Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 the Amish 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those guys know how to work as a team. It's team work like this is what made this country what it used to be. I wish we could go back to those days. They even stopped to have lunch.

http://cheezburger.com/64148993?ref=rightarrow&siteId=7

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty sure stopping for lunch is a standard practice, even in these terrible modern times with our crazy labor saving machines and modern medicine and flush toilets and such. The Amish need that level of teamwork and cooperation because they can't quite bring themselves to join the 21st or even 20th or hell late 19th centuries. :runforthehills:

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was more referring to them putting up that huge fucking barn in only ten hours but hey good job at trying to bring everything down to your level :party1:

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same thing a couple truckloads of illegals from Home Depot could do, but you might not want to hang around the sani cans after they've stopped for lunch.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
Those guys know how to work as a team. It's team work like this is what made this country what it used to be. I wish we could go back to those days. They even stopped to have lunch.

http://cheezburger.com/64148993?ref=rightarrow&siteId=7

I'm with you Mash. Shit has gone downhill for a long time.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:47 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joelle's BFF lives deep in Amish territory in Indiana, a small town called Goshen. There is no DOUBT that they are some hard working SOB's.. We are planning on going there next spring or summer and I plan on partaking in and helping with as much culture as I can.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Joelle's BFF lives deep in Amish territory in Indiana, a small town called Goshen. There is no DOUBT that they are some hard working SOB's.. We are planning on going there next spring or summer and I plan on partaking in and helping with as much culture as I can.

pics of the beard are manditory :thumbsup2:

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:33 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

If you had nothing to do for fun, you'd probably work hard building a barn just like they did....

Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eric Brende's Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology (Amazon link -- http://www.amazon.com/Better-Off-Flipping-Switch-Technology/dp/0060570040), where a PhD candidate from MIT decides to live in a normally closed Mennonite community for a year (or more?), offers a fascinating and very real-world view into the ins and outs of Amish culture. The premise was so engaging that I didn't want this book to end. Highly recommended.

Last edited by mislabeled on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the Amish know how to build stuff not like lazy america today

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:04 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

IIRC both the Narrows Bridge and the Empire State Building were built in less than two years........

What labor saving devices did they use because now a days throwing in a 'round-a-bout' or widening an freeway overpass by one lane takes approximately the same.

Hell, the local electric company has been replacing 12 phone poles on Cirque drive.....they've been at it all summer. They're not 1/3 done. Half the poles are up and they still have to restring the wire.

Thinking Lunch and smoke breaks are getting in the way of production.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]