Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 810, 811, 812, 813, 814, 815, 816 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My standard rely when OC is mentioned is, "It keeps the lions away" the usual answer is "there are no lions here" My reply with a smile "Works don't it"

I Believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies."
William Tyler Page 1917

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
Fucking d-bags in public that wanna suddenly, and loudly bring my carry gun to attention of others. I'd rather face a gun hating democrat, than another goddamned camo shirt wearing, pontificating fat-ass who needs to crack a "snowflake" joke, just so I'll know we're in some kind of social club.

95% of the people around me don't notice I'm open carrying. Why the fuck do you have to drag me into the limelight, you attention whore? I'm glad you too like guns. Perhaps a friendly, quiet word in the parking lot would be better than at the front of the checkout line? Ass

You're open carrying, that kinda makes you a gun ambassador.. for good and bad...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RockHopper wrote:
Fucking d-bags in public that wanna suddenly, and loudly bring my carry gun to attention of others. I'd rather face a gun hating democrat, than another goddamned camo shirt wearing, pontificating fat-ass who needs to crack a "snowflake" joke, just so I'll know we're in some kind of social club.

95% of the people around me don't notice I'm open carrying. Why the fuck do you have to drag me into the limelight, you attention whore? I'm glad you too like guns. Perhaps a friendly, quiet word in the parking lot would be better than at the front of the checkout line? Ass

If you OC, you are inviting comment and attention for the good or bad. Yeah, it's your right to do that, just like it's any Camo wearing fat ass's right to comment about it.

I CC personally, it avoids any comments or attention (and targeting) i don't want.

I commend you for doing it, but that shit comes with the territory.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:55 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

usrifle wrote:
RockHopper wrote:

If you OC, you are inviting comment and attention for the good or bad. Yeah, it's your right to do that, just like it's any Camo wearing fat ass's right to comment about it.

I CC personally, it avoids any comments or attention (and targeting) i don't want.

I commend you for doing it, but that shit comes with the territory.

:yes:

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In ten years of OC I've never had a negative encounter. There will allways be the obnoxious ass holes. Like the guys that do the Iraqi wedding impression in the Capitol rotunda that make us all look bad. How you act, and respond to the dipshits speaks volumes to the people around you. When joe citizen see us taking the high road it shows that not all gun owners are the knuckle draggers that MSM portrays us to be. Part of OCing is educating the public we are the good guys. Kind of like coming out of the closet, that being a gun owner is OK.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
In ten years of OC I've never had a negative encounter. There will allways be the obnoxious ass holes. Like the guys that do the Iraqi wedding impression in the Capitol rotunda that make us all look bad. How you act, and respond to the dipshits speaks volumes to the people around you. When joe citizen see us taking the high road it shows that not all gun owners are the knuckle draggers that MSM portrays us to be. Part of OCing is educating the public we are the good guys. Kind of like coming out of the closet, that being a gun owner is OK.

I agree. I think it is all how you carry yourself and portray yourself. If wearing real tree is a second skin, and #3 is worshipped next to God, and you act like Dale Gribble, and OC, chances are you are going to get some looks and attention even from snowflakes to gun folks alike.

I've seen a few folks try and CC, but print really badly, or they are constantly playing with their shirt and touching their gun to check to see if it is covered, or their gun becomes un CC, and you know they were CC and they don't notice, I will quietly say something to them. It's always been well received and thanked with a good conversation.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Although I don't agree, but how you are dressed is taken in to account. I'm a polo shirt kinda guy (to include waguns polo). Got a positive comment about the shirt (waguns shirt) the other day. Stated my belief, but not obnoxious about it. The camo in your face look is not received as well.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

I've seen a few folks try and CC, but print really badly, or they are constantly playing with their shirt and touching their gun to check to see if it is covered, or their gun becomes un CC, and you know they were CC and they don't notice, I will quietly say something to them. It's always been well received and thanked with a good conversation.

Constantly touching and adjusting? Sounds like a new CC to me. Didn't all of us do that when we were new? :bigsmile:
As far as printing with CC? That's a bad choice of Holster,clothing,weapon or all of the above.

Sometimes if i print i don't give a Shit, but printing is far less noticable than OC.

Again, i have nothing against OC and i commend those that carry that way...but it's not for me beyond being in the Woods.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:47 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

CAR PROWLERS

I HOPE YOU GET A REAL JOB WITH MY TOOLS.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We have been having MAJOR issues with mail theft on my street and the surrounding ones. Finally one of my neighbors caught something on tape and got a description. .

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Smelling my neighbor's bacon cooking as I eat my cut oats.

you'll be asking me for kale recipes soon.

Divided we fall.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
We have been having MAJOR issues with mail theft on my street and the surrounding ones. Finally one of my neighbors caught something on tape and got a description. .

Mail theft has been a problem at my rental house in Riverton Heights near you. I bought some locking mailboxes from Peter Kwon in Seatac (peterkwon.com). He's a city councilman that has put up over 300 locking boxes. None have been compromised as of yet. If you want to get ahold of him then PM me. They are $115 each and are very heavy duty units. Don't pass up this deal if you need one, as these are half the price of inferior models on the net.

Divided we fall.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

lol. I use avocado oil for most of my cooking and just like Dreadi, I like coconut oil for lubing my ladies. :wink05:

Divided we fall.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:26 am

OhShoot! wrote:
Captain90s wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

lol. I use avocado oil for most of my cooking and just like Dreadi, I like coconut oil for lubing my ladies. :wink05:

So I know you are married, so you must be talking about your goats

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 810, 811, 812, 813, 814, 815, 816 ... 1908  Next