Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Anyone need a job? The Finishers Union is looking for people 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Came across this on Facebook, 2nd time they've put out a flier looking for bodies this year that I'm aware of.
If you don't mind working, and currently make less, it might be something worth looking into, even if only for the summer.
I have absolutely no clue on how their payscale is structured (ie if the wage listed is for Journeyman with 5k hrs experience, or anybody that can pass a piss test and show up etc) you'll need to contact the number in their flier an ask for the details.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hod carriers union is fireproofing numerous buildings in Seattle. Best place for a felon to get a killer job.

Divided we fall.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Hod carriers union is fireproofing numerous buildings in Seattle. Best place for a felon to get a killer job.

I was thinking people who were working dead end retail with no benefits and high school grads/college age kids who don't have a solid job lined up that pays very much for the summer.

Felony conviction is irrelevant in the Trades for the most part, as long as you actually work no one cares what you do outside of work. Same as your religious beliefs or ethnic background, or political affiliation. Just do the work and don't be a douche, and no one cares.

There are several of us making a living as Union Tradesmen on this forum, who aren't felons, but thanks for the insight.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWRed wrote:
OhShoot! wrote:

I was thinking people who were working dead end retail with no benefits and high school grads/college age kids who don't have a solid job lined up that pays very much for the summer.

Felony conviction is irrelevant in the Trades for the most part, as long as you actually work no one cares what you do outside of work. Same as your religious beliefs or ethnic background, or political affiliation. Just do the work and don't be a douche, and no one cares.

There are several of us making a living as Union Tradesmen on this forum, who aren't felons, but thanks for the insight.

You misunderstood me. I worked stucco for a few years and the 5 Fireproofers that I know were all felons. I'm not bashing the trade or the felons. Just saying that it is a great place for someone with felonies to make a fresh start in my usual poorly worded format.

Divided we fall.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]