General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Eric Bolling's Son Commits Suicide

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:00 pm

I posted this on the Eric Bolling Fired thread, but thought I'd make a separate thread so it doesn't get buried.

No matter what you think of the guy, having your only son committ suicide is terrible. By all accounts, he was a devoted father.

Re: Eric Bolling's Son Commits Suicide

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Wow, that is so rough for the family. I'm sorry - the stress must be astronomical...

I haven't looked at the news today, but I saw some reports saying that it might not be suicide?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:25 pm

TMZ says OD, Bolling says police say no sign of self harm
Probably take a few weeks for more info.
Last edited by Guntrader on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:25 pm

I heard the same thing. Family is opting for a autopsy.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Autopsy isn't optional, unless you are monitored by a doctor for a terminal illness or happen to be a Supreme Court Justice.

Be surprised if it isn't suicide or 'death by misadventure'.
19 year old kids rarely just fall over dead.

Either way, that's gotta be the worst thing that could happen to a parent.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Wow, after I heard suicide only a few hours after his father was fired, I didn't want to read more heart-wrenching details.

Hearing now it may not be is great.

Losing your only son is awful; having to go through the ret of your life thinking it's in any way tied to something stupid you did, would be unwieldy.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:32 am

Guntrader wrote:Autopsy isn't optional, unless you are monitored by a doctor for a terminal illness or happen to be a Supreme Court Justice.
I have heard some religions forbid Autopsy's and the court can't make them. Anybody else hear this?

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 pm

"Compelling public necessity".
The family can object, but a court can overrule their objections.
Depends on the circumstances of death, the State you live in, and whether it is necessary to determine the cause of death.

But an otherwise healthy 19 YO suddenly dropping dead for no apparent reason, that seems pretty compelling to me.

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-an ... -autopsies

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:59 pm

My money says OD.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Truly a sad day for Mr. Bolling and family. I don't care what he supposedly did 14 years ago to get fired, but losing your only son before you die? No matter the circumstances. Truly devastating. I cannot imagine what a basket case I would be if that happened to me. Prayers to the family.
Post a reply