Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Rules Brads Guns RA I5 Guns & Ammo Killer Innovations WAC
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms LPG Pintos
Gear COUNTYLINE WCA Fortis 2A Ind.
Calendar





Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 King County Sheriff assaulted with a deadly weapon 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Unincorporated King County
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012
Posts: 7016
http://komonews.com/news/local/sheriff- ... courthouse

I think Barringer got very lucky that the guy stopped a few feet away. That's just too close.

I was leaving the courthouse and had my sheriff's ID card still out (forgot to put it in my pocket) and a guy came up behind me and said "I'm going to round up all the cops and kill them". He clearly had no means to do that so I just kept walking. But there are some messed up people there.

I was down there for a promotion ceremony a few weeks ago and someone had just finished crapping on the sidewalk (my daughter who was with me got to see that).

Barringer is (a little unfairly IMHO) the butt of some jokes because even though he went to the academy and did field training, the rank and file don't consider him to be a cop. Maybe he'll get some cred out of this.

I've been avoiding carrying to the court house not wanting to deal with the lock box, but I will definitely be carrying there next time.


Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:06 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 6806
Real Name: John
I see what you did there Anzac....Shouldn't it read (almost) assaulted? So what's the rest of the story? People get assaulted down there all the time, is it news because it was the "Sheriff" himself?
:popcorn:

Maybe the Sheriff should cleanup the area, isn't that the Job he's charged with doing? Oh wait, now that it involves him i bet something happens down there.

He has a plan now? Good. If he wanted to he could have put Deputies down there at anytime and done something about the problem in relatively short order.

It all comes down to money though, i bet his budget gets increased now that he was personally "Assaulted".

_________________
NRA RSO


Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:32 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011
Posts: 8805
Real Name: JP
Nice title.. :facepalm2:

_________________
Yes I Do Have A Beautiful Daughter.. I Also Have A Gun, A Shovel, & An Alibi


Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:44 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: King County
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012
Posts: 2558
The Sheriff and his armed chief of staff called 911? Seriously?

Has Urquhart forgotten how to make arrests?

I knew a KCSO captain who was contracted out to several local cities as a police chief. Even on his LAST DAY before retirement he was rocking and rolling on calls to the point where the deputies were yelling at him to "get back" and he was making arrests even then.

_________________
How can we ever agree?
Like the rest of the world
We grow farther apart
I swear you don't listen to me
Holding my hand to my heart
Holding my fist to my racing heart


Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: UP Wa
Joined: Mon Oct 7, 2013
Posts: 6046
Real Name: George Bailey
usrifle wrote:
I see what you did there Anzac....Shouldn't it read (almost) assaulted?




Running toward an individual yelling with scissors over your head would clearly be classified as a assault.

Quote:
“That's when I heard his yelling getting closer to my back,” Barringer said. “We turned around and he was running right at us holding a pair of scissors above his shoulder like this. So that's when I drew my gun. He stopped about three or four feet away and backed off."


An potentially deadly assault that would merit a couple rounds to center mass...(my opinion)

_________________
"Remove one freedom per generation and soon you will have no freedom and no one would have noticed."......Carl Marx



deadshot2 wrote:
Don't trust anyone who wipes their ass with their hand rather than toilet paper.


mancat wrote:
engines with blown head gaskets aren't very efficient


Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:21 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Unincorporated King County
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012
Posts: 7016
usrifle wrote:
I see what you did there Anzac....Shouldn't it read (almost) assaulted? So what's the rest of the story? People get assaulted down there all the time, is it news because it was the "Sheriff" himself?


:)

Quote:
Maybe the Sheriff should cleanup the area, isn't that the Job he's charged with doing? Oh wait, now that it involves him i bet something happens down there.


First, SPD has jurisdiction in Seattle. Its their turf. But the situation is so bad, he's proposed an additional step of KCSO resources to patrol the area, because of the county staff/jurors etc inside the building.

But the police can't "clean this up". These people have mental health issues, drug issues. This is societal issue we all own. If anything, the Mayor owns it, because he's allowed this shit show to continue. Literally, shit show if you've been down there.

Quote:
He has a plan now? Good. If he wanted to he could have put Deputies down there at anytime and done something about the problem in relatively short order.


That's not true. Budget is still very tight --- adding more patrols in new areas is outside what the budget can stand. He's asked the council to approve the money. Otherwise he'd be taking deputies off patrol somewhere else. It is a zero sum game.

Sheriff made this plan after a juror was assaulted, not because he was threatened.


Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:17 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Unincorporated King County
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012
Posts: 7016
WaJim wrote:
usrifle wrote:
I see what you did there Anzac....Shouldn't it read (almost) assaulted?


Running toward an individual yelling with scissors over your head would clearly be classified as a assault.

Quote:
“That's when I heard his yelling getting closer to my back,” Barringer said. “We turned around and he was running right at us holding a pair of scissors above his shoulder like this. So that's when I drew my gun. He stopped about three or four feet away and backed off."


An potentially deadly assault that would merit a couple rounds to center mass...(my opinion)


Yes, assault is a threat, an ability to hurt someone and an imminent action to further it.

Three feet away with scissors over his head coming at me, yes I would have fired.

I'm never ever going there unarmed again.


Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Unincorporated King County
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012
Posts: 7016
Alpine wrote:
The Sheriff and his armed chief of staff called 911? Seriously?

Has Urquhart forgotten how to make arrests?


1. They didn't have radios.
2. The guy took off. Barringer's priority is probably to stay with the sheriff.
3. Quickest way to get action is to call 911 and get SPD to respond. (I'm curious if he called 911 or the KCSO comm center, because metro police are in the area frequently cleaning up the bus stops)

I am not sure if they carry cuffs when in plain clothes. I am sure they have extra mags. I'll ask.


Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:23 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: King County
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012
Posts: 2558
Urquhart loves to do TV spots/interviews with his uniform and kit on, I've talked to several former captains/contract-chiefs, even command staff should be armed and have at least one set of cuffs and/or zip ties along with their service weapon.

Doesn't matter if he has a radio or not. Call 911? HE IS 911. He should be calling for a car or paddy wagon after he's got the perp on the ground and restrained.

IIRC, Reichert, Rahr and Strachan all did "busts" as the sheriff.

_________________
How can we ever agree?
Like the rest of the world
We grow farther apart
I swear you don't listen to me
Holding my hand to my heart
Holding my fist to my racing heart


Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:07 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Hoodsport/Shelton
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011
Posts: 2241
Real Name: Don
ANZAC wrote:
These people have mental health issues, drug issues. This is societal issue we all own.


I own NO part of those issues...especially the one in Seattle. :blackcloud1:

_________________
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living".

-- Travis A Kisner


Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:22 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Unincorporated King County
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012
Posts: 7016
Alpine wrote:
Urquhart loves to do TV spots/interviews with his uniform and kit on, I've talked to several former captains/contract-chiefs, even command staff should be armed and have at least one set of cuffs and/or zip ties along with their service weapon.

Doesn't matter if he has a radio or not. Call 911? HE IS 911. He should be calling for a car or paddy wagon after he's got the perp on the ground and restrained.

IIRC, Reichert, Rahr and Strachan all did "busts" as the sheriff.


So you don't think any officer has ever called for backup when a suspect takes off on foot?


Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:38 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 6806
Real Name: John
ANZAC wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Urquhart loves to do TV spots/interviews with his uniform and kit on, I've talked to several former captains/contract-chiefs, even command staff should be armed and have at least one set of cuffs and/or zip ties along with their service weapon.

Doesn't matter if he has a radio or not. Call 911? HE IS 911. He should be calling for a car or paddy wagon after he's got the perp on the ground and restrained.

IIRC, Reichert, Rahr and Strachan all did "busts" as the sheriff.


So you don't think any officer has ever called for backup when a suspect takes off on foot?


Well, there was two of them. I guess that he could have called the Big belly Detective to help. :popcorn:

_________________
NRA RSO


Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Location: Oly Wa
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 378
Real Name: Rick
ANZAC wrote:
usrifle wrote:
I see what you did there Anzac....Shouldn't it read (almost) assaulted? So what's the rest of the story? People get assaulted down there all the time, is it news because it was the "Sheriff" himself?


:)

Quote:
Maybe the Sheriff should cleanup the area, isn't that the Job he's charged with doing? Oh wait, now that it involves him i bet something happens down there.


First, SPD has jurisdiction in Seattle. Its their turf. But the situation is so bad, he's proposed an additional step of KCSO resources to patrol the area, because of the county staff/jurors etc inside the building.

But the police can't "clean this up". These people have mental health issues, drug issues. This is societal issue we all own. If anything, the Mayor owns it, because he's allowed this shit show to continue. Literally, shit show if you've been down there.

Quote:
He has a plan now? Good. If he wanted to he could have put Deputies down there at anytime and done something about the problem in relatively short order.


That's not true. Budget is still very tight --- adding more patrols in new areas is outside what the budget can stand. He's asked the council to approve the money. Otherwise he'd be taking deputies off patrol somewhere else. It is a zero sum game.

Sheriff made this plan after a juror was assaulted, not because he was threatened.
And with the Seattle homeless population, and the soft Seattle democrats outlook. Antifa and BLM and everyone else would try to tar and feather the Sheriff for defending himself...or very least 3 days of peaceful (fires and looting) protests.

_________________
Keep your booger picker off the bang switch till its go time!
Marriage...betting 1/2 of everything you own that you will love someone forever!
There is a term for 2 people of the oppsite sex being in the bed at the same time without out sex. Its called marriage.


Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:19 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Vancouver, WA
Joined: Tue Mar 5, 2013
Posts: 7476
sigman226 wrote:
And with the Seattle homeless population, and the soft Seattle democrats outlook. Antifa and BLM and everyone else would try to tar and feather the Sheriff for defending himself...or very least 3 days of peaceful (fires and looting) protests.

No doubt... He'd be accused of picking on a man who just needed a helping hand.

_________________
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had


Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:35 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Sumner, WA
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012
Posts: 1849
Real Name: Dan
ANZAC wrote:
This is societal issue we all own.

No we don't.

67% of those, do not want any help of any kind. The rest should get guidance on how to get out of that shit. That's it.

_________________
Dan

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.


Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:05 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BadKarma, Bing [Bot], cbass, danoh, DONOTBUGME, Duke EB, Eddie Dean, foothills, Google Adsense [Bot], Guns4Liberty, Jagerbomber35, leadcounsel, Massivedesign, os2firefox, Pablo, PAPISJEEP, PT Hubby, PTmorgan, Scvette, SporkBoy, Stubbs and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons UPAMMO


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 1.144s | 17 Queries | GZIP : On ]