Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 King County Sheriff assaulted with a deadly weapon 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
This is societal issue we all own.

No we don't.

67% of those, do not want any help of any kind. The rest should get guidance on how to get out of that shit. That's it.

So if they don't want help, we'll just leave them alone camped in the middle of the city?

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
danoh wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

No we don't.

67% of those, do not want any help of any kind. The rest should get guidance on how to get out of that shit. That's it.

So if they don't want help, we'll just leave them alone camped in the middle of the city?

Not exactly...are you familiar with the term "bum's rush"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is video footage of what happened.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... -urquhart/

Got to be embarrassing that two LEOs, including the Sheriff himself, couldn't apprehend that perp. So many opportunities to draw, yell at the perp to get on the ground and hold him there. They were shouting and yelling at each other from 20 feet away for a while and then they let him walk away.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
danoh wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

No we don't.

Not exactly...are you familiar with the term "bum's rush"?

Exactly. They are to be told to "Move along". They will go where there is the least amount of harassment. Currently, that's ANYWHERE in Seattle. Seattle has made their bed. Nothing will change.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:

Got to be embarrassing that two LEOs, including the Sheriff himself, couldn't apprehend that perp. So many opportunities to draw, yell at the perp to get on the ground and hold him there. They were shouting and yelling at each other from 20 feet away for a while and then they let him walk away.

I'm so confused by this video...

First the BG gets the drop on them from behind but then stops for some reason. Then Urquhart just stands there while the chief of staff guy steps back and draws. Smart move on creating space.

Then BG moseys off while Urquhart stands in the middle of the crosswalk.

Then BG gets his bike and leads them on a walking-speed keystone kops chase around the intersection.

My guess is that Urquhart was shell-shocked and couldn't react. Not the kind of guy I want as a sheriff.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
Alpine wrote:

I'm so confused by this video...

First the BG gets the drop on them from behind but then stops for some reason. Then Urquhart just stands there while the chief of staff guy steps back and draws. Smart move on creating space.

Then BG moseys off while Urquhart stands in the middle of the crosswalk.

Then BG gets his bike and leads them on a walking-speed keystone kops chase around the intersection.

My guess is that Urquhart was shell-shocked and couldn't react. Not the kind of guy I want as a sheriff.

Disagree that he was shell shocked. He got into stance because he knew Crazy wasn't that much of a threat. That was the pose of a man standing his ground against a 3rd and James loony.

I'd rather have that than mr. Snowflake Gunfighter over there that immediately pulls lethal force.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sheriff pulled out his phone and called 911.

Barringer stepped back to get some room to draw etc and told the guy to get on the ground. He took off. They did follow him for a bit according to a report I saw, and then SPD got him a few blocks away.

They don't carry less-lethal in plain clothes, don't have radios, they don't need to be running down the street trying to catch the guy. Plenty of patrol people equipped to do that.

I think what they did was tactically fine, one calling it in, and one defending them. My only quibble is I think the sheriff could have taken a few steps back to, just to avoid potential cross-fire. I'll give him a pass on that.

Barringer has graduated CJTC (though I hear rumors he skipped some time here and there) and he also did the required field training on patrol.

I know both of them reasonably well, their reaction to this was pretty much what I would have expected of them.
And to be perfectly honest, as a private citizen with a crazy guy running at me like that -- I'd have been very close to firing.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Exactly. They are to be told to "Move along". They will go where there is the least amount of harassment. Currently, that's ANYWHERE in Seattle. Seattle has made their bed. Nothing will change.

I agree - don't see anything changing there. The fact the sheriff has suggested more deputy foot patrols on turf which is the responsibility of Seattle city speaks to the failure of the city of Seattle. The place is literally a steaming SHIT hole.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
they don't need to be running down the street trying to catch the guy.

Why not? How did they know this nutjob wouldn't hurt someone before some cops that COULD be BOTHERED to arrest him showed up?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Nearly" stabbed with scissors. Why hasn't there been a push for a scissors ban?

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
danoh wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

No we don't.

we quit feeding and coddling them....once they have to make a choice between drugs/alcohol and food, the 1st battle will be won.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
danoh wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

No we don't.

we quit feeding and coddling them....once they have to make a choice between drugs/alcohol and food, the 1st battle will be won.

You've seen them right? A lot of them seem pretty happy begging for handouts in the street and rooting through trashcans.
I don't think taking anything away will change their behavior.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

You've seen them right? A lot of them seem pretty happy begging for handouts in the street and rooting through trashcans.
I don't think taking anything away will change their behavior.

Exactly! We can get rid of all the 'social' services with no ill effect.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

The sheriff's response seemed like "I got a lot of years behind me and don't scare easily. Let's dance mother fucker."

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

BadKarma wrote:
The sheriff's response seemed like "I got a lot of years behind me and don't scare easily. Let's dance mother fucker."

I kind of agree

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2