Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 What do the protestors want? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not being facetious or pot stirring. I just didn't see a list or anything. Sure my logic side will shoot many of the wants down, but is there a serious list. Are they wants or needs? I just see fearful screaming people. But what are these fears? Trump is the President, that's a fact, not changing immediately. We/I whined enough about Obama. Done deal.

Off the top of my head:

1) No fascism. OK. I think we can agree 100% on this. If Trump makes one fascist move. Yeah, shut him down. Legally.
2) No back tracking on rights for anyone. Agree 100%.
3)

I'm done. What DO they want?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They should be making sandwiches for everyone in the name of peace. Peace through sandwiches!!! Replace the hate and destruction with meat and cheese!! :peep:

I like your bullet points. Good start to finding common ground.

Divided we fall.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

They want Trump out...because hes a racist.

Dunno what he did as a racist but facts blur agenda.

IIRC all he did was call a judge mexican because he was pro-mexican.

Oh and a well known KKK member supported him as a candidate.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:42 am

Free weed
Free housing
Free college
Free coffee
Free cell phones
Free.............................

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They don't know what they want; they only know what they don't want - a DJT presidency. And they don't even know why they don't want that; they've just been conditioned to hate anything that opposes the far left. These people aren't deep thinkers, they're easily manipulated. The interviews with some of them reveal just how brainwashed they are.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:18 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

OhShoot! wrote:
They should be making sandwiches for everyone in the name of peace. Peace through sandwiches!!! Replace the hate and destruction with meat and cheese!! :peep:

I like your bullet points. Good start to finding common ground.

If their peace sandwiches are anything like Peace Tea, I don't want any.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think one of the protesters interviewed by an NBC reporter really summed it up. He said he's just "anti-establishment" and he would have been out there if Clinton or Sanders was the one being inaugurated.

Toss into the mix the "anarchists" that are just a bunch of vandals who aren't protesting anything, they just like breaking stuff.

Over the last decade or so a group of people have found that they can bring attention to themselves by causing trouble, damage, and disruption. Many of them are privileged brats still living at home or are professional students who's parents are willing to foot the bill for them far longer than they should.

Sadly, they get arrested, make Court appearances, pay ridiculous fines, and are back out to commit the same offenses at the next large media attracting event.

Some of the protesters are afraid they'll loose their seat on the gravy train. Some protesters are there as active supporters but end up in conflict with the ant- types.

Most of the rest are merely attention whores and if they have to destroy to get it, they will. When they're arrested their backpacks usually contain hammers, rocks, and fireworks. What a shock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/

Mission & Vision

We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families - recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.

OUR MISSION

The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of us - immigrants of all statuses, Muslims and those of diverse religious faiths, people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native people, Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual assault - and our communities are hurting and scared. We are confronted with the question of how to move forward in the face of national and international concern and fear.

In the spirit of democracy and honoring the champions of human rights, dignity, and justice who have come before us, we join in diversity to show our presence in numbers too great to ignore. The Women’s March on Washington will send a bold message to our new government on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights. We stand together, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us is defending all of us.

We support the advocacy and resistance movements that reflect our multiple and intersecting identities. We call on all defenders of human rights to join us. This march is the first step towards unifying our communities, grounded in new relationships, to create change from the grassroots level up. We will not rest until women have parity and equity at all levels of leadership in society. We work peacefully while recognizing there is no true peace without justice and equity for all.

HEAR OUR VOICE.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.
— Audre Lorde
GUIDING PRINCIPLES

Women’s rights are human rights, regardless of a woman’s race, ethnicity, religion, immigration status, sexual identity, gender expression, economic status, age or disability. We practice empathy with the intent to learn about the intersecting identities of each other. We will suspend our first judgement and do our best to lead without ego. We follow the principles of Kingian nonviolence, which are defined as follows:

Principle 1: Nonviolence is a way of life for courageous people. It is a positive force confronting the forces of injustice and utilizes the righteous indignation and spiritual, emotional, and intellectual capabilities of people as the vital force for change and reconciliation.

Principle 2: The Beloved Community is the framework for the future. The nonviolent concept is an overall effort to achieve a reconciled world by raising the level of relationships among people to a height where justice prevails and persons attain their full human potential.

Principle 3: Attack forces of evil, not persons doing evil. The nonviolent approach helps one analyze the fundamental conditions, policies and practices of the conflict rather than reacting to one’s opponents or their personalities.

Principle 4: Accept suffering without retaliation for the sake of the cause to achieve our goal. Self-chosen suffering is redemptive and helps the movement grow in a spiritual as well as a humanitarian dimension. The moral authority of voluntary suffering for a goal communicates the concern to one’s own friends and community as well as to the opponent.

Principle 5: Avoid internal violence of the spirit as well as external physical violence. The nonviolent attitude permeates all aspects of the campaign. It provides a mirror type reflection of the reality of the condition to one’s opponent and the community at large. Specific activities must be designed to maintain a high level of spirit and morale during a nonviolent campaign

Divided we fall.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From what I've been hearing they are marching today out of fear. Fear for women's rights, they are afraid that women will be demoralized as a norm under the new presidency. They fear that women won't be given the right to choose (abortion rights). That their rights as a women in the work force will change to that of lower standards/quality. Many of these women fear that due to comments made by President Trump on the campaign trail, or years in the past, that those words are going to become actions, and due to his leading by example the men of the country will follow suit. Along with the protests many wearing 'pussy hats'. So if you see people wearing safety pins and cat items they are 'silently' protesting the President.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
From what I've been hearing they are marching today out of fear. Fear for women's rights, they are afraid that women will be demoralized as a norm under the new presidency. They fear that women won't be given the right to choose (abortion rights). That their rights as a women in the work force will change to that of lower standards/quality. Many of these women fear that due to comments made by President Trump on the campaign trail, or years in the past, that those words are going to become actions, and due to his leading by example the men of the country will follow suit. Along with the protests many wearing 'pussy hats'. So if you see people wearing safety pins and cat items they are 'silently' protesting the President.

It's a pretty short march from the bedroom to the kitchen.

I'm so, so kidding. Jokes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:59 am

Hell they don't even know. Just mindless idiots doing mindless idiot things.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:

nice summary. i believe a lot of their fears are unfounded but i also support their right to protest, rally or demonstrate as an outlet. It's unlikely we see the anarchists mingling and causing issues during the day today.

Some of the people in power and their supporters may want all illegal immigrants rounded up and deported yesterday, GLBTQ....people fixed, Muslims eradicated and Abortion outlawed but it's not going to happen. the sky is falling, hyperbolic drama queening i see on social media is eye rolling inducing but many do legitimately fear some of this shit coming to fruition. I liken it to Obama is going to take all of our guns.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: South Puget Sound (sounds more hoity toity than Puyallup)
How about setting up a bunch of lawnchairs next to the womens march, with scorecards or placards, and judge them when they walk by?

Hold up cards like "Tap That"..or.."No Tap"..or.."Kitchen Only"

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have two aunts marching today. As you can imagine, we agree on next to nothing politically. I know they truly believe womens right will go back to the dark ages, but mostly they are concerned about people with developmental disabilities. They both have children that are special needs and both champion that cause. Apparently, being a protected class isnt enough, as they fear Trump will strip them of their rights and again, will go backwards with their rights and protections. I do not agree, but I fully support their right to protest, and peacefully march as they are today.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next