General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: WOOOOOOOO! Seattle Thunderbirds thread.

Sat May 20, 2017 2:54 pm

T-Birds lose 4-2. Otters scored a late empty net Goal when we pulled Stankowski with about 1:30 left to get the extra attacker to try and even the score.
We play again tomorrow against the Windsor Spitfires at 4:00 and then Tuesday against the Saint John Seadogs at the same time.

Go T-Birds!

Sun May 21, 2017 12:02 am

That's too bad...I was out running errands, picking up food for the family tonight, & such, but heard most of the 1st & 1/2 the 3rd period on the radio (1090am).

Sounded like Ski had some great saves, though....

Hopefully we win & St John's (I think), loses, that will help in our bracket.

If that happens, we are still home team in the next game..... :thumbsup2:

Go Birds ! :cheers2:

Sun May 21, 2017 3:58 pm

The 1st period did not go well for the Birds....under 6 minutes into the period we are down 3-0. Windsor scored 3 times in 38 seconds, two of them from T-Birds turnovers in front o their own net. :frust: :facepalm2:

The boys better get it together, going down 0-2 in a round Robin would not be good.

Sun May 21, 2017 5:06 pm

T-Birds are just killing themselves with turnovers, poor passing and decision making. Toth, (who replaced our wonder boy Stankowski in Goal) got caught out of the net and they scored again after we had made it 3-1. :frust: :frust: :frust:

So now it's 4-1 going into the 3rd period and the situation is getting desperate.

Lets GO T-Birds!

Sun May 21, 2017 5:10 pm

icon_eek

Maybe you need to cheer and jeer a little louder . . . ?

Sun May 21, 2017 5:24 pm

MadPick wrote:icon_eek

Maybe you need to cheer and jeer a little louder . . . ?

It's 6-1 now.... :facepalm2:

I am firing up the BBQ. Offset cook some Chicken titties, it might make me calm down.

Sun May 21, 2017 5:28 pm

No shame in that. The tournament that they are in now is the best of the best.

Sun May 21, 2017 5:33 pm

PMB wrote:No shame in that. The tournament that they are in now is the best of the best.

That's true, but they just aren't playing the way they can and have.

The two Teams they have played, (Playing) are very good, but they already beat the number 1 rated CHL team to win the WHL title.

I don't know what's going on with them, and they sure can't catch a break, but it is not looking good.

Either way the T-Birds are still our boy's. Win or lose, GO T-BIRDS! :thumbsup2:

No fair Weather crap here, it's just :frust:

Sun May 21, 2017 7:49 pm

They have turned over the puck on the defensive end in front of the goal more than anyone else throughout the playoffs.

Their strong goaltending, and good response on power plays has saved them thus far...

These teams are faster, and mistakes get magnified.

Not sure if they're giving up the puck out of confusion over line changes, fatigue, or what, buts it's been so frequent, it must have been addressed.....

Yep, they're our guys, will root to the end...... :thumbsup2:

Sun May 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Only Seattle team I'll cheer for.

Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 pm

I work 2nd shift so Season Tickets are out of the Question...but i did buy a 24 game Flex pass. :thumbsup2:

T-Birds! :wagwoot: WHL Champions....What a great season. :thumbsup2:

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:25 pm

It's that time of year again. :thumbsup2: Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey time again.
Home opener is the 23rd of this month, can't wait for some more Hockey.
WOOOOOOOOOOO!
Go T-BIRDS!

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:40 pm

T-Birds win their home opener against Tri Cities tonight, 4-3. WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Great game, best fight i have seen in along time tonight. Tri Cities played kind of dirty, a very chippy game.
They Raised the Western Conference Champions Banner and the WHL Champion banner in front of a sold out Arena, good times. :thumbsup2:

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Here's an idea... How about all the folks on here whining about the Seahawks go to a T-Birds game instead?
See some real sports being played.

Wish I could have been there with you guys!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 am

I hear they're selling the team, then a midnight move to AZ?
Post a reply