Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What should be US response to use of nukes? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
If they launch a nuke, whether it reaches its destination or not, whether it explodes or not . . . I think the appropriate response would be massive conventional (non-nuclear) devastation of their military, probably followed by invasion. If they launch a nuke, their government must be destroyed and a point made.

BEST answer to the original question! :thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wklink wrote:
or if he decided to toss a nuke at someplace like Japan.

I'm sure they're used to it by now.. :bigsmile:

On a serious note, I think you're absolutely correct.

He would have nothing to lose at that point, a cornered possum.... I think the only way to 'fix' that is to take out any launch facilities on day 1...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
This article points out that our area is most likely a target.

http://q13fox.com/2017/04/14/seattle-th ... pert-says/

Will Seattle become the next Pearl Harbor?

Ie they 'know' about the attack but let it happen so as to give validity to a war/invasion?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
MadPick wrote:
If they launch a nuke, whether it reaches its destination or not, whether it explodes or not . . . I think the appropriate response would be massive conventional (non-nuclear) devastation of their military, probably followed by invasion. If they launch a nuke, their government must be destroyed and a point made.

How do we know if one of their launched missiles contains an armed nuke or not?

What if the guy pointing the gun at you doesn't have any bullets in it, or it's only a pellet gun?

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Funny how N Korea hasn't launched any missiles today as they said they would.

As far as Iran, they have enough money to just buy a nuke from N Korea.
Could have one in a couple weeks, not '10 years'.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Given all the money Obama gave Iran they can likely afford several nukes.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:31 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guntrader wrote:
Funny how N Korea hasn't launched any missiles today as they said they would.

Aaaaaaaand, you jinxed it. Good thing the launch failed.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news is the "Beloved Leader" is likely to execute the scientists responsible for today's screwup, hopefully setting their missile program back.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Good news is the "Beloved Leader" is likely to execute the scientists responsible for today's screwup, hopefully setting their missile program back.

They all tell him it was a beautiful success and the western news is fake news.

Quick, get him a new school girl.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
foothills wrote:
Selador wrote:
Alpine wrote:
There are a few scenarios here.

-NK launches a nuke in the region at SK or (more likely) at Japan or at the US Naval group.
-NK launches a nuke at HI or the West Coast (Seattle or LA)

-Iran passes a nuke off to a terrorist proxy like Hezbollah or Hamas and they sneak it in detonate it in the region (Israel/Saudi Arabia)
-Iran passes a nuke off to a terrorist proxy like Hezbollah or Hamas and they sneak it in and detonate it inside the US
-Iran attacks US ships (likely) or manages to get a missile to the east US coast (unlikely).

Iran or NK either one, steams one over here near the shore, then launches it to create an EMP.

Or, with large acreage ISIS recruitment and training camps within our own heartland... Steam one to the shores, then rent a uhaul, and carry it to a camp, and launch from there.

Maybe even rent a plane to carry it up.

Only has to get a few miles into the air before going off...

My thoughts exactly...load em on a cargo ship, get it within range and fire them bitch(s) off. EMP over continental U.S. and suddenly the U.S. and NK are at the same level in living standards.

Realities about EMP's and some EMP myths in a white paper prepared for the Oakridge National Laboratory. http://www.futurescience.com/emp/ferc_Meta-R-320.pdf

Tl;Dr version. Norks are not going to bring us down to their level with a few shitty nukes.

The report you listed has much interesting information in it..Perhaps you didn't read it. Granted the technical complexities are beyond my paygrade...but only because of lack of knowledge on the complexities of electronic systems. Are you qualified to make such a statement that a few shitty nukes aren't going to bring us down? The gist of the report is there, and not so easily dismissed as being of no concern.

Section 2-44 gives the effects on the grid and society... and the appendix (page A-1) regarding myths is also not such a rosy picture. While such a scenario may not bring the TEOTWAWKI... it damn sure is going to cause disruption and the effects of "cascading" system failures are a complete unknown...because it has never happened. To say that a few shitty nukes won't bring us down to their level is an uneducated opinion. Are the effects of an EMP concerning? Even your report says yes. Is it possible that Little Kim could disrupt our society? Who knows...even the tech geeks in your report of 2010 can't say for sure.

But I feel better knowing that you're confident/qualified to reassure us.

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The claim was a few nukes (and by clear implication the small ones the Norks have) could bring us down to NK levels of technology and living.

I find that particular bit of hyperbole absurd, and if you did take the time to read that paper, you'll find they avoided making such claims themselves. There is a enormous difference between having legitimate concerns and running around like a bunch of scared chickenhawks making hyperbolic claims. Something I refrained from doing, because I've yet to find anyone with a voice worth listening to making those same claims.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
The claim was a few nukes (and by clear implication the small ones the Norks have) could bring us down to NK levels of technology and living.

I find that particular bit of hyperbole absurd, and if you did take the time to read that paper, you'll find they avoided making such claims themselves. There is a enormous difference between having legitimate concerns and running around like a bunch of scared chickenhawks making hyperbolic claims. Something I refrained from doing, because I've yet to find anyone with a voice worth listening to making those same claims.

I always seem to forget...that your voice is the only one that matters. And your opinions are the end all to all points of legitimate view and concern.

Steve has spoken...all other opinions and views are meaningless. :thumbsup2:

-- Travis A Kisner

Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:01 pm

Don't waste any time and make South Korea an island!

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

I always seem to forget...that your voice is the only one that matters. And your opinions are the end all to all points of legitimate view and concern.

Whatever. You were the one wondering why I posted that link. And that's because it provided a reasoned expert opinion rather than the traditional narrative of DOOM!!! It literally stands to reason such a thing would be posted due to disagreement with a position. If you want to make that personal go ahead. It's insipid and dull. If you want to address the counter position that it's unlikely the Norks can nuke us to their level, that would be better. If you don't like that premise challenged, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will happily promote the aforementioned agenda of fear and panic through appeals to emotion.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
foothills wrote:
kf7mjf wrote:

Whatever. You were the one wondering why I posted that link. And that's because it provided a reasoned expert opinion rather than the traditional narrative of DOOM!!! It literally stands to reason such a thing would be posted due to disagreement with a position. If you want to make that personal go ahead. It's insipid and dull. If you want to address the counter position that it's unlikely the Norks can nuke us to their level, that would be better. If you don't like that premise challenged, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will happily promote the aforementioned agenda of fear and panic through appeals to emotion.

Lol...you really do take yourself seriously don't you?

My opinions are mine, yours are yours...your constant posting of things contradictory to what other people think or have opinions on is what is insipid and dull...back to your voice being the only one that matters.

You disagree with my opinion or viewpoint? Well good! You disagree with my views...so mine are automatically wrong, boy does that sound familiar...I'm gonna hang out with the Chickenhawks...not near as many egomaniacs in that crowd.

Back on topic, at some point there will be a hostile nuclear detonation. By whom is anybodies guess at this point. Big or small, Nork or porkfree is yet to be determined.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the damages are after the event before rendering countermeasures in retaliation.

-- Travis A Kisner

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next