Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 94  Next
 2017-2018 NFL Trash Talk Thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike in Wa wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Pete has done nothing but surround himself with "Yes Men" this offseason.

Not a huge fan of either DC or OC signing.

What were you expecting a new regime with the same leader?

Yes, it happens.

Example: Green Bay.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Mike in Wa wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Pete has done nothing but surround himself with "Yes Men" this offseason.

Not a huge fan of either DC or OC signing.

What were you expecting a new regime with the same leader?

Yes, it happens.

Example: Green Bay.

Well, they're sitting on the sidelines now, too, so there's that :bigsmile:

I believe you WANT yes men around you; you want somebody implementing your vision, not their own agenda.

What's creeping out with reports & player interviews is there was a lack of player accountability with Richard, Cable & Bevel.

Apparently, Bevel was too nice to do it. Cable kept thinking it would 'click' with the O-line, and didn't want to undermine their confidence, and Richard was 'one of the boys' from being the secondary/legion of boom coach....

Glad to see Norton back. He helped develop Wagner, KJ Wright and Bruce Irvin into who they became for the Super Bowl run & beyond.

I remember Wagner's rookie year...it seemed like he might be a bust early on...

First few games, he was out of position a lot.; then, he'd be in position, but his hips were turned the wrong way, so he could only get a hand on someone, or try an arm tackle.

THEN, it all came together, and he was in position, facing the QB, driving towards the QB, and able to drop into shallow coverage to help.

And he really got KJ Wright to the next level, and got Bruce Irvin's head on straight (remember, he was a hothead, and they didn't think he would last long....)

Players respond to him.

It's Pete's defense, so you want a yes man there, but that guy also has to hold players accountable.

I think it was less of an issue before, because the players were holding themselves accountable, but once they all started getting paid, got a ring, and started speaking out, marketing themselves, etc, it became more 'me' than 'us'.

As far as Bryan Schottenheimer as OC, I was skeptical at first, but after listening to Austin Davis, I'm feeling better. He was with Schotty in St Louis, and he talked about how creative they were, drop-back, play action, etc., and how good they were at running screens, and we sucked at it last year.

Other teams even said our offense was predictable in after game interviews, though obviously Russ could be unpredictable.

That creativity will help the O-line, too, so defenses can't just pin their ears back & bull-rush all the time.

And hopefully with Solari's O-line experience, he can find a way to patchwork a line that works.

I also think Baldwin has made some cryptic comments about some players not doing their jobs, so hopefully we can punt those fuckers :thumbsup2:

I'm glad to see change, instead of saying 'everything will be okay'....

I'm excited to see how things develop.

Go HAWKS! :cheers2:

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
That hat looks brand new.......just buy it today ??? :bigsmile:

Nope, just not my daily driver. That is usually my Vortex Hat.

Its my Sunday Finest hat.

I have been a Vikings fan for all my life, except the dark times when Favre was there. I just kinda zoned outta football for those two years. Strongly dislike that man.

EDIT: Sorry about the delay in replying. I might have been on a bit of a celebratory run.

Last edited by root on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
codfather wrote:

I have been a Vikings fan for all my life, except the dark times when Favre was there. I just kinda zoned outta football for those two years. Strongly dislike that man.

Well Im hoping for a Vikings-Jags Bowl this year.

I would like to see the Vikings play and win a Superbowl in their own stadium. That would be pretty sweet

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
root wrote:
codfather wrote:

I would like to see the Vikings play and win a Superbowl in their own stadium. That would be pretty sweet

It would be a hell of a First Franchise Ring, wouldn't it?

mmalleck wrote:
Pablo wrote:
The constant reminders of our shitty kicker are too much.

I was thinking the same thing during the Vikings Saints game. Why can't we have a kicker like Kai Forbath?

Because the Seahawks decided to pay too much money to other players, rather than a position that usually puts the most points on the board in a game.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

Go Jags!

But if NE wins, then I would love to see Brady beat in Minn.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

root wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
root wrote:
codfather wrote:

mmalleck wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I was thinking the same thing during the Vikings Saints game. Why can't we have a kicker like Kai Forbath?

Because the Seahawks decided to pay too much money to other players, rather than a position that usually puts the most points on the board in a game.

I'm happy for you & your Vikes, but I gotta call bullshit on this ridiculous statement.

The Vikings are only paying Horvath $760,000. The kicker we had to let go wanted, and got, nearly $3 million a year.

Unfortunately, we're paying your ex sucky kicker Walsh $800,000/yr, with the potential for $300k in bonuses

To infer you have a better kicker because Minnesota wasn't short-sighted & was willing to pay more, is patently false, and not supported by facts.

We're actually paying your ex-kicker MORE than you're paying Horvath.

And the 3 million we kept under the salary cap went to one of the two veterans we brought in later in the season that at least gave us a pass rusher, or veteran o-lineman (your choice who it went to...)

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
root wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
root wrote:

mmalleck wrote:
Pablo wrote:

I'm happy for you & your Vikes, but I gotta call bullshit on this ridiculous statement.

The Vikings are only paying Horvath $760,000. The kicker we had to let go wanted, and got, nearly $3 million a year.

Unfortunately, we're paying your ex sucky kicker Walsh $800,000/yr, with the potential for $300k in bonuses

To infer you have a better kicker because Minnesota wasn't short-sighted & was willing to pay more, is patently false, and not supported by facts.

We're actually paying your ex-kicker MORE than you're paying Horvath.

And the 3 million we kept under the salary cap went to one of the two veterans we brought in later in the season that at least gave us a pass rusher, or veteran o-lineman (your choice who it went to...)

So what you are saying, is that the Vikings are much better at being fiscally responsible, and know when to get rid of a shitty kicker. That is exactly my point.

You should have ponied up the cash, or gotten a non shitty kicker... The fact that they also picked up a kicker now that missed a critical FG against the Seahawks...

It is like the tryouts for a Seahawk kicker is... to miss in front of them? I mean... Two points begin to create a line.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's not at all what you said.

You said the Seahawks put money elsewhere, and should have put it into the kicker, and it was said in the context of discussing the Vikings, so the inference is that the Vikings were 'fiscally responsible' enough to have done that.

I merely pointed out the contradiction in your statement.

I've congratulated you twice on your Vikes....I'm not trying to have a pissing contest over this....just pointing out the inaccuracy of your statement.

It was miserable as hell watching Walsh kick; but in the end, like every team looking for a kicker last year, you bring a bunch into Training Camp, and stick with the one who makes the most kicks at the time.

The problem is, Walsh was streaky in college, too. 60% one year, 86% another, 70%, and 94%.....

Most kickers are head cases, but he was the worst.

I'm also worried about our punter, Ryan. He's been fantastic for years, but he was terrible the last 1/3-1/12 of the season.

Hey root, how do you hope the QB situation plays out for your Vikes, as to they keep for next year?

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hoping Jacksonville wins. Would be good to see a new team in the mix. Both teams playing well, but pats turning it on

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dilly Dilly

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too bad Jags lost their left tackle; Harrison was all of his replacement.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Patriots Win again.

Hell Yeah!!!!!!

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

My hatred for that despicable franchise burns with the fire of a thousand suns.

Another Super Bowl ruined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Breck wrote:
MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

My hatred for that despicable franchise burns with the fire of a thousand suns.

Another Super Bowl ruined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know who NFL wants to win.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 94  Next