazon/youtube while still having to provide the infrastructure FOR THEM.

I'm sure the other stuff is happening too, but like you said, we signed our rights away with the eulas. And.... as we all know... laws don't stop anyone form doing what 'they think is right' whether in the general population or .gov .

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 891, 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897 ... 1908  Next