Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Just finished our road trip leg from Cali to WA last night and relaxing this morning in DuPont. Sacramento was 113 degrees on Sunday afternoon when we came down from Lake Tahoe and almost 110 degrees when we drove through Woodland on Wednesday afternoon. Relaxing and enjoying some nice cool weather and good to be back in the old digs. Nice to be in weather that doesn't entail 80% humidity and three to four months of over 90 degree temperatures.

Looking forward to knocking back a few brews at the Topside in Steilacoom and also maybe shooting a few rounds at the new Welchers indoor range in Lakewood.

Am I alone to think "Thank GOD" I live in Western WA state whenever we return from hot hellholes like CA, AZ, NM?

Supposed to get really hot here, by sunday...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Just finished our road trip leg from Cali to WA last night and relaxing this morning in DuPont. Sacramento was 113 degrees on Sunday afternoon when we came down from Lake Tahoe and almost 110 degrees when we drove through Woodland on Wednesday afternoon. Relaxing and enjoying some nice cool weather and good to be back in the old digs. Nice to be in weather that doesn't entail 80% humidity and three to four months of over 90 degree temperatures.

Looking forward to knocking back a few brews at the Topside in Steilacoom and also maybe shooting a few rounds at the new Welchers indoor range in Lakewood.

Am I alone to think "Thank GOD" I live in Western WA state whenever we return from hot hellholes like CA, AZ, NM?

I really enjoyed living in Western Washington. The summers are the best of any in North America and I got used to the winter rains eventually. I would say you are pretty lucky here even with the occasional heat wave..

Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

92 outside, 72 inside :thumbsup2:

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sold my BMW Z3M Roadster today. Happy to get the garage space and cash, sad to see a fun car to drive go away. Kids were bummed too.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
Sold my BMW Z3M Roadster today. Happy to get the garage space and cash, sad to see a fun car to drive go away. Kids were bummed too.

I would give my left nut for a Z3 M Coupe. Sexy shoe.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Wetpaperbag wrote:

I would give my left nut for a Z3 M Coupe. Sexy shoe.

I only took cash, not left nuts.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:51 pm

I've been trying to take a short walk every day, and my kid is home for the summer, so I was going to ask if she wanted to walk to Starbucks with me. Not only did she beat me to suggesting we go - she offered to treat me to one of the new frappuccino flavors. And then when I didn't like it, the baristas were very friendly about making me something else and agreed with not liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not all of us Subaru owners are mild mannered snowflakes:
http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/a ... Newsletter
"An ordinary Kent traffic jam became an internet moment Tuesday when a Jeep driver’s sneak along the shoulder drew a battering-ram response from a get-back-in-line Subaru driver."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:08 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My BIL was shop foreman at a large Subaru stealership.
Says it's not uncommon for large aggressive women to drive Subaru's.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Starting to think of the drive back home to Texas, 'the outdoor sauna' state. Turns out friends in Hood River are in the UK so now thinking to drive I-90 east instead through Couer d'Alene, Missoula, and Jackson before heading south to the Denver area to see my older brother for a short visit.

Have never seen Northern Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming before and pretty stoked about the idea of driving through the Northern Rockies. Particularly have always wanted to see the Grand Teton and the Wind River Ranges.

Road trips in the Western US are bomb. Beautiful scenery and uncrowded, wide open roads. Looking forward to it.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not today but the last couple of days.
Wednesday through Sat. spent time in Twin Falls/Jerome Idaho with my brother & his wife.
Even during rush hour it was more pleasant driving than at 3am here in the Puget sound area.
I had young kids hold the door open for me at various places.
Friendly people everywhere. It didn't take long to forget about this shit hole I live in here.

I need to move. <sigh>

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Not all of us Subaru owners are mild mannered snowflakes:
http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/a ... Newsletter
"An ordinary Kent traffic jam became an internet moment Tuesday when a Jeep driver’s sneak along the shoulder drew a battering-ram response from a get-back-in-line Subaru driver."

My my, people are so amazingly stupid.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Central AC. We installed a new furnace and heat pump at the house we bought last fall. Never got a chance to test out the AC until this weekend. Gone are the days of lugging in loud portable AC units. Only thing I need to do now is close off some lower floor vents to increase upstairs cooling and the house is perfect.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Central AC. We installed a new furnace and heat pump at the house we bought last fall. Never got a chance to test out the AC until this weekend. Gone are the days of lugging in loud portable AC units. Only thing I need to do now is close off some lower floor vents to increase upstairs cooling and the house is perfect.

I read that as major reloading session invite at your house, for those of us dying from heat exhaustion....

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:48 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Received a major boost on a big project on Saturday. Good company, good food, icy cold beverages, lots of brotherly harassment. Started early, stayed late... Sometimes all it takes is one kick in the hiney to get the momentum again.

Of course we picked the day that it topped 100F, although we didn't know that at the time.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 609, 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 615 ... 1549  Next