Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 831, 832, 833, 834, 835, 836, 837 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Watched 'Pregnant at Sixteen' this morning.
Very depressing.
High school sophomores get knocked up by worthless guys they don't get along with who could never afford to pay child support.
One gal was dumped by her HS boyfriend so chatted for an hour with a stranger from Facebook before getting knocked up.

One thing in common with all of them?
They very rarely have a father in their lives.
Both parties are almost always the product of single mothers.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had to rush my puppy into the Vet this morning. My wife let him out in the back yard after I left for work and about 30 minutes later she sees him swaying back and forth like a drunk, then fell over. She panicked, called me, so I rushed home and took him in.

The Vet was convinced he somehow ate a Cannabis plant, and I told her that if he found one I'm following him around in the yard tonight and harvesting it so I can pay my vet bill. Needless to say she didn't like my attempt at humor. They did a screen on him and found no poisons, cannabis or anything else out of the ordinary. After 5 hours on IV's he finally came around and is somewhat back to normal.

After doing a scour in the yard, I found that the little fuck dug in my garden. At this point were not sure if it was the potato plants, tomato plants, or the pepper plants that he chewed and dug up that made him sick.

$360 later... :angryfire:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Guntrader wrote:
Watched 'Pregnant at Sixteen' this morning.
Very depressing.
High school sophomores get knocked up by worthless guys they don't get along with who could never afford to pay child support.
One gal was dumped by her HS boyfriend so chatted for an hour with a stranger from Facebook before getting knocked up.

One thing in common with all of them?
They very rarely have a father in their lives.
Both parties are almost always the product of single mothers.

Future Demorat voters. Slaves to the welfare state. All part of the plan the Left has for this country. I hear it's working great in Sweden.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:16 pm

L_O_G wrote:
Had to rush my puppy into the Vet this morning. My wife let him out in the back yard after I left for work and about 30 minutes later she sees him swaying back and forth like a drunk, then fell over. She panicked, called me, so I rushed home and took him in.

The Vet was convinced he somehow ate a Cannabis plant, and I told her that if he found one I'm following him around in the yard tonight and harvesting it so I can pay my vet bill. Needless to say she didn't like my attempt at humor. They did a screen on him and found no poisons, cannabis or anything else out of the ordinary. After 5 hours on IV's he finally came around and is somewhat back to normal.

After doing a scour in the yard, I found that the little fuck dug in my garden. At this point were not sure if it was the potato plants, tomato plants, or the pepper plants that he chewed and dug up that made him sick.

Probably the tomato

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:09 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Glad your puppy is OK.

Tomato plants contain alpha-tomatine which can make dogs sick if they eat it, especially the vines and stems.

Vets used to be really cheap as compared to human healthcare, but I think they are catching on.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Value Vet... :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Vet I go to (Priceless Pet clinic) by my place is awesome. I don't mind paying a bit extra to deal with damn good people.

Spoiled bastard.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Kids Mom (great customers BTW) calls this AM early...hey can you look at sons truck its making a noise and he has to go back to school in E- Wa. soon....

Kid shows up @3 today and the motor sounds like its Dreadi's old black Chevrolet but worse.

I say, "If its full of oil then it has a stuck lifter."

He says how much money we looking at....I say well its a LS motor so the heads have to come off and the roller lifters are i'm guessing $35 to 40 a piece...then gaskets and labor.

He says ok. Lets do it....

I say "When you planning to go to school."

AAAAAND here's the punch line.....

He says " Well, I was going to leave about an hour ago but I can push it off till tomorrow morning."

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:27 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

WaJim wrote:
<snip>

He says " Well, I was going to leave about an hour ago but I can push it off till tomorrow morning."

:ROFLMAO:
That should have been in the Joke thread.

Maybe he is a fan of the shows like Road Kill and thinks it takes 45 minutes to teardown, source parts and put 'er back together.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:
<snip>

:ROFLMAO:
That should have been in the Joke thread.

Maybe he is a fan of the shows like Road Kill and thinks it takes 45 minutes to teardown, source parts and put 'er back together.

I have been to the NHRA Nationals and if those guys can fully tear down and rebuild a Motor in a Drag Car in 45 mins you can too.....

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:33 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

WaJim wrote:
Kids Mom (great customers BTW) calls this AM early...hey can you look at sons truck its making a noise and he has to go back to school in E- Wa. soon....

Kid shows up @3 today and the motor sounds like its Dreadi's old black Chevrolet but worse.

He says how much money we looking at....I say well its a LS motor so the heads have to come off and the roller lifters are i'm guessing $35 to 40 a piece...then gaskets and labor.

AHAAHAHAAAHAHHA Ask him if he headgasket is leaking! All he really needs is a good flush and drain, and refill the oil. Use some some Lucas Oil additive to help with the viscous. and before all that, clean the rockers, rods and valve covers and replace the gaskets. Tell him to shoot a bunch of carb cleaner down into those holes toward the lifters while he's in there. I swear he'll get another two years out of it. And most importantly, high octane ethanol free fuel. And don't forget the Gumout Multi System Tune up.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everytime I see this meme I laugh my ass off..............

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still drivin' my Ferd with 320k on the original engine and transmission.

Just sayin'

Off to go knock on wood...

But really, I came in to rant about my boom truck and the hacks that worked on it in the past.

One of the safety features on a crane is an anti 2 block system. A2B keeps the crane from folding itself in half should the hook reach the end of the boom. On my boom truck there are two solenoids that have to be powered up for everything to work, and one went down today. When the A2B kicks in I can't line up or boom out. Of course it happens when I have the boom all the way out, the line 5' off the ground, and lumber being delivered which needs to be moved right away.

I ended up bashing the valve housing enough to maintain pressure on the little poppet inside and tapped it to the closed position. Worked good enough to get what I needed done and the crane put away. I prefer clean, elegant fixes but sometimes a big hammer is the way to go.

Then I get to working on the wiring and figuring out how to fix it. Turns out the genius that worked on it before me wired the power backwards. I'm kind surprised it worked but then I reminded myself about Lucas and positive grounds. Guy must have been British, so he's a wanker and not an idiot, but I digress. The coils didn't care which way the current flowed through them so I'm sure that didn't cause my current problem (pun intended) but it does explain the fire I had a couple winters ago. The power wire grounded out in the oily mess under where the boom rotates and caught fire. Now I know why that wire wasn't protected better, it was meant to be the ground.

Oh, it gets better. I'm trying to track down the parts to fix the damn thing. At least there are part numbers on everything so I should be able to call a few places and track them down right? H to the no. Even with part numbers for the valve, the solenoid, as well as the combined assembly nobody can find the parts. It's all Vickers which was bought by Eaton and the distributors don't have any sort of cross reference chart to figure this out. The only part of this that made my day is that I got the computer and internet in my shop up and running. It took a while but I think I have usable part numbers to call back with tomorrow. Apparently the numbers I was giving them today were 'model codes', not part numbers.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

Might familiarize yourself with plants and veggies and stuff that is toxic to dogs. Yes, potato skins are. Also, onions, garlic, avocado, grapes, chocolate, etc.

My nefarious brain also includes asshole neighbor kids with poisoned meat balls.

Awhile back up in your area someone was throwing poisoned meatballs into peoples yards with dogs. Keep an eye on your mutt when he's outside. Especially a young one.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 831, 832, 833, 834, 835, 836, 837 ... 1909  Next