Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:34 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 What is going on with my Puppy? Any vets on the board? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever, that's what is puzzling all the vets, and Neurologists he has seen. If anyone we to see him between his episodes every 7-10 days, they would think he is a completely normal 16 week out moose. He eats like a horse, has tons of energy, normal bowel movements, and looks like a baby deer running due to his super long legs he has not yet grown into.

I went down yesterday to the vet and he is now 22lbs, so he's gained 3lbs in just over 2 weeks. I spoke with the lady at the shelter where he came from and they reached out to all the other homes that adopted puppies from this litter and none of them are showing signs of what he has.

By the way, I want to say, my comments haven't been meant to be disrespectful. I hope there is nothing truly wrong with your puppy.

I just have this knee-jerk reaction of always trying to inject humor, (Not always the best humor. LOL), into any otherwise serious situation.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever, that's what is puzzling all the vets, and Neurologists he has seen. If anyone we to see him between his episodes every 7-10 days, they would think he is a completely normal 16 week out moose. He eats like a horse, has tons of energy, normal bowel movements, and looks like a baby deer running due to his super long legs he has not yet grown into.

I went down yesterday to the vet and he is now 22lbs, so he's gained 3lbs in just over 2 weeks. I spoke with the lady at the shelter where he came from and they reached out to all the other homes that adopted puppies from this litter and none of them are showing signs of what he has.

By the way, I want to say, my comments haven't been meant to be disrespectful. I hope there is nothing truly wrong with your puppy.

I just have this knee-jerk reaction of always trying to inject humor, (Not always the best humor. LOL), into any otherwise serious situation.

No apology needed bud. At this point all I can do is accept what's in the cards and roll on

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Following up from last week.

CBC (blood test) came back 100% clear for any toxins, poisons, diseases or parasites

I neurologist gave me an anti seizure prescription to start the next time he encounters an episode. So far its been 11 days with nothing.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

CBC (blood test) came back 100% clear for any toxins, poisons, diseases or parasites

I neurologist gave me an anti seizure prescription to start the next time he encounters an episode. So far its been 11 days with nothing.

This is good news.

Something to consider, when we first got our "new" dog (a year or so ago), he had all kinds of odd behaviors, he'd been mistreated by his former owners, then spent the next year with his breeder (who repossessed him from the assholes). She did what she could for him, but since he had been neutered, she had little time for him among the 6-7 other dogs that she shows & breeds, so while his basic needs were being tended to, and he got play time with the other dogs, I suspect that he spent a lot of him time in his crate despite her best intentions. He had weird little tics like itching at himself for no reason, defensive behaviors (that drew blood on a number of occasions), etc. He's beyond most of that now. He hasn't bloodied either of us for a number of months (he's more prone to do it with me since I play harder with him than Rita does).

I hope that your new pup will go through a similar calming down routine once he's used to the new environment and settles in.

Ours still loves to play what we've come to call "bow & dash" where he'll drop into a play bow, and we'll engage him by sticking our hands out wide to the sides and taking aggressive steps toward him, and then he'll dash off at top speed doing laps in the yard, and running past us as close as he can come while trying to dodge away from our outstretched arms (or in my case nipping at my hands as he goes by). He'll do a couple of laps, then drop back into a play bow to start over. After we're done, he's nearly exhausted from the running and will go find a nice cool place to lay down and cool off. This similarity to your original story is what caught my eye.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:

That's good to hear and thanks for the update. Maybe just a natural growing issue he overcame, or a mild parasite he warded off, etc.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Get used to posting in these subs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StoppedWorking/
https://www.reddit.com/r/WhatsWrongWithYourDog/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalsBeingDerps/

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4