Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:14 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536 ... 1552  Next
 What has MADE your day today? 

NWGunner wrote:
That is sharp looking, I hope you enjoy it! :thumbsup2:

Right? I hope I like shooting it as much as I like looking at it. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Inger19 wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
That is sharp looking, I hope you enjoy it! :thumbsup2:

Right? I hope I like shooting it as much as I like looking at it.

Yeah, that's a nice-looking revolver. thumbsup

Little .38 Special revolvers can have some bark. Be prepared. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't shoot +P from the get go and you will be fine. Most .38Special is very light, powder puff super fun shootin' stuff.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:34 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
Don't shoot +P from the get go and you will be fine. Most .38Special is very light, powder puff super fun shootin' stuff.

Maybe we can convince Inger to start reloading 38 special. $0.05/round, light fun all day long!

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I came up with a nice little plinker load for my J frame and it is a joy to shoot. Makes a day at the range a little easier on the hands. Inger, Hornady makes a 90Gr low recoil round if the thing has a little to much bark. My mom carries them in her Charter. They have a pink tip so that would go well with the blue. Not trying to imply you cant handle hot loads. :bigsmile: I have found that 125 gr rounds are much nicer to shoot, the 158 gr factory loads got a little annoying after 20 rounds or so out of an airweight S&W.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:35 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Shipping charge from Midway for a part I need is ten cents more than exactly half what the Wa.State tax would be If I bought it local.

Part is $98.99

#FukuJay

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:25 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

WaJim wrote:
Shipping charge from Midway for a part I need is ten cents more than exactly half what the Wa.State tax would be If I bought it local.

Part is $98.99

#FukuJay

Is this the thread that you intended to post this in Jim?
We're happy in this thread. :4couple:
Sunshine and unicorns and carrot cake with that really scrumptious frosting.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:44 pm

PMB wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Maybe we can convince Inger to start reloading 38 special. $0.05/round, light fun all day long!

Oh Lordy! LOL I have a 660 sq ft apartment. I don't think there's room to reload. As it is I can barely fit my gun "collection" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:23 pm

mcyclonegt wrote:
I came up with a nice little plinker load for my J frame and it is a joy to shoot. Makes a day at the range a little easier on the hands. Inger, Hornady makes a 90Gr low recoil round if the thing has a little to much bark. My mom carries them in her Charter. They have a pink tip so that would go well with the blue. Not trying to imply you cant handle hot loads. :bigsmile: I have found that 125 gr rounds are much nicer to shoot, the 158 gr factory loads got a little annoying after 20 rounds or so out of an airweight S&W.

I think I got 125 gr and it didn't cause me any trouble. Thanks for the tip though- I'm not getting younger so that info might be good in the future.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a new bolt catch from Adams Arms a couple weeks back and finally got around to installing it. Long story short, the bolt wasn't holding open on an empty mag all that well, and you could see where the bolt was hitting the upper edge and peening the softer metal of the catch. Not good!

When I emailed them in January, they sent a new one out free of charge. New one is slightly different, the little notch in the front is deeper by about 3mm or so. Works perfect now! While I had it apart I ended up slapping a Seekins bilateral safety in.

While it can be said that the best customer service is shipping a perfect gun the first time, I'll take great customer service as a close second.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Part is $98.99

#FukuJay

Yes ..I'm happy because Midways shipping is so low......

It's better than paying asswipe Jay ten bucks for his BS tax and I don't have to drive to Cabellas Lacey or Tulalip.

I'm patient, and 5 bucks ahead of the game.

Come to think...I save at least a buck and a half if not two in gas tax as well....its like 63 cents a gallon now isn't it?

#SuckitdouchebagJay

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Part is $98.99

#FukuJay

It's better than paying asswipe Jay ten bucks for his BS tax and I don't have to drive to Cabellas Lacey or Tulalip.

Come to think...I save at least a buck and a half if not two in gas tax as well....its like 63 cents a gallon now isn't it?

#SuckitdouchebagJay

Why are you complaining about Cabela's? What about the other gun stores in the area? Cabela's does price matching, and if it's not in the store they will send it to your house with FREE shipping.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:59 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/836276697091670016

DOJ drops case against Texas voter ID law. The comments from the Leftards on there are dismal.

MAGA!

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:37 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

golddigger14s wrote:
WaJim wrote:
PMB wrote:
WaJim wrote:

Part is $98.99

#FukuJay

#SuckitdouchebagJay

Why are you complaining about Cabela's? What about the other gun stores in the area? Cabela's does price matching, and if it's not in the store they will send it to your house with FREE shipping.

I think he was just saying ordering online saves him a drive. Not an intentional dig on Cabelas.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:19 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Received a check from a mega corp today (invoiced them 3 1/2 weeks ago).
Only a few grand, but it's nice to know I'm getting paid without having to put too much more effort in.
Place is totally clusterfucked, must be 20 people involved in paying a single invoice.
Plus with all the carbon copying of emails to each other I'm amazed they actually get anything else done.
Plus they spend half their days in meetings.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536 ... 1552  Next