Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Evergreen went full retard again 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Once I read "Evergreen", nothing could surprise me.

The college is like a bowl on a table loaded with "fruits and nuts".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sun May 28, 2017 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
Only a full,retard would enroll at that shit hole

I beg to differ. While TESC does have some strange way of breeding eco terrorist feel good snowflakes, there are a lot of people who go to Evergreen because of their challenging course work (and highly regarded degrees) in the sciences.

What we see and hear is only a small portion of the enrollment there.

Wel, perhaps. I have never enrolled there. However, the statistics do not indicate ESC is a prestigious institution.

ESC accepts almost anybody (98% of applicants). UW, WSU and Seattle Univ accept only 45%, 80% and 73% of applicants, respectively

On graduation rates, ESC graduates only 41% of its students . UW is at 83.7%, WSU at 67.2% and SU at 77.6%.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Statistics don't really give you any sense of an educational institution. Your educational experience/success is directly proportional to what you put into it, regardless of where you attend. IMHO.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Sun May 28, 2017 9:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The list of "demands" from the children.

Complete List of Student Demands
Posted by Felix Chrome
We demand that no changes to The Student Code of Conduct be made without democratic student consent. We demand consent as distinct and separate from input in the process of revising the codes that govern us. The coalition of black students and students of color that are submitting these demands will nominate 5 black students to inhabit a Student Code of Conduct Task Force by the end of Spring Quarter 2017. The Student Code of Conduct task force will be an autonomous body from the office of Student Affairs, will employ a consensus based decision making process, and will have ratifying and veto power over all revisions to the student code of conduct. The office of Student Affairs will submit revisions of the Student Code of Conduct to the Task Force and will not implement those revisions until the Task Force gives their written approval. The task force will do no labor other than review changes presented and say yes or no. The students placed on that task force will each be paid a stipend of $500 a quarter until the Student Code of Conduct is approved. We demand that no one is charged with a student code of conduct violation until these revisions are finalized. No one is charged for the demonstrations of the past two weeks beginning May 14th.

We demand that Officer Timothy O’Dell be fired and (Suspended during the investigation)suspended without pay while an investigation takes place. We demand Officer O’Dell be fired if he is guilty of using excessive force and aggression when responding to student protesting. When responding to the call made by Brett Weinstein, O’Dell did not ask questions. O’Dell started violently pushing through students who were trying to protect black students. O’Dell was asked to stopped and students expressed that they weren’t dangerous. O’Dell refused to listen. O’dell continued to knock students over in attempt to reach the black students. O’Dell was targeting people of color.

We demand the immediate firing of Andrea Seabert Olsen, the Assistant to the VP for Student Conduct, from all Evergreen State College Positions. We request that no transfer happen but a complete removal. Seabert Olsen has shown a consistent often violent flaw in judgement when it pertains to the needs and safety of Black students, other students of color, Trans students, students with disabilities, students who have experienced sexual assault. Seabert Olsen has been given an ample amount of time to educate herself about the needs of more marginalized students and has failed to show evidence of effort or effectiveness. We believe that at this point there is no way for Andrea Seabert Olsen to redeem herself as her reputation directly influences her ability to do her job. The students who are in the most danger in the current climate and culture of both the Evergreen campus and the United States do not view Seabert Olsen as a safe person to seek help from.

We demand no expansion of police facilities or services at any point in the future. We demand that police services sell all of their lethal and less than lethal weapons and donate the money to manifestation of demands enumerated here. This demand entails that at no point in the planning stages of any expansion of campus facilities should plans be articulated or students, staff, administrators, faculty, or contractors be paid to work on plans to provide increased office space, increased surveillance technology, or more or expanded holding cells to Police Services. We demand for the institution to create a student collective to develop and implement alternative to policing:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Y0LwX0uOz-P63FVhV0OFkDObbBXcy16YPOcsqnBqto/mobilebasic

We demand mandatory sensitivity and cultural competency training for faculty, staff, administrators, and student employees. Hire the Aorta Collective or a comparable anti-oppression training collective to develop a plan for mandatory trainings for all Faculty, staff, and student employees. We demand anonymous evaluation forms for students to evaluate all faculty.

We demand the creation of an Equity Center in the 4th floor of the Library Building. We demand a remodel that will accommodate students and have movable walls for caucusing spaces. This Equity Center must be fully staffed and must have an assistant director, innovative program coordinator, case manager and student advisors. We demand that Equity Center have it’s own budget and be connected to the new VP/ VP for Equity and Inclusion.

We demand for the coordinator of the Trans & Queer Center to be permanently hired full time. Currently, they are temporarily hired and their contract ends in June.

We demand the creation of a permanent position that will support undocumented students. This position will have a budget that will create scholarships, housing, and protections.

We demand that the video created for Day of Absence and Day of Presence that was stolen by white supremacists and edited to expose and ridicule the students and staff be taken down by the administration this Friday.

We demand Bret Weinstein be suspended immediately without pay but all students receive full credit.

We demand an official statement on each of these demands from George Bridges that is divided up into 10 sections on this Friday May 26th, 2017.

We demand that no changes to The Student Code of Conduct be made without democratic student consent.

We demand that Officer Timothy O’Dell be fired and suspended without pay while an investigation takes place.

We demand the immediate firing of Andrea Seabert Olsen, the Assistant to the VP for Student Conduct, from all Evergreen State College positions.

We demand the immediate disarming of Police Services and no expansion of police facilities or services at any point in the future.

We demand mandatory sensitivity and cultural competency training for faculty, staff, administrators, and student employees.

We demand the creation of an Equity Center

We demand for the coordinator of the Trans & Queer Center to be permanently hired full time.

We demand the creation of a position that will support undocumented students.

Sun May 28, 2017 10:05 pm

HahahahahahahahahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHa
hahahahahahahahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHaha
hahahahahahahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahaha
hahahahahahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahaha
hahahahahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahaha
hahahahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahaha
hahahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha
hahahaahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Demands. Cute. How about you ask for somethings to change, and when it comes to adult stuff just shut up and sit in the corner.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon May 29, 2017 4:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortunately the "school" already capitulated to a number of their demands. I thought the demand about the video THEY shot was especially stupid.

Mon May 29, 2017 5:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why doesn't the school demand them to go elsewhere for schooling? Seems like a win-win to compromise.

Divided we fall.

Mon May 29, 2017 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was supposed to be a 'day without white people'... They asked all white people to leave the campus.....

The professor who is getting yelled at sent an email saying 'we shouldn't be treating people differently based on race'.... So they accused him of being "anti-black"..

The campus police are on a stand down order, they've been told pretty much not to do anything....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon May 29, 2017 10:49 am

OhShoot! wrote:
Why doesn't the school demand them to go elsewhere for schooling? Seems like a win-win to compromise.

Yeah like grambling

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Mon May 29, 2017 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We've come full circle. In the 60s the fight was for integration. Now it's for self-segregation. Of course, most of those choosing to segregate themselves will selectively integrate when it's in their best interests. Everyone wants to keep their cake and eat it too.

Mon May 29, 2017 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Demands?

How about instead of doing nothing but protest, to demand that others actually DO something...

How about you spend your days actually doing something yourself to make other's lives better?

Or how about you just go study for your exams?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Mon May 29, 2017 11:27 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I'm not sure which part of my DNA should be absorbing this white guilt. I'm 2% more African than European. Perhaps I should project it onto my Neanderthal DNA and call it a day.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon May 29, 2017 11:33 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

2%? Did you send a sample in to ancestry.com?

Mon May 29, 2017 11:36 am

Guntrader wrote:
2%? Did you send a sample in to ancestry.com?

23andme

And actually that number is more of a joke. The numbers are 49.7% African and 49.6% European.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon May 29, 2017 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

0.1% North African??
How far back would a bloodline have to go to still be carrying the gene at 0.1%?
500 generations?
10,000 years?

Fascinating stuff.
I'm afraid of finding I have alien DNA.

Mon May 29, 2017 12:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

airmandan wrote:
The list of "demands" from the children.

Complete List of Student Demands
Posted by Felix Chrome
We demand that no changes to The Student Code of Conduct be made without democratic student consent. We demand consent as distinct and separate from input in the process of revising the codes that govern us. The coalition of black students and students of color that are submitting these demands will nominate 5 black students to inhabit a Student Code of Conduct Task Force by the end of Spring Quarter 2017. The Student Code of Conduct task force will be an autonomous body from the office of Student Affairs, will employ a consensus based decision making process, and will have ratifying and veto power over all revisions to the student code of conduct. The office of Student Affairs will submit revisions of the Student Code of Conduct to the Task Force and will not implement those revisions until the Task Force gives their written approval. The task force will do no labor other than review changes presented and say yes or no. The students placed on that task force will each be paid a stipend of $500 a quarter until the Student Code of Conduct is approved. We demand that no one is charged with a student code of conduct violation until these revisions are finalized. No one is charged for the demonstrations of the past two weeks beginning May 14th.

We demand that Officer Timothy O’Dell be fired and (Suspended during the investigation)suspended without pay while an investigation takes place. We demand Officer O’Dell be fired if he is guilty of using excessive force and aggression when responding to student protesting. When responding to the call made by Brett Weinstein, O’Dell did not ask questions. O’Dell started violently pushing through students who were trying to protect black students. O’Dell was asked to stopped and students expressed that they weren’t dangerous. O’Dell refused to listen. O’dell continued to knock students over in attempt to reach the black students. O’Dell was targeting people of color.

We demand the immediate firing of Andrea Seabert Olsen, the Assistant to the VP for Student Conduct, from all Evergreen State College Positions. We request that no transfer happen but a complete removal. Seabert Olsen has shown a consistent often violent flaw in judgement when it pertains to the needs and safety of Black students, other students of color, Trans students, students with disabilities, students who have experienced sexual assault. Seabert Olsen has been given an ample amount of time to educate herself about the needs of more marginalized students and has failed to show evidence of effort or effectiveness. We believe that at this point there is no way for Andrea Seabert Olsen to redeem herself as her reputation directly influences her ability to do her job. The students who are in the most danger in the current climate and culture of both the Evergreen campus and the United States do not view Seabert Olsen as a safe person to seek help from.

We demand no expansion of police facilities or services at any point in the future. We demand that police services sell all of their lethal and less than lethal weapons and donate the money to manifestation of demands enumerated here. This demand entails that at no point in the planning stages of any expansion of campus facilities should plans be articulated or students, staff, administrators, faculty, or contractors be paid to work on plans to provide increased office space, increased surveillance technology, or more or expanded holding cells to Police Services. We demand for the institution to create a student collective to develop and implement alternative to policing:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Y0LwX0uOz-P63FVhV0OFkDObbBXcy16YPOcsqnBqto/mobilebasic

We demand mandatory sensitivity and cultural competency training for faculty, staff, administrators, and student employees. Hire the Aorta Collective or a comparable anti-oppression training collective to develop a plan for mandatory trainings for all Faculty, staff, and student employees. We demand anonymous evaluation forms for students to evaluate all faculty.

We demand the creation of an Equity Center in the 4th floor of the Library Building. We demand a remodel that will accommodate students and have movable walls for caucusing spaces. This Equity Center must be fully staffed and must have an assistant director, innovative program coordinator, case manager and student advisors. We demand that Equity Center have it’s own budget and be connected to the new VP/ VP for Equity and Inclusion.

We demand for the coordinator of the Trans & Queer Center to be permanently hired full time. Currently, they are temporarily hired and their contract ends in June.

We demand the creation of a permanent position that will support undocumented students. This position will have a budget that will create scholarships, housing, and protections.

We demand that the video created for Day of Absence and Day of Presence that was stolen by white supremacists and edited to expose and ridicule the students and staff be taken down by the administration this Friday.

We demand Bret Weinstein be suspended immediately without pay but all students receive full credit.

We demand an official statement on each of these demands from George Bridges that is divided up into 10 sections on this Friday May 26th, 2017.

We demand that no changes to The Student Code of Conduct be made without democratic student consent.

We demand that Officer Timothy O’Dell be fired and suspended without pay while an investigation takes place.

We demand the immediate firing of Andrea Seabert Olsen, the Assistant to the VP for Student Conduct, from all Evergreen State College positions.

We demand the immediate disarming of Police Services and no expansion of police facilities or services at any point in the future.

We demand mandatory sensitivity and cultural competency training for faculty, staff, administrators, and student employees.

We demand the creation of an Equity Center

We demand for the coordinator of the Trans & Queer Center to be permanently hired full time.

We demand the creation of a position that will support undocumented students.

I demand that you whiners shut the hell up with your whining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon May 29, 2017 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next