Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Strictly for Hogan's Heros Fans. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Cool info I did not know about Clary.
Thanks for sharing.

In 1972 I had history teacher with a last name of Moskowitz. I assumed he was Jewish because he stated on more than one occasion that he did not approve the Hogan's Heros because they did not portray how evil and sinister they actually were, and he'd lost some relatives to the ovens. He was the right age, about 50 years old in 1972.

No, Hogan's Heroes was VERY careful to distinguish between Germans (Klink, Schultz) and Nazis (Hochstetter).

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
The old country only got color TV when I turned 11...
And here I thought you were at least 35 for all these past years. :bigsmile: Actually the whole thing was a fraud. They made us think that the cowboy days, the civil war, WWI and WWII happened in black and white. There should have been a big disclaimer at the beginning. Sort of like the PG-13 thing. "If you think the following happened in black and white...your an idiot".

Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
And here I thought you were at least 35 for all these past years. :bigsmile: Actually the whole thing was a fraud. They made us think that the cowboy days, the civil war, WWI and WWII happened in black and white. There should have been a big disclaimer at the beginning. Sort of like the PG-13 thing. "If you think the following happened in black and white...your an idiot".

*You're

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

Oh, and while we're here:

COMBAT!

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rix86 wrote:
skey wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

*You're
You made my point. Thanks.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
skey wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

COMBAT!
Bam....that was a great one. I think I saw Vic Morrow smile once, but it was right before a cutout to a commercial so I am not certain. I think Rat Patrol came out after that. Christopher George had a smile per episode written into the studio's contract.

And on that note: your :bigsmile:

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
skey wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

COMBAT!
Bam....that was a great one. I think I saw Vic Morrow smile once, but it was right before a cutout to a commercial so I am not certain. I think Rat Patrol came out after that. Christopher George had a smile per episode written into the studio's contract.

And on that note: your :bigsmile:

I remember making two Jeep kits and detailing the figures to be the Rat Patrol crew.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:50 pm

ANZAC wrote:
skey wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

COMBAT!

Oh god yes. Not to mention 12:00 O'clock High. There should have been a great big disclaimer when Combat started saying "The real Army is not like this". God! what a rude awakening !

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Wtf is a Hogan's heros? Can some geriatric reminiscing old timer explain this to me please? :peep:

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Wtf is a Hogan's heros? Can some geriatric reminiscing old timer explain this to me please? :peep:

Colonel Robert Hogan and his merry band of saboteurs are being held "captive" in Luft Stalag 13. What their captors, Luftwaffe Colonel Klink and Sgt Schultz don't know, is that they have an extensive tunnel network under the camp and regularly leave the camp to get up to all kinds of hijinks, they also have a radio, and also can listen into Klink's office with a hidden microphone. The real bad guy, Major Hochstetter of the SS, is sure Hogan is up to something, but he never can prove anything.

Some clips:
https://youtu.be/ypE2oT-8Zag?t=13s

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm younger than you and even I know what the hell hogans heroes was. My dad watched it on tv land a lot when I was a kid. That and M*A*S*H, gunsmoke, bonanza and a ton of other oldies.

I should look up and try and find hogans heroes on blue ray, it was one of my favorites. When I'd get called in to be interrogated for my shenanigans as a kid, my response was generally "I see nothing! I know nuthing! Nuuuuthing!!!"

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
I remember making two Jeep kits and detailing the figures to be the Rat Patrol crew.
I tried that with my GI Joe jeep by replacing the recoiless the came with. Coming up with an M2 of the right scale wasn't happening. I had to whittle one to get close to scale. It looked pretty sad. The barrel was about 700 MOA off. :bigsmile:

Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bonanza, good show.
I'm so glad that I actually got to go see the house in person, just before it closed.

Fun fact: the original house did not have a second story. That all was filmed in Hollywood.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:

See I told you guys only the cool watched Hogans heros

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.metv.com/shows/hogan-s-heroes

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2