Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699, 700 ... 1549  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Found my 8mm deep snap-on 1/4 drive socket.

Clunking around in the clothes dryer.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:28 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sportsdad60 wrote:
I really enjoyed Deadwood.

Great show.
Back in the prime time of HBO series.
Had to pull the plug................
Fire happened in Deadwood soon after if you sorta stick to the real time table, and period shows cost so much more to film.

Similar thing happened to the series Rome.
Cost way too much to produce (period sets and extras) and had a decade or two to skip over until Augustus Caesar (Octavian) really came to power.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Mega corp client just informed me that most of the money they owe me is on the way.
Rest will be delivered as soon as the PO#'s are taken care of.
Paper SNAFU involving an over complicated AP/Purchasing system.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
I really enjoyed Deadwood.

Great show.
Back in the prime time of HBO series.
Had to pull the plug................
Fire happened in Deadwood soon after if you sorta stick to the real time table, and period shows cost so much more to film.

Similar thing happened to the series Rome.
Cost way too much to produce (period sets and extras) and had a decade or two to skip over until Augustus Caesar (Octavian) really came to power.

Deadwood is a great show. I bought the set. I had high hopes they would at least give it a better ending with another episode. Swearingen is one of TV's best characters. Ever.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:32 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Deadwood was supposed to go for a bit longer but the money people pulled the plug and the writers had to catch up and create an ending.

The real Al Swearengen was 10X as bad as the character Ian McShane portrayed (excellently).

The show was accurate enough that when I saw the History Channel documentary of Deadwood I already knew who most of the characters were just by their pictures.

Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Couple things:
Just learned there's a new season of Longmire available on Netflix :bigsmile: I see some binge watching in the near future

Just received a packet of Oakridge BBQ Carne Crosta Steakhouse Rub in the mail yesterday night. This is supposed to be great on highly marbled steaks and needs a jolt of high, searing heat to form a nice crust and release the oils in the spice mix. Looking forward to trying it, probably next weekend.

Just received a new cookbook in the mail: Poke, Hawai'i's Food by Sam Choy. Ordered some authentic ingredients last night from the Islands: inamona, Hawaiian sea salt, and furikake spice mix. Looking forward to turning out some great poke dishes over the next couple weeks and months.

Also cooking a packer brisket on the Kamado tomorrow. Last weekend had a brisket cooking class where I learned a couple really helpful pointers and techniques. Optimistic I may finally be able to make the leap from dry, tough brisket to super moist and tender brisket. We'll see. Gonna cook Frijoles Borrachos and buttermilk cornbread to go with.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Just received a new cookbook in the mail: Poke, Hawai'i's Food by Sam Choy. Ordered some authentic ingredients last night from the Islands: inamona, Hawaiian sea salt, and furikake spice mix. Looking forward to turning out some great poke dishes over the next couple weeks and months.

Poke is definitely the hottest food trend right now, especially on the West Coast. And homemade is the best! Be sure to sift through the inamona for bits of shell; you can break a tooth if you chomp down on one too hard.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Poke is definitely the hottest food trend right now, especially on the West Coast. And homemade is the best! Be sure to sift through the inamona for bits of shell; you can break a tooth if you chomp down on one too hard.

Thanks for the pointer on the kikui shells, hadn't thought of that. Inamona and furikake are totally new to me. I'm getting older and want to hold onto my natural teeth as long as I can :bigsmile:

We found a seafood market in Austin that's surprisingly good. All kinds of Gulf Coast seafood and I was really surprised to see pretty decent looking halibut and Pacific salmon fillets. They have the flash frozen fillets of sashimi grade 1 Ahi we can use for poke.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GeekWithGuns wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

Thanks for the pointer on the kikui shells, hadn't thought of that. Inamona and furikake are totally new to me. I'm getting older and want to hold onto my natural teeth as long as I can :bigsmile:

We found a seafood market in Austin that's surprisingly good. All kinds of Gulf Coast seafood and I was really surprised to see pretty decent looking halibut and Pacific salmon fillets. They have the flash frozen fillets of sashimi grade 1 Ahi we can use for poke.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

good pointer guns4.... greek try furikake with rice (sprinkle it like pepper) and on popcorn. also if you can try tako poki

side note its poki

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Picked up my lowers from Cabela's yesterday, thanks Chuck for all your help. Today picked up my liquor order from Kelly. Took the kids to the Zoo, got to watch them feed the tigers, red wolves, sharks, and octopi. There were very few people there so we had pretty much a run on the place.

To top it off, Cats beat the griz.

Attachment:
23737980_10155184824737406_3394692897213691665_o.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
GeekWithGuns wrote:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

good pointer guns4.... greek try furikake with rice (sprinkle it like pepper) and on popcorn. also if you can try tako poki

side note its poki

Thanks for the correction chris.. I've used octopus a lot in ceviche though I cook it before it goes in the mix unlike all the other ingredients. Funny you mention it Sam Choy's cookbook has several tako recipes will have to try them out. I'll post a thread in WaGrubs when we get to the Tako recipes.

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to my dad's retirement party last night. Old coot finally threw in the towel at 63 years old.

Got to see a bunch of my parent's friends, many of whom I hadn't seen in years (in some cases since long before my step kids were born), and the majority of whom had never met my wife and kids. There was also some damn good food, including brisket (which I ate about 11 servings of).

All in all, it was more fun than I thought it would be. Congrats, dad!

:party:

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:28 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Went to WAC on a sunday....

I know waste of time. Right? I get in free.

But, I found a 2 piece stainless guide rod for cheap that I took a chance on.

Brought it home. And the Tungsten 2 piece I have for my STI that broke @ the base?

Yeah, the base screwed on perfectly......saved me $80 plus shipping from Shooters Connection.

Which is Probably another ten bucks.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

We spent the weekend in Long Beach and met the Badclam family. We got the tour of the oasis enjoyed their hospitality.

I took note of the coastal habitat and how much it reminded me of home in Florida. The major difference being the cold weather.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today is my Friday, no work for the next 8 days.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699, 700 ... 1549  Next